· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 185 unregistered users and 2 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Year Book released for HardBall Wars (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 PGA Tour Released for POTG Golf (Sep 27, 2017)
· Ultra Quick Wrestling 1960's Eastern Territory Available (Sep 22, 2017)
· Solheim Cup Year Books Released for POTG Golf (Aug 22, 2017)
· UQW 1965-1980 CWA and GCW Year Book Released (Aug 18, 2017)
· TV Pro Wrestling Expansion 6 Released (Aug 12, 2017)
· TV Pro Wrestling Expansion 5 Released (Aug 12, 2017)
· Ultra Quick MMA 2017 Available (Jul 25, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Downey GamesOffline
1 Post subject: All-Time Stars Released for Real Life Basketball Classic  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2015 - 10:02 PM
Site Admin

Downey Games is proud to announce the release of the All-Time Stars Yearbook for Real Life Basketball Classic.

With the All-Time Stars Year Book you can determine the greatest franchise in National Basketball history.

The E-Book is available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_11_161&products_id=3544

The Printed Year set is available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7_162&products_id=3543

Player selection is sure to spark some debate, as we probably have left someone’s favorite out.  There also may be some player’s on teams that one would not expect.  To explain this, let us outline the parameters in which we created this set.  First of all, this is an NBA only set.  ABA players and stats were not considered.  Secondly, we set a roster limit of 15 players per team.  Some teams like Boston and L.A. arguably have 25 or more players that could easily make such a set.  We also tried to construct the rosters in a team format.  So if a team had only one center, or point guard, a player with slightly lesser stats may have been selected in order to give the team a functional roster.  We also made sure that a player only appeared on one roster.  And to further that point, if a player had great numbers with more than one team, we placed the player on what we felt like was the weaker team in order to balance the set.

The best part of tabletop gaming is that if you think a player should appear on a different team, there is nothing to prevent you from placing them on that team.

Now you can play with the All-Time Greats, all in one set!

The Rosters can be viewed by clicking on this link: http://tabletop-sports.com/modules.php?name=UpDownload&req=getit&lid=2890

Reply with quote Back to top
NEmersonOffline
Post subject: RE: All-Time Stars Released for Real Life Basketball Classic  PostPosted: Jan 12, 2015 - 01:23 PM

I just purchased this set. It looks great but I seem to be missing the cards that list the fastbreak rating, home court advantage and a picture of the jersey for the following teams.

San Antonio Spurs
Sacramento Kings
Toronto Raptors
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: All-Time Stars Released for Real Life Basketball Cla  PostPosted: Jan 12, 2015 - 01:33 PM
Site Admin

NEmerson wrote:
I just purchased this set. It looks great but I seem to be missing the cards that list the fastbreak rating, home court advantage and a picture of the jersey for the following teams.

San Antonio Spurs
Sacramento Kings
Toronto Raptors
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards

I just emailed you a version created with the old version of Acrobat. Let me know if that works. It sounds if that page is cutoff somehow.

I see that Adobe is pushing through another service update. I have updated the server with the e-book created with the previous version, in case there are compatibility issues for anyone else.

NEmersonOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: All-Time Stars Released for Real Life Basketball  PostPosted: Jan 12, 2015 - 01:39 PM

Just got it. Thanks as always!!!!

galarilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 17, 2016 - 10:55 PM

How the players rated for the ALLSTAR SET? Is it based on their best season or average of all seasons with the team?

galarilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 17, 2016 - 10:56 PM

How the players rated for the ALLSTAR SET? Is it based on their best season or average of all seasons with the team?

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 17, 2016 - 11:01 PM
Site Admin

galaril wrote:

Best single season for the team.

galarilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 17, 2016 - 11:22 PM

Thanks

galarilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 17, 2016 - 11:55 PM

So now that I went back and looked at the rules and my 85-86 cards and think about three point shooting wouldn't teams in the ALLSTAR set with more current shooters like say Golden State take many many more three pointers then say a team with more players from pre 1995?

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2016 - 12:55 AM
Site Admin

galaril wrote:
So now that I went back and looked at the rules and my 85-86 cards and think about three point shooting wouldn't teams in the ALLSTAR set with more current shooters like say Golden State take many many more three pointers then say a team with more players from pre 1995?

If you look closely at the rosters for each team, you will find that in-game 3 point attempts are relatively close for all teams. With the way the set is normalized, there is not an advantage for any era.

galarilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2016 - 10:15 AM

Downey Games wrote:
galaril wrote:

If you look closely at the rosters for each team, you will find that in-game 3 point attempts are relatively close for all teams. With the way the set is normalized, there is not an advantage for any era.

Cool!

Jump to: