Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 137 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rickertOffline
Post subject: Back to Basics -- a re-appreciation  PostPosted: May 22, 2018 - 11:41 AM

I just started playing some games with this after several months of not getting it out. Let me start by saying that I understand the game has a couple of issues like scoring being a tad low, errors being quite a bit low and pitchers needing a rating below F for hitting. But I have a work around for all of those things.

The result is a quick playing game that still gives realistic results with every player up to and including 2014 rated and available for just the cost of purchasing the game. At $10.95 for the ebook edition and $14.95 for the printed version it makes this game perhaps the greatest baseball value on the planet.

I just played a game between the 1941 and 1977 Dodgers teams. Higbe vs. sutton. The final score was 6-1 in favor of the 77 team. The 1941 team had 8 hits, 3 doubles and 5 singles. Reiser had 2 hits and the only run came on a Walker double and a Owen single. The 77 team had 11 hits, none of them homers. Smith, Cey and Yeager had 2 hits apiece.

Now I am a big fan of the entire history of baseball and that includes the current product. So I am hoping that it will be possible to make the game current again. Perhaps if that can't be accomplished maybe the formulas for the ratings could be revealed. I would gladly rate my own teams. Since the teams are currently available for free, it wouldn't be losing the company any money.

I am going to post this on a couple of other sites. Any of you out there that like the game, I encourage you to spread the word. Maybe some increased sales of the game will make it more profitable to spend the time necessary to do the past 3 seasons. But even without them, this is a gem and a bargain that deserves your consideration.

Reply with quote Back to top
w_hildOffline
Post subject: RE: Back to Basics -- a re-appreciation  PostPosted: May 22, 2018 - 01:38 PM

Hear hear!! Three cheers for Back-To-Basics. A wonderful game.

I've been playing a few games myself over the past couple days. So far...

The 1886 White Stockings beat the 1887 Browns 5 to 2.
The 1894 Orioles beat the 1892 Beaneaters 6 to 2.
The 1875 Red Stockings beat the 1902 Pirates 5 to 3.

And, in the fifth inning, the 1904 Giants lead the 1904 Highlanders 3 to 1.

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2018 - 02:03 PM

Glad to read about your games. If you want, email me at: rickertt at comcast dot net. I can let you know how I play and we can share notes.

Jump to: