· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 173 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Year Book released for HardBall Wars (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 PGA Tour Released for POTG Golf (Sep 27, 2017)
· Ultra Quick Wrestling 1960's Eastern Territory Available (Sep 22, 2017)
· Solheim Cup Year Books Released for POTG Golf (Aug 22, 2017)
· UQW 1965-1980 CWA and GCW Year Book Released (Aug 18, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FrankCOffline
Post subject: 2005 UQ College Football questions  PostPosted: Feb 17, 2016 - 09:30 AM

2005 UQ College Football

The 2005 UQ College Football Teams have 3 numbers; Off –Def & HFA. There is no SOS. Following the rules, the Home Team’s Field Advantage is added when they are the home team. The Visitor’s HFA is subtracted from their computed score. It is the same as previous sets.

Here is the problem; What do I do with a negative HFA? Do I deduct from the team at home and add to the team as a visitor? That could be less than accurate because several poor teams have a negative HFA rating; Florida Atlantic at -4 and Middle Tenn at -5. If I deduct for home games and add for away games because the negative becomes a positive it wouldn’t make sense.

The other question is Louisville’s HFA. It is 10. If they get 10 HFA at home they are -10 when visiting. That seems to be a bit excessive when most teams are 1 to 3.
Does anyone have an answer?

Reply with quote Back to top
BillSOffline
Post subject: RE: 2005 UQ College Football questions  PostPosted: Feb 17, 2016 - 11:33 AM

Caveat - I don't have UQ College Football.

However, if it is like the other UQ games (I play UQ Baseball and Pro Basketball), then the HFA only applies when the team is home. In your example, when Louisville is playing on the road, you use the HFA for the team they are playing (who is the home team) when adjusting the ratings.

FrankCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2016 - 12:22 PM

In UQ College Football the Home Team adds the HFA and the visitor deducts their HFA. In the later years 2009, etc then the HFA went by division and 3 points was the standard. It only applied to the Home Team.

I think I may use the same system as the later years and as you say just give the Home Team the advantage.

Thanks,

Frank

Jump to: