Main Menu
· Home

Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy


Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
Online
There are 187 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 Game Winning Drive College Football Available (Dec 10, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick College Football Available (Dec 09, 2018)
· 2018 College Available for Downey's FS Football (Dec 09, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 26, 2018)
· Thanksgiving Sale 2018 at Downey Games (Nov 16, 2018)
· UQ Baseball 2018 MLB Season Released (Nov 12, 2018)
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
bbwsminOffline
Post subject: Downey Real Life Basketball questions  PostPosted: Jun 16, 2018 - 01:20 PM



Joined: May 20, 2006
Posts: 15

Status: Offline
Hi all,

I am finally trying Real Life Basketball with a Cleveland at Golden State game 1.

The first Action result I have reads: A pass to RG who passes to Post for split with LG. Shot by LG INSIDE (+1/+2)

I don't see this one covered specifically in the rules, and if wondering if it is a switch where the C is now guarding the LG (in this case Draymond Green guarding J.R. Smith). The next action card reads under Shot:

Blocked by defender if Forward or Center. Shot missed otherwise.

So I am guessing now that this would be a blocked shot by Green.

Also, if someone can tell me what the numbers are at the bottom of the cards? The first card I referred to is a "12" and the second "19".

Kevin H.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: Downey Real Life Basketball questions  PostPosted: Jun 16, 2018 - 01:48 PM
Site Admin


Joined: May 05, 2012
Posts: 1114

Status: Offline
bbwsmin wrote:
Hi all,

I am finally trying Real Life Basketball with a Cleveland at Golden State game 1.

The first Action result I have reads: A pass to RG who passes to Post for split with LG. Shot by LG INSIDE (+1/+2)

I don't see this one covered specifically in the rules, and if wondering if it is a switch where the C is now guarding the LG (in this case Draymond Green guarding J.R. Smith). The next action card reads under Shot:

Blocked by defender if Forward or Center. Shot missed otherwise.

So I am guessing now that this would be a blocked shot by Green.



You have it correct. The "split" is an older term for "switch". So the Center has switched with the LG defensively.
[/quote]
Also, if someone can tell me what the numbers are at the bottom of the cards? The first card I referred to is a "12" and the second "19".

Kevin H.[/quote]

Those are the 3PT numbers. Covered on the 3PT section of the rules.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
bbwsminOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Downey Real Life Basketball questions  PostPosted: Jun 17, 2018 - 11:13 PM



Joined: May 20, 2006
Posts: 15

Status: Offline
Thanks for these answers. The game seems to have a great flow and I like that the cards are keeping track of the time.

Here is another Action reading I had with another question:

LG works give and go to LF for OPEN SHOT by LG INSIDE (+!/+2)

If the LG does make the shot does the LF get credit for an assist?

Kevin H.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Downey Real Life Basketball questions  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2018 - 12:02 AM
Site Admin


Joined: May 05, 2012
Posts: 1114

Status: Offline
bbwsmin wrote:
Thanks for these answers. The game seems to have a great flow and I like that the cards are keeping track of the time.

Here is another Action reading I had with another question:

LG works give and go to LF for OPEN SHOT by LG INSIDE (+!/+2)

If the LG does make the shot does the LF get credit for an assist?

Kevin H.


Yes. That is correct.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
bbwsminOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Downey Real Life Basketball questions  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2018 - 09:38 PM



Joined: May 20, 2006
Posts: 15

Status: Offline
Here's another one:

A pass to LG who gets a double screen for shot OUTSIDE (0/0)

Would this be an open shot?

Kevin
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Downey Real Life Basketball questions  PostPosted: Jun 19, 2018 - 12:25 AM
Site Admin


Joined: May 05, 2012
Posts: 1114

Status: Offline
bbwsmin wrote:
Here's another one:

A pass to LG who gets a double screen for shot OUTSIDE (0/0)

Would this be an open shot?

Kevin


Nope. Read the cards literally. If it says OPEN, it's an open shot. If not, then it is not.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
bbwsminOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Downey Real Life Basketball question  PostPosted: Jun 20, 2018 - 01:05 PM



Joined: May 20, 2006
Posts: 15

Status: Offline
Sorry, I'm turning this into my personal FAQ site.

This is a rebound result:

REB: OLG who shoots from area 1

I'm guessing this is an inside shot with no modification for the LG? Or would it have the +1/+2 modification from the older game section 1 shooting?

Kevin
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Downey Real Life Basketball ques  PostPosted: Jun 20, 2018 - 11:47 PM
Site Admin


Joined: May 05, 2012
Posts: 1114

Status: Offline
bbwsmin wrote:
Sorry, I'm turning this into my personal FAQ site.

This is a rebound result:

REB: OLG who shoots from area 1

I'm guessing this is an inside shot with no modification for the LG? Or would it have the +1/+2 modification from the older game section 1 shooting?

Kevin


Inside shot for LG with no modification.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Display posts from previous:     
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 The PNphpBB Group
Credits
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest (c) 1998-2012 by Jeff Downey and Tabletop-sports.com
theme © by narodniki.com