· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 148 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· RLB 2018 NCAA Tournament Year Book Available (Mar 14, 2018)
· Player of the Game 2018 NCAA Year Book Available (Mar 12, 2018)
· 2018 NCAA Available for UQ College Basketball (Mar 12, 2018)
· Final Score College Basketball 2018 Available (Mar 11, 2018)
· Two New Sets for Ultra Quick Baseball (Mar 10, 2018)
· 4 Canadian Football Seasons Released (Feb 09, 2018)
· NASCAR and IndyCar Year Books Released for Fast Action (Feb 01, 2018)
· POTG Golf 2017 Champions Tour Released (Jan 30, 2018)
· POTG Golf 2017 European Tour Released (Jan 30, 2018)
· Men's Legends released for UQ Tennis (Jan 24, 2018) Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Post subject: Variety of individual BtB games  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2017 - 09:49 AM

I have rejuvenated my interest in Back To Basics Baseball. So I am going to be playing several games and reporting results here. I am doing this mostly for my own enjoyment, but I also want to raise the profile of this game for people who may not have given it a chance.

I open with the 1927 Yankees with Waite Hoyt on the mound against the 2014 Los Angeles Dodgers with Clayton Kershaw.

Yankees first - Bob Meusel singles but is left at first after Mark Koenig flies to right, Babe Ruth sends a ball to the warning track in deep right and Lou Gehrig strikes out.

Dodgers first - Dee Gordon flies to left, Matt Kemp grounds to second and Yasiel Puig strikes out. Good start for Hoyt.

Yankees second - Earle Combs lines out to third, Joe Dugan strikes out. Tony Lazzeri doubles. Pat Collins drives him in with a double. Hoyt singles but Collins holds at third. Meusel singles to left and the ball hops off the glove of Andre Ethier for an error. Collins scores and Hoyt is at third. Koenig strikes out. Yankees 2, Dodgers 0

Dodgers second - Hanley Ramirez flies to center, Adrian Gonzalez grounds out to first. Ethier dribbles one out in front of the plate and Collins fumbles it for an error. Justin Turner strikes out.

Yankees third - Ruth flies to left, Gehrig fans and Combs grounds out to Kershaw.

Dodgers third - AJ Ellis strikes out, Kershaw grounds out to short. Gordon walks and steals second but Kemp grounds out to third.

Yankees fourth - Dugan singles and Lazzeri flies to center. Collins' slow grounder to short allows Dugan to move up a base, but Hoyt grounds to second.

Dodgers fourth - Puig and Ramirez both whiff, but Gonzalez jerks an offering over the right field fence for a solo shot. Ethier flies out to left. Yankees 2, Dodgers 1

Yankees fifth - Meusel grounds to second followed by Koenig and Ruth both striking out.

Dodgers fifth - Turner lines out to first. Ellis strikes out again. Kershaw grounds to third.

Yankees sixth - Gehrig singles and moves to second on a grounder down the third base line that retires Combs. Dugan and Lazzeri both strike out.

Dodgers sixth - Gordon and Puig both fly out to deep right around a strikeout of Kemp.

Yankees seventh - After Collins flies to center and Hoyt grounds out to second, Meusel doubles, his third hit of the day. But Koenig fans for the third time.

Dodgers seventh - Ramirez grounds to second, Gonzalez flies to right and Ethier flies to center.

Yankees eighth - Ruth fans for the second time and Gehrig and Combs follows with grounders to short.

Dodgers eighth - Turner opens with a double. Hoyt is taken out in favor of Bob Shawkey. But during his mound warmups, Shawkey experiences tightness in his right elbow and has to leave. George Pipgras replaces him and gets as long as he wants to get ready. Pinch-hitter Juan Uribe doubles to tie the game. Pinch-hitter Carl Crawford flies to center. Gordon doubles and Uribe scores. Kemp grounds out to third with the runner holding and Puig flies to center. Dodgers 3, Yankees 2.

Yankees ninth - Kenley Jensen comes in to nail down the save. Dugan doubles. Lazzeri pops out to third. Collins doubles to tie the game. Pinch-hitter Johnny Grabowski singles in Collins to break the tie. Meusel strikes out. Koenig singles, sending Grabowski to third and Jensen leaves. J.P. Howell replaces him. Ruth walks but Gehrig strikes out. Yankees 4, Dodgers 3

Dodgers ninth - Dutch Ruether comes in for the Yanks to pitch. Ramirez singles. Gonzalez can smell a walkoff homer. But he grounds to short and a double play put 2 outs on the board. Ethier fans and the game is over.

Yankees 4 runs, 12 hits, 1 error. Dodgers 3 runs, 5 hits, 1 error.

The best part -- I can't wait to play again.
Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2017 - 12:05 PM
Site Admin

Good game.

Other than a single, Kershaw kept Ruth and Gehrig in check.
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2017 - 01:06 PM

Also, Hoyt handled a pretty good LA offense. Thanks for reading.
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 27, 2017 - 09:03 PM

Just had my first game , picked random teams (2000 Expos vs 2014 Jays , yes I am Canadian lol) Montreal took an early 1-0 lead in the first, added 3 more runs in the second then Toronto had three runs in the 3rd then the pitching took over until the 9th but even with a HR from Bautista the Jays could not finish (as usual) and the game ended 5-4.
Fun game but my only criticism would be that the light colours on the facts are a little hard to see (yes I wear reading glasses LOL)
Jump to: