Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 214 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
· POTG Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Hockey 2018 NHL Available (Apr 11, 2018)
· Final Score Hockey 2017-18 Universe Released (Apr 11, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Easter Sale Begins (Mar 26, 2018)
· RLB 2018 NCAA Tournament Year Book Available (Mar 14, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Matt FortinOffline
22 Post subject: Ultra Quick Wrestling Questions  PostPosted: Dec 27, 2016 - 01:30 PM

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I had a few questions about Ultra Quick Wrestling 91 before starting up my Federations. Its not a big deal if nobody has answers, I will find solutions any way.

1. I need to decide what to do with the 10 side dice. Right now I have found an online dice simulator which is what I am aiming for because that would be the most random of them all. I could also use a template to do my own dice but I am afraid if it is manually done it will not be exactly equal on each side and could affect the randomness. The other option is to use one of the many random number sheets I got with the game but I wonder if by following those, no matter what side I start and which direction I go, if it will repeat sequences eventually or make some options less likely to happen...

2. Right now, I am looking to follow the real schedule of back them based on what I find on the internet for both WWF and WCW. However, I wonder if it would be easier to do a basic schedule, and if so, what do you guys do. For example, how many house shows a week? I plan on having one tv taping per week no matter what where most of the match are jobbers vs stars.

3. Speaking of jobbers, I recognized many jobbers from WWF on the set. I was wondering if I should use the same jobbers for WCW or if not find other low rated guys nd use them as WCW jobbers or if not simply scratch jobbers in WCW.

4. As for heat ratings, should we have separate rankings for singles and tag teams. As for example, if a wrestler needs to be attacked by someone on the heat ratings, I wonder what sense it would make to have a tag team attacked by a single wrestler or vice versa as back the singles and tag teams would rarely feud together.

5. I am guessing face/heel turns will happen by themselves in the game, am I correct?

6. Should I keep advanced rules out of the jobbers vs stars match?

7. I understand battle royals are a combination of mini-battles. How about the Royal Rumble? Does anyone have ideas as to follow a realistic sequence and to know after how many entries we should elimimate someone?

8. Anyone has a list of specialty matches that can be used?

9. I have created a list of all the venues WWF went to in 91 and am working on the same for WCW. If anyone wants it, let me know and I will send it to you.

10. To anyone reading this wondering if you should order from Downey Games... They have the best custumer service anyone can hope for. I had read before that they were good at it, but I didnt realized how true that was until I ordered some products. If you value custumer service, then I recommend you give Downey Games a try!

Looking forward to talk with you,

Matt

Reply with quote Back to top
GVOffline
Post subject: RE: Ultra Quick Wrestling Questions  PostPosted: Dec 28, 2016 - 03:57 PM

Hi Matt !

I use the Excel formula "=INT(RAND()*10)" and my F9 key for my 10-sided dice rolls.

Although my UQ federations pertain to certain eras and territories, I don't follow or replay any particular schedule. I make up my own cards and venues.

I separate my jobbers by the territories in which they wrestled. Steve Lombardi, for example, would only be in my WWF.

Personally, I don't use the heat ratings so I can't chime in on that.

Face/Heel turns occur as a result of a roll on the Unusual Result Chart.

Specialty matches include Steel Cage, Lumberjack, Texas Death, Falls Count Anywhere, Rope/Chain/Strap/Dog Collar, Boot Camp, Ladder, Hardcore, Scaffold, Brass Knucks, Barbed Wire and Casket.

I hope that you enjoy UQ Wrestling and I look forward to reading your results !

George

Matt FortinOffline
Post subject: RE: Ultra Quick Wrestling Questions  PostPosted: Dec 28, 2016 - 05:17 PM

Thanks George for answering my questions.

Good idea not to use heat ratings, I think I will skip that too and just choose anyone when they ask for someone with a heat number.

Matt

Derek KraftOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Ultra Quick Wrestling Questions  PostPosted: Dec 28, 2016 - 05:22 PM

Matt Fortin wrote:
Thanks George for answering my questions.

Good idea not to use heat ratings, I think I will skip that too and just choose anyone when they ask for someone with a heat number.

Matt

I play TV Pro 1 but it sounds like the Heat aspect is similar. What I like to do is, say Rick Martel is attacked and Hulk Hogan makes the save. The next time Hulk Hogan needs an ally, I roll the 20 sided die and make Martel 1-10 and everyone else 11-20. If I roll 11-20 then I roll again and use the heat ratings. I try to keep some continuity with who is helping whom.

Matt FortinOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Ultra Quick Wrestling Questions  PostPosted: Dec 28, 2016 - 06:34 PM

Good idea Derek, thanks for sharing. I havent played TV Pro 1 but I have TV Pro 2 and will look at that when I start playing. Will also consider this for Ultra Quick.

Jump to: