· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 180 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale at Downey Games (Nov 21, 2017)
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Year Book released for HardBall Wars (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 PGA Tour Released for POTG Golf (Sep 27, 2017)
· Ultra Quick Wrestling 1960's Eastern Territory Available (Sep 22, 2017)
· Solheim Cup Year Books Released for POTG Golf (Aug 22, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FrankCOffline
Post subject: 1950's NFL  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2016 - 11:11 AM

The season went as expected with a few slight differences. The Chicago Bears took the National Division where in real lifeit was the Los Angeles Rams. Cleveland took the American although the NY Giants put on a rush after a slow start. Cleveland's defense was too much for the Bears in the title game.

1950 NFL American by Frank Coutinho, on Flickr

1950 NFL National by Frank Coutinho, on Flickr

Reply with quote Back to top
FrankCOffline
Post subject: 1951 NFL  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2016 - 08:41 AM

I could have chose a different year in the 50's or maybe jumped to a different decade but I wanted to reply another year of the earler TV and the 1st year we had a TV. The Browns dominated as they did in 1950 although the NY Giants tied for the American Division. The Brown won the playoff, 22-10, against the Giants and the Championship against the Lions, 13-7. The Lions took the National Division but had to win their final game against San Francisco. It wasn't easy. The Lions were underdogs playing in San Francisco but pulled out a 12-7 win.

The Rams who were favored to win the National Division had too many holes in their defense. The Packers who would go on to glory in the 60's left their fans wondering if they could ever have a winning season again. This was the final year for the New York Yanks. The NFL would still be trying to settle with solid teams. Baltimore would eventually get a team a few years later after missing this year. The new Colts that would come along had no connection to the Colts who played in 1950. In fact the Colts of 1950 wore Green and White Uniforms and had a different logo rather than the Horse Shoe.

1951 NFL American by Frank Coutinho, on Flickr

1951 NFL National by Frank Coutinho, on Flickr

FrankCOffline
Post subject: 1957 NFL  PostPosted: Aug 20, 2016 - 09:02 AM

1957 was probably not one of the great NFL seasons but it was a tossup in both divisions and a defensive nightmare for the NFL West teams. 1957 was also important to me because I saw several 49’er games in Kezar Stadium in San Francisco. I was in the Navy and would get free tickets from Special Services. It was odd back then that very few servicemen wanted to see the games but it was lucky for me. NFL football had a limited audience unlike today.

My replay went as expected in the East with the Cleveland Browns winning a playoff against the Pittsburgh Steelers to take the Division Title. The West was another story. The Chicago Bears, 5-7 in actual standing, were able to manage an 8-3-1 record in the replay. It was the defense that won it for the Bears. They gave up only 171 points. The closest to them in the division was Baltimore who gave up 246. San Francisco who tied for 1st in actual with an 8-4 record finished at 7-3-2 while Detroit who tied with the 49’ers in actual could only manage a 4-7-1 record.

1957 NFL East by Frank Coutinho, on Flickr
1957 NFL West by Frank Coutinho, on Flickr

FrankCOffline
Post subject: 1958 NFL  PostPosted: Aug 31, 2016 - 06:45 AM

1958 Season

The 1958 season went as expected and even ended with an OT title game. The Colts won the title 30-27 against the Cleveland Browns who had earlier won the NFL East against the New York Giants 20-17.

1958 was the beginning of Jim (called Jimmy then) Brown’s great career. Many still consider him the greatest running back ever. With split T formations and 3 running backs on each team back then, the argument for Brown may be solid.

I have to mention the New York Giants who lost to the Browns in a playoff for the East title 20-17. Even at my age I wanted to sling the dice against the wall when the Giants blew the East title game. They were playing at Yankee Stadium and had a 10 point advantage to begin yet found a way to lose. It may be frustrating but it is also the beauty of this game.

Anyone who is looking to re-create football and not get bogged down with a game then UQ is for you. The schedule comes with each season of the particular era. I mark the games in a notebook, add the ranking and I am ready to go. I can sit at the TV with a movie playing and complete the entire season. Usually I go a bit slower and complete the season in 2 sittings.

One last note; I used an altered Main Chart. I previously used the 2007 Chart but found the points for and against to be a bit low. The altered chart allows for less negative points yet is balanced the same as the 2007 Chart. If you look at the points you will see that they are close to real life.

Frank

1958 NFL East by Frank Coutinho, on Flickr

1958 NFL West by Frank Coutinho, on Flickr

Jump to: