· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 159 unregistered users and 2 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2017 Ultra Quick College Football Available (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 College Football Universe Available for Final Score (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale Extended 24 hours (Nov 25, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale at Downey Games (Nov 21, 2017)
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Year Book released for HardBall Wars (Oct 02, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chub9Offline
Post subject: Double side FAC cards  PostPosted: Apr 10, 2017 - 10:12 PM

Hi,

I own a few of the downey games which use the double sided FAC cards. Want to get peoples take on how they handle it? What i mean is once you use the one side of the FAC card do you simply put it aside for when you need a result from the other side. Like in gridiron wars you would use the one side to get say a rushing attempt do you simply put it aside for when you need to get a penalty result? I still get bogged down with wanting to select a new FAC card.

Walter

Reply with quote Back to top
BillSOffline
Post subject: RE: Double side FAC cards  PostPosted: Apr 11, 2017 - 02:44 PM

Hi Walter -
Generally, the rule of thumb is one result per side per card. What I do with GIW, for example, is start with the pile with the punts and returns facing up and then I flip the FAC to the left and get the reading I need. When I am doing a special teams play, such as a kickoff for example, I flip a FAC, read the KO result, then look immediately to the next FAC for the kickoff yardage.

With Hardball Wars, I also flip right to left, reading the result and then immediately referring to the stack for out location or position for error check, etc., as is necessary. Again, the rule of thumb is one result per side per card.

Chub9Offline
Post subject: Double sided FAC cards  PostPosted: Apr 11, 2017 - 10:07 PM

thanks Bill,

I will admit i am still a bit confused. Sorry I guess so used to using single sided FAC cards. So you are not making 2 seperate piles for the FAC cards?

Walter[/quote]

BillSOffline
Post subject: RE: Double sided FAC cards  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2017 - 02:51 PM

OK, Walter. Let me run through a couple of Gridiron Wars plays, card by card.

I am starting with the full FAC deck showing the special teams results (Punt, Punt Return, Kick Return) and penalties face up. I will flip from right to left.

Kickoff - I flip first card to get the KO result (where ball is received). Second card is flipped to check penalty. Third card is flipped to identify the kick returner (using the red and white "dice"). For the return yardage, I do not flip another card. I simply look to the next card in the stack on the right and obtain the yardage from the KR column.

1st down - I flip card to get the play call and defense (using the solitaire charts). Let's assume it is a run play. I flip a second card to identify the runner (red and white dice). I flip a third card to determine if there was a penalty. If no penalty, I flip a third card to obtain yardage of the run. If there is a penalty, I immediately look to the right and read the appropriate penalty result from the card on the top of the deck on the right.

2nd down - I flip a card to get the play call and defense. This time it is a pass play. I flip a second card to determine if there was a penalty. I flip a third card to determine whether the pass is complete. If complete, I flip a 4th card to identify the receiver. I then flip a fifth card to get the receiving yardage.

4th down - punt situation - I flip a card to determine penalty. I then immediately look to the right at the top card to get the punt yardage. I flip a second card and look to the left to identify the punt returner and immediately to the right to get the return yardage.

I hope this is helpful. It may be useful to get your FACs out and run through my examples. It will give you a visual to aid in understanding my descriptions, which may admittedly be a little deficient.

Chub9Offline
Post subject: Double side FAC cards  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2017 - 08:53 PM

Thanks Bill,

It was very helpful. Especially the suggestion to have the FAC cards near by and following along.

Walter

Jump to: