· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 146 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2017 Game Winning Drive College Football Available (Dec 13, 2017)
· 2017 Ultra Quick College Football Available (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 College Football Universe Available for Final Score (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale Extended 24 hours (Nov 25, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale at Downey Games (Nov 21, 2017)
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: UQW 1965-1980 CWA and GCW Year Book Released  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2017 - 08:11 PM
Site Admin

Downey Games is proud to announce the release of the 1965-1980 CWA/GCW Year Book for Ultra Quick Wrestling. As an added bonus, we have included a special set within this year book covering Southpaw Regional Wrestling!

The E-Book is available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_12_108&products_id=4117

The Printed Set is available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3_104&products_id=4118

Welcome to the World of Continental (Kingsport) and Gulf Coast Professional Wrestling. You are not only the owner of this Ultra Quick Set you are the Commissioner of both Federations. Your imagination along with this set will allow you many hours of enjoyment in a world that you will create. The set includes 147 wrestlers; 126 men & 21 women, 36 tag teams, 12 Manager Cards. 6 Interview Cards & 6 Specialty Matches. It is also an excellent set that compliments the S/E & Memphis sets.

As a Bonus we are including a set of the Southpaw Federation. There are 13 men, 1 woman and 4 tag teams in this special bonus set.

Also added in this set is an all new "Flow" system to better represent how a wrestler controls a match. And don't worry, there are instructions to add the "Flow" system to all previous Ultra Quick Wrestling sets.

The ratings are "normalized", so you can mix and match wrestlers from different promotions, and still have an "accurate" universe.

The match-ups are endless!

Reply with quote Back to top
rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2017 - 05:51 PM

I am not familiar with these organizations. Do they feature real or fictional wrestlers? If they are real would we recognize any of the names? Any more info about how the "flow" works? It is hard for me to picture when the game just provides an end result. Thanks,

FrankCOffline
Post subject: CWA/GSW  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2017 - 06:06 AM

Rickert, These are real wrestlers who competed in the East Tennessee and Gulf Coast areas. The area included some of the famous tag teams like The Dirty Dalton's, Minnesota Wrecking Crew in their early days, The Medics, The Masked Infernos, The Fargo's, The Von Bruner's, and so many more tags.

The singles include Ron Wright, Lester Welsh, Danny Hodge, Eddie Graham, Whitey Caldwell, Lars Anderson, Les Thatcher, Tommy Gilbert, and so many more........

The Flow is a measure of how a wrestler controls the Flow of the match. It is a Modifier like Size, Savvy or Tech. If you roll on Flow you get the points that are listed. You only roll once on Modifier so you will not always receive Flow points.

Frank

indianaiceOffline
Post subject: Re: CWA/GSW  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2017 - 04:11 PM

FrankC wrote:
The area included some of the famous tag teams like The Dirty Dalton's, Minnesota Wrecking Crew in their early days, The Medics, The Masked Infernos, The Fargo's, The Von Bruner's, and so many more tags.

The singles include Ron Wright, Lester Welsh, Danny Hodge, Eddie Graham, Whitey Caldwell, Lars Anderson, Les Thatcher, Tommy Gilbert, and so many more........

Exciting new that you have rated Ron and Whitey! I would rate them but I trust your ratings to be more real and believable as well as unbiased. What other wrestlers are included in the set? Thank you so kindly and look forward to some other areas such as Central States, Labelle Hollywood, and Portland when the time comes.

Edward R. Meek

indianaiceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2017 - 03:04 AM

Just purchased the set. Very pleased and happy what was done. Frank, you did a great job and yes, you really covered the Tennessee era and most wrestlers featured in the Kingsport History of Wrestling by Beau James were included. A few like Sam Steamboat was not included but he is in the 1973 Eastern set. He was the face of Kingsport wrestling for a few years when Welch-Gulus bought the territory from Mickey Baarnes. Ron Wright and Whitey Caldwell are included, Rocky Smith, Les Welch, Len Rossi, so many famous wrestlers that didn't get the ink that the bigger feds got. Outstanding.

I do have a suggestion Frank, since you have been doing the ratings and all, is there a chance that you can do an updated version of the 1973 Eastern set? I ask because a lot of the wrestlers in that set has ratings well over 2300. In the Memphis set, Jerry "The King" Lawler is one of the highest and yet he is only 2200 something. Just a thought.

Great set.

ED Very Happy

FrankCOffline
Post subject: CWA-GCW Set  PostPosted: Aug 27, 2017 - 09:25 AM

Indianaice, Thanks for the nice comments. This was my favorite set to produce. I have fond memories of watching Kingsport, Gulf Coast & Memphis on Tempo the TV network years ago. It was broadcast at 1 AM early Sunday morning. My wife would get irritated because I would get up to see the shows. I am not sure what happened to Tempo TV.

The 1973 Eastern set was produced by someone other than me and I wouldn't want to step on toes. I don't know about the rating from that set but I think if the Federation is played with that group of wrestlers it should be OK just as if wrestlers from the Memphis set are within its Federation.

Jerry Lawler was a wrestler who promoted Memphis Wrestling. He opened himself up to feud with quite a few wrestlers who were of good but not great talent. As a result guys like Dutch Mantel built a big name in the Memphis area riding the back of Jerry. Hulk Hogan, during the same time span, was set up against opponents who were not going to beat him unless it was a Count-Out. Looking at the listed records from Wresting Data; Jerry had 2577 matches and won 1770 while losing 807. During the same span Hogan had 1931 matches and won 1569 while losing 362. Keep in mind that many loses by both were Count-Outs and some DQ's. For some wrestlers it is difficult to rate them accurately because of DQ's. A good example is Hell's Angel's in the current set. Of every 10 loses they had 9 were probably by DQ. I need to think about how to add that into the game without complicating the method.

I have more ideas on other sets. Thanks for your imput.

Frank

Jump to: