· Total Members: 840
· Newest Member: Moodymark
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
View Thread
 Print Thread
Question About SOS and Power Ratings
beaurm
Hello all, I just bought some GWD Bowl sets with the intention of mixing them up into a cross-year season. I found that they do not have power ratings or SOS. They are only rated to play the actual Bowl games. Is this gonna screw up their performance in a regular-season project? Has anyone tried to overcome this issue, or come up with a way to rate them?

Thanks, Russ B.

DowneyGames

beaurm wrote:

Hello all, I just bought some GWD Bowl sets with the intention of mixing them up into a cross-year season. I found that they do not have power ratings or SOS. They are only rated to play the actual Bowl games. Is this gonna screw up their performance in a regular-season project? Has anyone tried to overcome this issue, or come up with a way to rate them?

Thanks, Russ B.

The Power Rating has nothing at all to do with anything other than creating a pre-game line. I dropped that for a few years, as there was confusion.

I can't think of any College set that we have done that does not have SOS. The two recent sets that you bought 2011 and 2004 Top 25 both have SOS.

You won't have any issue with your project. Use the SOS for each team, and play as per normal.

beaurm
OK, thank you. Sorry for any confusion, but the 2011 Bowl Set has no SOS or Power Ratings. I see there is a note in the instructions that says the SOS is already factored into the cards, but it still seems odd to use them in a cross-season project without a SOS rating, especially when playing against a team that does have a SOS rating.

HoustonRules
It would seem to me that if the SOS is already factored into the cards, then they should work whether or not it shows you what the SOS rating is, even for teams that are in different seasons. (FYI--I don't own this game, I'm just inferring this from what you both said already.)

If the SOS is already factored into the cards, then the cards are therefore normalized across eras. Kind of like in PLAAY's Second Season football, the players are always rated (by the company) relative to how they would be rated if they made an NFL roster and vs. NFL competition, regardless of what league/era they were in. In this way one can get accurate interleague/intertime results, as well as seeing the level of play in that league, even when both teams are from the same league and season.

So you should be good to go!

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Email or Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest Downloads
· Harold Combess' Fast...
· Harold Combess' Kiss...