Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 177 unregistered users and 2 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
· POTG Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Hockey 2018 NHL Available (Apr 11, 2018)
· Final Score Hockey 2017-18 Universe Released (Apr 11, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Easter Sale Begins (Mar 26, 2018)
· RLB 2018 NCAA Tournament Year Book Available (Mar 14, 2018)
· Player of the Game 2018 NCAA Year Book Available (Mar 12, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Re: Sudden Kayo Victory by Hart  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2007 - 11:31 PM

anothersite wrote:
I remember watching John Tate get knocked out. He should have been on his bicycle no where near that punch.

I watched that fight on TV too. I couldn't believe it when Weaver caught Tate for that sudden KO.

anothersite wrote:
Believe me, I did a lot of "huh"ing about the Hart KO Jeffries. One bout does not tell all, but the one off results can be fun. Smile

As I stated before, It's unlikely that Hart would have beaten Jeffries in 1905, but not impossible. This parallels my experience in Data Boxing, which has shown that Big Jeff will very likely beat Hart in the Data Boxing world, although Hart does have a very slim "puncher's chance."

anothersite wrote:
I need to figure out how I am going to work in Sam Langford, etc. into the Replay since they were denied a Title shot in Reality, then I will know who Hart will defend against. In real life, Hart lost the Title in his first defense to Burns by 20 round decision on February 23, 1906, and I may just use them in the next bout. BTW, next bout will be in few days.

I don't think Hart's title reign will last very long, but then again, as was said in Rocky Balboa "It ain't over till it's over."

"So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I fight to win. I'm not just shadow-boxing or playing around." (I Cor. 9:26)

Reply with quote Back to top
anothersiteOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Sudden Kayo Victory by Hart  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2007 - 07:18 AM

The series is going on sabbatical. Good-bye for now.

Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Marvin Hart  PostPosted: Jun 03, 2015 - 04:54 PM

anothersite wrote:
Background: "The Fightin' Kentuckian" Marvin Hart knocked out Jack Root in the 12th round to be awarded the vacant Heavyweight Title in July 1905 by the recently retired Jim Jeffries. http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=011627

Replay background: Since it took Jeffries two chances to win the title, he did not retire with the title this time. He decided to beat Hart in July 1905, since Jack Root already lost his Replay Title shot. Jeffries enters the bout in peak condition. (I agree with Big_City about not reducing Jeffries yet, but I wanted someone else to say it. Thanks.)

Result: Hart K7 Jeffries R2/4, P12.5/14.5, N0/0, C&I0/0. Time 1:04 of the 7th round.

Dice details and comments: Hart rolled offensive 17 to activate KO. Jeffries rolled defensive 3. Oh, Jeffries has been knocked out. Huh. Power blow not nullified. Huh. Hart has 1 in 72 offensive roll chance for KO. Jeffries has 17 (rolls 3, 5, and 6) in 216 defensive roll chance for KO. Huh. This Replay series has ended for Jeffries. He does not strike me as that mythically great of a fighter, but his run of luck has been terrible.

Inspired by the book In the Ring with Marvin Hart, I re-created selected bouts from the "The Fightin' Kentuckian's" career using Data Boxing PC, where the all-time heavyweights are back in the ring again!

In the Ring with Marvin Hart Data Boxing replays:

http://tabletop-sports.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2749&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

"So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I fight to win. I'm not just shadow-boxing or playing around." (I Cor. 9:26)

Jump to: