Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 85 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 Game Winning Drive College Football Available (Dec 10, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick College Football Available (Dec 09, 2018)
· 2018 College Available for Downey's FS Football (Dec 09, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 26, 2018)
· Thanksgiving Sale 2018 at Downey Games (Nov 16, 2018)
· UQ Baseball 2018 MLB Season Released (Nov 12, 2018)
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject: HM Golf Bob Hansen Skins Game Invitational  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2017 - 04:01 AM

Hidy, all! I am conducting a series of five Skins Game events with the new History Maker Golf from PLAAY.com. Al Wilson did a similar five event series with the same sixteen golfers which was inspired by an idea suggested by Bob Hansen; that's why I named this series after him, giving credit where credit is due.
Basically, each of the sixteen golfers will participate in one of the first four events, and then the winners of the first four events will compete in the fifth one. Although I am using the same sixteen golfers Bob used from the All-Time Great Golfers set, I decided to seed these golfers based on the Tournament Rating from the game, and then have golfers #'s 1, 8, 9, and 16 in the first event, #'s 2, 7, 10, and 15 in the second event, and so on.
For the first event, it will be #1 seed Jack Nicklaus, #8 Greg Norman, #9 Fred Couples, and #16 John Daly. Naturally, I'll be rooting for University of Houston alumnus Couples.

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

Last edited by HoustonRules on Mar 09, 2017 - 09:19 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2017 - 04:06 AM

Quick update: I'm six holes into the first event, and Jack Nicklaus has dominated so far, winning five skins for $125,000. Greg Norman got the other skin for $25,000. But the money doubles for the next six holes, so everyone's still in it.
The game is as exciting and as much fun as I expected. I'm really enjoying it, and it really does a great job re-creating the golfers' abilities as well as re-creating the course's attributes and layout. Like all the rest of Keith Avallone's games, it is superior at simulating the "feel" of the event.

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2017 - 09:29 AM

Fred Couples did indeed win the first event, even though the only hole he won was the par-4 sixteenth, but it was for five skins and $330,000, as the previous four holes had been halved.
The eighteenth hole was almost anticlimactic, as the only golfer with a chance of catching Couples was Greg Norman, and once Nicklaus got a birdie and Norman could only muster a par, that clinched it for Couples.
Nicklaus and John Daly both birdied the eighteenth, and it took SIX playoff holes before Nicklaus finally won the $200,000 superskin.

Final results:

Fred Couples--five skins for $330,000
Jack Nicklaus--six skins for $325,000
Greg Norman--six skins for $295,000
John Daly--one skin for $50,000

Next four golfers up: #2 seed Tom Watson, #7 Phil Mickelson, #10 Payne Stewart, and #15 Colin Montgomerie.

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

rickertOffline
Post subject: like HMG too  PostPosted: Mar 09, 2017 - 09:36 PM

I am pleased to read your reports. I like HMG very much. But even though I think the tournament idea is a good way to get a simulated PGA tournament run in a "reasonable" amount of time, I like the format you are using or match play.

HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject: RE: like HMG too  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2017 - 03:06 AM

Thanks, Rick. I'm actually doing some sample tournaments also, to get my feet wet for the game. Keith has designed another winner here.
Are you going to have a review of the game available somewhere other than just in the Herald Bulletin? I always enjoy your game reviews, but the Herald Bulletin will only allow so many looks at pages online. Thanks in advance, Rick.

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2017 - 05:08 AM

Payne Stewart won this one fairly easily, clinching it after the fifteenth hole with his tenth skin and a total of $535,000. Tom Watson won the last two skins (including a playoff) for $270,000. Phil Mickelson had the other six skins for $195,000. Colin Montgomerie--thanks for playing.

Next four golfers up: #3 seed Tiger Woods, #6 Lee Trevino, #11 Curtis Strange, and #14 Tom Lehman.

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

Jump to: