Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 196 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
· POTG Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Matt FortinOffline
Post subject: Ultra Quick Wrestling Feedback  PostPosted: Jan 08, 2017 - 04:16 PM

Here is my feedback on Ultra Quick Wrestling

I love :

-Quickness (Can play a full card in one sitting)
-Easy to play
-Large number of wrestlers/managers (91 suplemental)
-Match modifiers
-Manager impact
-Realistic results
-Difference between faces/heels
-Info on card easy to understand

I would suggest adding :

-Impact of results. For example, in one of my cards, the main event was cancelled after one wrestler was attacked during pre-match. I was always curious to know how would the fans have reacted? Maybe add a rating to venues based on results and when you come back next time, the attendance is impacted. I understand this is due to the fact that pro wrestling is able to make sure those kind of events do not happen, while the randomness of dice roll may let it happen.

-Royal Rumble guidelines :

I know the battle royal has been covered, but I would like to eventually have a Royal Rumble. How could we have a realistic timeline between entrances and eliminations? I tought of maybe having matches between 1-2 and then winner takes on 3, and so on until the 30 contestants have entered. However, I was wondering if there was more realistic ideas...

My opinion on the game :

This game is perfect for wrestling fans, or even board game fans who want to simulate matches without a lot of wrestling knowledge. I must say I witnessed the 1991 year in wrestling, yet I am sure I would have been able to catch on with the instructions if I had not watched those wrestlers back then. Therefore, I could see parents buying the game for nostalgia and then teaching their kids how to play. Results are so realistic as the rating of each wrestlers + modifiers is calculated so you have a dice roll based on the difference of rating between opponents. Since there is always a possibility that the lowest ranked wrestler win, you still have excitement in every match as like in reality, everything can happen in wrestling.

Reply with quote Back to top
FrankCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 09, 2017 - 11:09 AM

Excellent feedback.

As for theMain Event being cancelled; it really doesn't make sense. I would suggest you change the result to read; Wrestler with the highest Brawl Points is awarded those points as a result of a skirmish before the match.

If any of the results on the pre-match chart are questionable just change them to suit your game. For example I aways use easier numbers to calculate; 50, 100, etc.

Frank

Matt FortinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 09, 2017 - 01:43 PM

Great idea, Frank, I will remember it.

Altough I didnt tought of that for the cancellation of the main event, I already "modified" the chart when something major happened in a house show, as I want to keep my major events for tv. Therefore, if a turn is set to happen, I roll the dices again to see what will be the next event, and I go with it. I want to be like the old WWF where if it didnt happen on tv, it didnt happen...

Jump to: