· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 185 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
· POTG Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Hockey 2018 NHL Available (Apr 11, 2018)
· Final Score Hockey 2017-18 Universe Released (Apr 11, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Easter Sale Begins (Mar 26, 2018)
· RLB 2018 NCAA Tournament Year Book Available (Mar 14, 2018)
· Player of the Game 2018 NCAA Year Book Available (Mar 12, 2018)
· 2018 NCAA Available for UQ College Basketball (Mar 12, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: 2016 NXT Available for TV Pro Wrestling  PostPosted: Jul 21, 2016 - 05:31 PM
Site Admin

Downey Games is proud to announce the release of the 2016 Wednesday Night Year Books for TV Pro Wrestling and TV Pro Wrestling 2.

The E-Book for TV Pro 1 is available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_12_107&products_id=3815

The E-Book for TV Pro 2 is available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_12_138&products_id=3816

The Printed Year Book for TV Pro 1 is available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3_106&products_id=3813

The Printed YEar Book for TV Pro 2 is available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3_137&products_id=3814

Included in the Year Book are:

Singles Wrestlers
-----------------
Samoa Joe
Finn Bálor
Baron Corbin
Apollo Crews
Austin Aries
Rhyno
Elias Samson
Hideo Itami
Johnny Gargano
Mojo Rawley
No Way Jose
Bobby Roode
Eric Young
Shinsuke Nakamura
Tommaso Ciampa
Tye Dillinger
Andrade “Cien” Almas
Angelo Dawkins
Sawyer Fulton
Aliyah
Carmella
Alexa Bliss
Asuka
Bayley
Nia Jax
Billie Kay
Dana Brooke
Liv Morgan
Peyton Royce

Tag Teams
=========
The Vaudevillians
American Alpha
The Revival
Enzo and Cass

Referees
=========

Shawn Bennett
Eddie Orengo
Drake Wuertz
Danilo Anfibio

Reply with quote Back to top
Derek KraftOffline
Post subject: Monday Night 2016  PostPosted: Jul 22, 2016 - 01:18 PM

I love this game so much, but I have to say that regarding the Monday Night 2016 set, I don't get the ratings. I assume the wrestlers are based on their 2015 selves (or even their 2016 selves for half a year). Almost every wrestler is a 0 control and 0 savvy. Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose all went from + 1 control the previous year to 0. Rollins has a very good pin/sub rating (3/2) but his pin modifier is + 2, so once he gets tired, he really gets tired. His card isn't any better than other guys, and he was the champ most of 2015 and I believe is regarded as a very good if not excellent wrestler. The points and modifiers for everyone's finishing moves are basically the same (3 or 2 END pts, and +2 or + 3 modifiers). I guess I don't understand why the big 3 had their control reduced and why Rollins (and some others) aren't significantly better than the others in the set.

For example, both Rollins and Jack Swagger, a clearly inferior wrestler, are 0 control and 9 END. Swagger is a 6/5 pin/sub. But he is just a +1 tired modifier. So if the match gets to where each is at -10 END, Swagger's pin rating would be -9 (starts at -6, -7 at 0, -8 at -5 and -9 at -10), as would Rollins' (start at -3, -5 at 0, -7 at -5, and -9 at -10).

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: Monday Night 2016  PostPosted: Jul 22, 2016 - 03:58 PM
Site Admin

Derek Kraft wrote:
I love this game so much, but I have to say that regarding the Monday Night 2016 set, I don't get the ratings. I assume the wrestlers are based on their 2015 selves (or even their 2016 selves for half a year). Almost every wrestler is a 0 control and 0 savvy. Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose all went from + 1 control the previous year to 0. Rollins has a very good pin/sub rating (3/2) but his pin modifier is + 2, so once he gets tired, he really gets tired. His card isn't any better than other guys, and he was the champ most of 2015 and I believe is regarded as a very good if not excellent wrestler. The points and modifiers for everyone's finishing moves are basically the same (3 or 2 END pts, and +2 or + 3 modifiers). I guess I don't understand why the big 3 had their control reduced and why Rollins (and some others) aren't significantly better than the others in the set.

For example, both Rollins and Jack Swagger, a clearly inferior wrestler, are 0 control and 9 END. Swagger is a 6/5 pin/sub. But he is just a +1 tired modifier. So if the match gets to where each is at -10 END, Swagger's pin rating would be -9 (starts at -6, -7 at 0, -8 at -5 and -9 at -10), as would Rollins' (start at -3, -5 at 0, -7 at -5, and -9 at -10).

I understand your points. And there are two things at play here. One is perception vs. actual data. The other is that we also have to keep the cards "in-line" with all of the other sets.

The second statement means that if Rollins, from your example, has perform as expected, when placed within say, any of the all-time greats. If his numbers are too over powering, he will be too powerful against some of the greats we have rated.

But, the main issue you have here is with perception vs. actual data. Which is squarely on WWE's current booking practices. I'm going to guess that you would be surprised if I told you that Seth Rollins had only 3 clean wins in all of 2015 and 2016. I am also going to guess that you'd be surprised to know that his overall record in 2015 and 2016 was 60 wins (57 of which were with assistance) 141 losses and 4 draws.

Jack Swagger, again, from your example was 107-94-0.

Now, we know that in the hierarchy, Rollins is a top of the card wrestler, and Swagger is a mid-card guy, at best. So, there are adjustments in the ratings to reflect that.

I understand at a first glance, this would appear to be out of whack. However, if you use the game cards, as the wrestler's are booked, meaning that Rollins is going to have either The Authority or J&J Security at ringside, you'll find that he will perform as expected. The ringside help is going to bail him out in the vast majority of the matches he is in. As the champ, he's going to keep the strap through dirty wins, or DQ's.

Swagger, on the other hand, with his pin rating, is not going to be a contender for the title the vast majority of the time.

WWE's booking has been somewhat erratic from mid 2015 to present, when compared to as recent as 2014 to mid 2015. I can also say that NXT's booking has been much more "conventional" as well.

One thing, that we will probably look at in the future with the yearly sets is doing what we did with the NXT set. With the NXT set, some wrestlers have ratings for competition within NXT and ratings that are not as good for competition outside of the NXT context. We haven't really had to do that in the past, but it may come to that in future sets, if the booking stays the same. At least with TV Pro 1 ratings. There are some additional flexibility inherent with the TV Pro 2 engine.

The bottom line is that there is a LOT of thought and data that goes into every set we produce. It isn't a situation where we are just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Derek KraftOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2016 - 04:54 PM

WOW! I am shocked by those numbers for Rollins. I started paying attention to wrestling against because of this game in the fall of 2015. I didn't start watching religiously until more recently. I will take your word for it. Thanks for the great answer and game!!!

FrankCOffline
Post subject: Seth Rollins  PostPosted: Jul 23, 2016 - 08:00 AM

Rollins injured his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) in November of 2015. As a result he missed 6 or 7 months of action. It is difficult to rate him against other who competed for 12 months. I am not sure about TV Pro Wrestling but in UQ, I lower the Overall numbers to reflect time missed.

Derek KraftOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 03, 2016 - 11:20 AM

Seth got a clean win on the 8/1 Raw against Sami Zayn, hooray!

FrankCOffline
Post subject: Rollins  PostPosted: Aug 03, 2016 - 12:33 PM

The match with Sammy Zayn was a setup for Seth's title match with Finn Balor. Zayn looked very good in the match. It was too bad that the announcer said that Sammy was not prepared to face Rollins. Rollins is getting a God like push on Raw and that's OK but it shouldn't be at someone else's expense especially if the performer has done well.

Derek KraftOffline
Post subject: Re: Rollins  PostPosted: Aug 03, 2016 - 01:41 PM

FrankC wrote:
The match with Sammy Zayn was a setup for Seth's title match with Finn Balor. Zayn looked very good in the match. It was too bad that the announcer said that Sammy was not prepared to face Rollins. Rollins is getting a God like push on Raw and that's OK but it shouldn't be at someone else's expense especially if the performer has done well.

Just for that, Frank, I am going to reduce Sami's control rating by 1 when I start playing the 2016 set Smile

All kidding aside, I like Zayn. I like his entrance, I LOVE his "the underdog from the underground" gimmick, and I think he, like Ambrose, is a hard worker in the ring. But he just won his feud with Owens, which I think was a pretty big surprise. Rollins is ranked (yeah, take it with a grain of salt) as one of the best wrestlers in the world. Yet, like it says above, he hardly ever wins clean, and his overall win pct in recent yrs is WAY under .500. He needs to win, and win clean, consistently, with an occasional loss and of course some cheating here and there (he is after all a heel). But someone like Zayn, who to me is a very good mid-carder with an occasional main event appearance, shouldn't beat Rollins.

And finally, as you hinted at, Zayn looked very good against him. He had a couple near falls. This loss didn't hurt Zayn.

Now if you say you want Reigns to take down Rusev... Razz

FrankCOffline
Post subject: Seth Rollins  PostPosted: Aug 03, 2016 - 04:58 PM

Seth is now gaining the status that he should have had before his injury. In PWI's top 500,December 2015, Seth was ranked #1. He had a bit of a sidetrack but seems to have picked up where he left off.

Sami Zayn was ranked #23 and Finn Balor #28 so we are really cutting edges when we try to rank them. It shows that some very good wrestlers are seen on Monday Night Raw.

Jump to: