Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 180 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Thanksgiving Sale 2018 at Downey Games (Nov 16, 2018)
· UQ Baseball 2018 MLB Season Released (Nov 12, 2018)
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ARothman
Post subject: New Games  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2018 - 08:28 AM

Since Downey is the best game maker Iíve seen what sport that they donít currently make would you like to see and what years or teams for a current game would you like to Seek?

Reply with quote Back to top
BillSOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2018 - 10:14 AM

I would like to see a full-play hockey game. Something like "Real Life Hockey" would be great!!

Also, a horse racing game would be fun.

kseesar1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2018 - 06:43 PM

Bill,

I totally agree. If a full-play hockey game were available I would definitely buy it.

Matt

kseesar1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2018 - 06:44 PM

BillS wrote:
I would like to see a full-play hockey game. Something like "Real Life Hockey" would be great!!

Also, a horse racing game would be fun.

Bill,

I second that notion. If Downey Games produced a full-play hockey game I'd totally buy it.

Matt

FrankCOffline
Post subject: games  PostPosted: Nov 02, 2018 - 08:52 AM

Remember the simplicity of Negamco Basketball. I think the game came out over 60 years ago and though it wasn't perfect it was the very best at the time. In fact I don't think there was another statistical basketball game on the market. Between Negamco and Cadeco basketball played with the ping pong ball I think I wore them out. Negamco used a spinner. Now we could use 100 sided dice.

I enjoyed Negamco and usually played the game by myself. The spinner caused problems when others played the game because of the controversy if the spin landed on a line. I had several friends that were always looking to cheat their way to victory so solo was much easier.

I pulled out an old Negamco basketball game the other day. To show how old it is; the NY Knicks won the NBA title that year and Lou Alcinder was a rookie for the Milwaukee Bucks. I also had an earlier version that had college teams but I think it is in the storage unit. The game played as simple as it did in the past.

kseesar1Offline
Post subject: RE: games  PostPosted: Nov 02, 2018 - 04:41 PM

I'm confused. I don't mean to be rude, but what does this have to do with new games the Downey's haven't produced yet?

Derek KraftOffline
Post subject: RE: games  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2018 - 01:05 AM

I think a Spelling Bee game would be good. Each speller would be rated on easy, intermediate and difficult words. You would roll for the difficulty, then roll again and consult a chart for the word. Finally, you would roll to see how the speller did. Another good game would be poker, with all the top players rated for skill, tells, aggressiveness, etc. Imagine bluffing Phil Helmuth when you have nothing and he has two pair!!

That was a joke, btw.

Frank, love your comment. I haven't played that game but I have seen it on Ebay. That was the 69-70 season you played. I think SOM has the best basketball game. When we play any of these games, we suspend our disbelief. We are rolling freaking dice. My issue with other basketball games such as Statis Pro and Real Life, is that i feel like once I shuffle the deck my role is done and all I am doing is flipping cards. For whatever reason, rolling dice, or using a spinner in Negamco, makes me feel more involved. I don't want to watch a board game, and that is what I feel is happening in those card flip games.

Hockey guys, have you tried SOM? I have never played it but I think a lot of people enjoy SOM hockey.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: games  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2018 - 06:46 AM

kseesar1, My comment has to do with nostalgia and my mind wandering back in time. I think of Downey games and I think of simplicity. I just thought of Negamco because of the simplicity but your point is well taken. I used up space with a needless comment.

Jeff NicholsonOffline
Post subject: Re: games  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2018 - 02:59 PM

FrankC wrote:
kseesar1, My comment has to do with nostalgia and my mind wandering back in time. I think of Downey games and I think of simplicity. I just thought of Negamco because of the simplicity but your point is well taken. I used up space with a needless comment.

Frank, I enjoyed your comments immensely as they brought back a lot of great memories !

I played the heck out of Negamco Basketball many, many decades ago. The spinner that came with it was even more problematic than the one that came with their Baseball Game because it was 1-100, and as I recall the tip didn't even reach the numbers. Those were the days, for sure. Very Happy Very Happy

kseesar1Offline
Post subject: Re: games  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2018 - 03:03 PM

FrankC wrote:

You're totally right. I apologize to you and everyone else for being snippy.

Matt

ACOMPLITANOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: games  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2018 - 05:21 PM

Being that we are on Negamco Basketball can it be played solitare. I checked around and I see it states for 2 players.

Thanks Alan

Jeff NicholsonOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: games  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2018 - 08:43 PM

ACOMPLITAN wrote:
Being that we are on Negamco Basketball can it be played solitare. I checked around and I see it states for 2 players.

Thanks Alan

Yes, it can be played solitare.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: negamco  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2018 - 10:18 AM

ACOMPLITAN - I find Negamco is easier played solitare. No one argues about the spinner being on their side of the line. You can eliminate the problem by using 100 side dice.

If you purchase the game on e-bay it comes with a professional season or 2 units of a college season. A unit is like a conference; Big 10, ACC, etc.

ACOMPLITANOffline
Post subject: RE: negamco  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2018 - 01:52 PM

Thanks Guys I had this game way back just could not remember

Alan

Jump to: