· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 145 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2017 Game Winning Drive College Football Available (Dec 13, 2017)
· 2017 Ultra Quick College Football Available (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 College Football Universe Available for Final Score (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale Extended 24 hours (Nov 25, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale at Downey Games (Nov 21, 2017)
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject: CWA Wrestling  PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 12:05 AM

(April 1, 1985) - Memphis, TN...Jerry Jarrett Promotions is a proud promotion and has formed a merger with Jim Crockett Promotions, Mid-South Sports and Championship Wrestling from Georgia, which will take over Wrestling and battle rival, the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Now for my announcement, Superstar Productions has taken over the CWA and will be a great promotion, taken to new levels. We'll still be running the CWA towns and since JCP has bought CWG, we've signed a working agreement with both Jim Crockett Promotions and Mid-South Sports. More TBA at a later date.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 12:13 AM

(Monday, April 1, 1985 @ Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis, TN) (Debut Card under Superstar Productions)

-----------------------------

Rocky King pinned Pat Hutchinson with the DDT.

Tony Zane pinned Bill Mulkey with the Rolling Thunder Slam.

(CWA Mid-America Champion) Jimmy Valiant made Exotic Adrian Street submit to the New York Sleeper in a Non-Title Match.

Batten Twins (Brad & Bart) defeated PYT Express (Norvell Austin & Koko Ware) by disqualification when Austin nailed Brad with a boom box.

Dirty Dutch Mantel defeated Eddie Gilbert by disqualification when Gilbert nailed Mantel with a pair of brass knuckles.

Tommy Rich defeated Hustler Rip Rogers (w/Brenda Britton) by disqualification when Britton threw soda in Rich's face.

(CWA Southern Tag Team Champions) Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn & Stan Lane) defeated Jake Roberts and Leaping Lanny Poffo by disqualification when Poffo nailed Keirn with a chair in a Non-Title Match.

Last edited by Jim Carlin on Jul 29, 2017 - 12:16 AM; edited 2 times in total

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 12:15 AM

(Tuesday, April 2, 1985 @ Louisville Gardens in Louisville, KY)

-------------------------------

PYT Express defeated Brad Armstrong and Tim Horner when Koko Ware pinned Armstrong when Ware clocked Armstrong with a boombox.

Bart Batten defeated Nightmare I by disqualification when Nightmare I nailed Batten with a headbutt with a loaded mask.

Nightmare II pinned Brad Batten with the Diving Missile.

(CWA Southern Tag Team Champions) Fabulous Ones defeated Exotic Adrian Street and Hustler Rip Rogers (w/Brenda Britton) by disqualification when Street nailed Stan Lane with a spray can in a Non-Title Match.

Leaping Lanny Poffo pinned Jerry Lawler with the Somersault Drop.

Tommy Rich defeated Eddie Gilbert by disqualification when Gilbert nailed Rich with a chair.

Jake Roberts pinned Dirty Dutch Mantel when Roberts delivered a DDT on a chair on Mantel.

Last edited by Jim Carlin on Jul 29, 2017 - 12:20 AM; edited 1 time in total

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 12:19 AM

(Thursday, April 4, 1985 @ Rupp Arena in Lexington, KY)

------------------------------

Tim Horner made Jake Roberts submit to the Reverse Prawn Hold.

Brad Armstrong pinned Exotic Adrian Street with a rollup after Tim Horner slammed Street on the floor.

Hustler Rip Rogers (w/Brenda Britton) defeated Tommy Rich by disqualification when Rich nailed Rogers with a spray can.

Batten Twins defeated PYT Express by disqualification when Norvell Austin nailed Brad Batten with a boombox.

(CWA Mid-America Champion) Jimmy Valiant defeated Tony Anthony by disqualification when Anthony nailed Valiant with a chair in a Non-Title Match.

Scott McGhee pinned The Dream Machine with the Flying Dropkick.

(CWA Southern Tag Team Champions) Fabulous Ones vs Eddie Gilbert and Leaping Lanny Poffo ended in a No Contest in a Non-Title Match...(CWA Commissioner) Superstar Jimi C. announces a Losers Leave CWA match, with the CWA Southern Tag Team Titles on the line, take place, which leads to the next match...

(CWA Southern Tag Team Championship = Losers Leave CWA Match)
Eddie Gilbert and Leaping Lanny Poffo defeated Fabulous Ones when Gilbert pinned Stan Lane, after Gilbert Ko'ed Lane after Gilbert rammed Lane into the loaded turnbuckle to win the titles. As a result, Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn & Stan Lane) must leave the CWA for 1 year. Fabulous Ones will return on April 4, 1986.

Dirty Dutch Mantel defeated Phil Hickerson by disqualification when Hickerson nailed Mantel in the face with the sledgehammer. Dirty Dutch Mantel has a facial injury and will be out for 1 month. Dirty Dutch Mantel will return on 5/4/85.

Last edited by Jim Carlin on Jul 29, 2017 - 12:42 AM; edited 2 times in total

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 12:23 AM

(Saturday, April 6, 1985 @ WMC TV-5 Studios in Memphis, TN) (AM card) (TV debut under Superstar Productions)

---------------------------------

Hustler Rip Rogers (w/Brenda Britton) pinned Ric McCord with the Bridging German Suplex.

(CWA Mid-America Champion) Jimmy Valiant made Pat Hutchinson submit to the New York Sleeper in a Non-Title Match.

(CWA Southern Tag Team Champions) Eddie Gilbert and Leaping Lanny Poffo defeated Mulkey Brothers (Bill & Randy) when Poffo pinned Bill with a handful of tights in a Non-Title Match.

Jerry Lawler pinned Bill Smithson with the Piledriver.

Exotic Adrian Street pinned Rocky King with the London Bridge.

(No Disqualification Match)
PYT Express defeated Batten Twins when Koko Ware pinned Brad Batten when Ware nailed Brad with a pair of brass knuckles.

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 12:24 AM

(Saturday, April 6, 1985 @ Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, TN) (PM card)

------------------------------

The Angel pinned Sexy Ron Sexton with the Brain Claw.

Brad Armstrong pinned Bill Smithson with the Russian Legsweep.

Jerry Lawler pinned Pat Hutchinson with the Crown Drop.

Exotic Adrian Street pinned Tim Horner when Street nailed Horner with a chair.

Sawyer Brothers (Brett Wayne & Maddog Buzz) defeated (CWA Southern Tag Team Champions) Eddie Gilbert and Leaping Lanny Poffo when Brett Wayne pinned Gilbert with the Diving Cross Body in a Non-Title Match.

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 12:26 AM

So what do you, the fans think of my CWA promotion so far? That was CWA's first week of wrestling under Superstar Productions. Let me know what you think and what I can change or what wrestlers I should bring in. Let me know. Thank You.

FrankCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 06:23 AM

JIm, I like the CWA that you have created. It is a nice combination of Big Time Menphis, Grass Roots and some Southeastern. I think you will find that many will read your posts but few will comment. Please keep sharing and most of all please keep playing the game. I wonder if Andy Kaufman is going to make a showing. He usually shows up in Memphis with Tooth Paste and Toilet Paper to teach the fans how to use the producds.

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 10:59 AM

Thank you Frank C. I will, I'm in 1985, at this point, Andy Kaufman died two years earlier, so probably not. Unless, Andy pulls one of his fake death pranks like he did in his comedy act. I like that area of wrestling. But it's about to get interesting with new towns like Wheeling, WV, Canton, OH, Toledo, OH, Troy, OH, even in a couple of weeks (the second hometown of Jerry Lawler) Cleveland, OH. I'm also in negotiations to bring CWA Wrestling to (the hometown of Jackie Fargo) Concord, NC. I love that area of wrestling. My grandparents were born in Kentucky. While I have you here Frank C. I have an idea for another wrestling set for Memphis Wrestling. This set would feature wrestlers that didn't make the Memphis set the first time, plus have the USWA (both Memphis & Dallas) in the set too. Make the cards like the CWA set. The set would cover 1983 to 1994. What do you think of that?

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 08:37 PM

(Monday, April 8, 1985 @ Canton Memorial Civic Center in Canton, OH)

-----------------------------
(CWA International Championship Tournament)

(First Round)
Jake Roberts pinned Jerry Lawler after Roberts DDT'd Lawler on a chair.

Exotic Adrian Street pinned Brad Armstrong after Street nailed Armstrong with a spray can.

Hustler Rip Rogers (w/Brenda Britton) pinned Tim Horner with the Bridging German Suplex.

Tommy Rich defeated Phil Hickerson by disqualification when Hickerson threw Rich over the top rope.

(Semifinals)
Jake Roberts defeated Exotic Adrian Street by disqualification when Street nailed Roberts with a spray can.

Hustler Rip Rogers (w/Brenda Britton) pinned Tommy Rich with the Bridging German Suplex.

(Finals for the Vacant CWA International Championship)
Jake Roberts pinned Hustler Rip Rogers (w/Brenda Britton) with the DDT to win the title.

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 10:37 PM

(Tuesday, April 9, 1985 @ Louisville Gardens in Louisville, KY)

--------------------------------

Brad Batten pinned Sexy Ron Sexton with the Top Rope Press.

(CWA International Champion) Jake Roberts pinned Bart Batten with the DDT in a Non-Title Match.

Exotic Adrian Street made (CWA Mid-America Champion) Jimmy Valiant submit to the UK Deathlock in a Non-Title Match.

Tommy Rich pinned Tony Anthony with the Thesz Press.

Sawyer Brothers defeated PYT Express when Maddog Buzz Pinned Norvell Austin with a rollup after The Angel KO'd Austin.

(CWA Southern Champion) Randy Savage pinned Chief Thundercloud with the Diving Elbow Drop in a Non-Title Match.

(CWA Southern Tag Team Champions) Eddie Gilbert and Leaping Lanny Poffo defeated Brad Armstrong and Tim Horner when Poffo pinned Horner after Poffo nailed Horner with a pair of brass knuckles in a Non-Title Match.

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2017 - 10:58 PM

(Thursday, April 11, 1985 @ Wheeling Civic Center in Wheeling, WV)

-----------------------------------

(CWA Southern Tag Team Champion) Eddie Gilbert pinned Brad Armstrong with the Hot Shot.

(CWA Mid-America Championship)
Jimmy Valiant made Tony Anthony submit to the New York Sleeper to retain the title.

Batten Twins defeated The Nightmares (1 & 2) when Brad pinned Nightmare II after Bart slammed Nightmare II through the announcer's table. As a result, Nightmare II will be out for 3 weeks with a back injury. Nightmare II returns on 5/9/17.

(CWA Southern Tag Team Champion) Leaping Lanny Poffo pinned Tim Horner by using his feet on the ropes for leverage.

(6-man Tag Team Match)
Exotic Adrian Street and PYT Express defeated The Angel and Sawyer Brothers when Norvell Austin pinned Brett Wayne when Austin nailed Brett Wayne with a boom box.

Tommy Rich pinned Hustler Rip Rogers (w/Brenda Britton) with the Thesz Press.

(CWA Southern Championship)
Jerry Lawler pinned Randy Savage with the Piledriver to win the title for the forty-first time.

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 30, 2017 - 03:28 AM

(Saturday, April 13, 1985 @ WMC TV-5 Studios in Memphis, TN) (AM card)

------------------------------------

Sawyer Brothers defeated Sexy Ron Sexton and Joey Cagle when Brett Wayne pinned Sexton with the Diving Cross Body.

Scott McGhee defeated Hollywood Hippie by disqualification when Hustler Rip Rogers attacks and injures McGhee's right knee with a chair. As a result, Scott McGhee will be out for 6 weeks. Scott McGhee returns on June 1, 1985.

(CWA International Champion) Jake Roberts pinned Randy Mulkey with the DDT in a Non-Title Match. Before the match, Roberts introduces Playboy Gary Hart as his new manager.

PYT Express defeated Rocky King and Ric McCord when Koko Ware pinned McCord with the Running Splash.

(CWA Southern Champion) Jerry Lawler pinned Tony Zane with the Crown Drop in a Non-Title Match.

Bart Batten pinned Nightmare I when Jake Roberts, Maniac Mark Lewin, Phil Hickerson and Brad Batten come out and pummel Nightmare I. As a result, J-Tex Corporation, with Playboy Gary Hart has been formed. As a result, Batten Twins have turned heel and Nightmare I has turned babyface.

Last edited by Jim Carlin on Jul 30, 2017 - 09:53 AM; edited 1 time in total

Jim CarlinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 30, 2017 - 03:41 AM

(Saturday, April 13, 1985 @ Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, TN) (PM card)

------------------------------------

Brad Batten (w/Playboy Gary Hart) pinned Rocky King by using a handful of tights.

Bart Batten (w/Playboy Gary Hart) pinned David Oswald with the Top Rope Forearm.

Nightmare I pinned Hollywood Hippie with the Flying Body Press.

Randy Savage pinned Steve Armstrong with the Diving Elbow Drop.

Tommy Rich pinned Hustler Rip Rogers (w/Brenda Britton) with the Sitout Suplex Slam.

(Lumberjack Match)
(CWA Southern Tag Team Champions) Eddie Gilbert and Leaping Lanny Poffo defeated Brad Armstrong and Tim Horner when Gilbert pinned Armstrong after Gilbert nailed Armstrong with a pair of brass knuckles in a Non-Title Match.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: CWA  PostPosted: Jul 31, 2017 - 09:09 AM

Quote:
Jim Carlin wrote; I have an idea for another wrestling set for Memphis Wrestling. This set would feature wrestlers that didn't make the Memphis set the first time, plus have the USWA (both Memphis & Dallas) in the set too. Make the cards like the CWA set. The set would cover 1983 to 1994. What do you think of that?
[/quote]

You bring up an interesting topic. The grass roots wrestling from East Tennessee-Alabama was fabulous but is diificult to reseach. Kingsport was a base for Continental Wrestling and it often included wrestlers from the Gulf Coast. Looking at the wrestlers from a mere 5 year span has some grapplers with up to 8 identities. In fact the ring annoucers and referees would often put on a mask and compete. Several baby faces became vicious heels under the mask because no one knew who they were. Note - Tatoos were not as common.

The Memphis set that includes ICW is mainly from the early 1980's although most wrestlers who competed stuck around for several years so your 1985 setting is well within that range. I am currently reseaching for a set that would certainly compliment your Federation.

Keep rolling the dice and writing the reports. By the way I actually attended a show put on by ICW. It was "Grass Roots" at its best. Rick Rood was Rood back then. The Zamboui Express, Tommy Rogers, Randy Savage, Hustler Rogers with Brena, Terry Gibbs and Hoot Gibson all competed. I paid $3.00 for the ticket.

Frank

Jump to: