· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 174 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Year Book released for HardBall Wars (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 PGA Tour Released for POTG Golf (Sep 27, 2017)
· Ultra Quick Wrestling 1960's Eastern Territory Available (Sep 22, 2017)
· Solheim Cup Year Books Released for POTG Golf (Aug 22, 2017)
· UQW 1965-1980 CWA and GCW Year Book Released (Aug 18, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ljean8080Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2015 - 06:07 PM

How does this game play solo?

Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 03, 2015 - 05:50 PM
Site Admin

ljean8080 wrote:
How does this game play solo?

All of our games are designed to have a solitaire option. The majority of the games are designed for the solitaire player.

There is NOTHING in our catalog that will not have an option for the solitaire player.

statfreakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2015 - 12:31 AM

Carparama wrote:
I'd really appreciate it. Easter Sale this weekend may allow me to pick it up, but I just want to make sure it will get play.
I apologize for not posting this sooner.

I played TV Pro Wrestling 1 rather than TV Pro Wrestling 2, but the game play is similar. TV Pro Wrestling 2 is probably the better game and adds a few new features that I really like, especially the hot tag tag team rules.

TV Pro Wrestling 1 and the early 80s Georgia set was used. I matched Tommy Rich vs Michael Hayes. Each wrester has several different ratings. The CR or control rating determines which wrestling establishes control of the match and performs a move. This is accomplished by rolling two six-sided dice (2d6), one to represent each wrestler. Add any modifiers to the die rolls and the wrestler with the higher amount is in control. If tied on the initial roll to start the match, simply re-roll the die for each wrestler until one establishes control. If the wrestler die rolls are tied after the match starts, the wrestler that was in control on the previous turn remains in control. Once control is determined, we roll for the type of move and damage. In TV Pro Wrestling 1, a d6 and d20 are used to determine the move. In TV Pro 2, the d20 is replaced by 2d6 read 11 to 66. Each wrestler has a style listed on their card. When the d6 result is 1, 3, 4 or 5; use the d20 and the style chart to determine the move. When the d6 equals 2, consult the 2PT Move section on the wrestler's card. When the d6 is 6, use the d20 result and the high spot chart.

I'm going to start the match and note the important game play items as they come up. Tommy Rich starts with an Endurance rating of 9, pin rating of 4 and sub rating of 3 while Hayes starts with 7, 3, and 2. Both wrestlers have a +1 CR meaning 1 is added to each wrestler's control roll.

1. Hayes gains control to start the match and executes a flying body press for 1 point of damage. Unless otherwise noted, all move deals 1 point of damage.
......Rich now at 8 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes 7 end, pin 3, sub 2

2. Rich gains control and executes a knee lift for 1 pt of damage.
......Rich now at 8 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes 6 end, pin 3, sub 2

3. Rich wins control, knee lift -1
......Rich now at 8 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes 5 end, pin 3, sub 2

4. dice roll is tied meaning Rich stays in control; knee lift -1
......Rich now at 8 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes 4 end, pin 3, sub 2

5. Rich, leg lift to head -1
......Rich now at 8 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes 3 end, pin 3, sub 2

6. Rich, flying body press -1
......Rich now at 8 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes 2 end, pin 3, sub 2

7. tied, Rich remains in control, German suplex -2
......Rich now at 8 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes 0 end, pin 4, sub 3; Hayes reaches 0 endurance and adds his pin and sub modifiers

8. Rich, small package -1; (pin) follows the small package move so Rich gets to attempt a pin
......Rich now at 8 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes -1 end, pin 4, sub 3
...........roll the d20 and compare the die result to Hayes' current pin rating (4). A 13 was rolled. Since it is higher than the pin rating, the match continues.

9. Rich in control again and executes a move from his 2PT Move section, a bulldog -2.
......Rich now at 8 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes -3 end, pin 4, sub 3

10. Hayes regains control (higher d6 result), elbow smash to throat -1
......Rich now at 7 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes -1 end, pin 4, sub 3

11. Rich back in control, suplex -1
......Rich now at 7 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes -2 end, pin 4, sub 3

12. Hayes, flying body press -1
......Rich now at 6 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes -2 end, pin 4, sub 3

13. Hayes, slam head into ring post -1
......Rich now at 5 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes -2 end, pin 4, sub 3

14. (tied) Hayes, full nelson -1
......Rich now at 4 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes -2 end, pin 4, sub 3

15. Hayes, flying shoulder tackle -1
......Rich now at 3 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes -2 end, pin 4, sub 3

16. Rich, figure four leg lock (sub) -1
......Rich now at 3 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes -3 end, pin 4, sub 3
..........roll d20 and check Hayes' sub number. 17 is greater than 3 so no submission

17. Hayes, 2PT Move DDT (signature move) -2
......Rich now at 1 end, pin 4, sub 3.....Hayes -3 end, pin 4, sub 3
..........Hayes rolled his signature move from his 2PT Moves section. This allows him to roll on the High Spot move chart without needing to check for control.

18. Hayes (automatic from signature move), quick roll up for pin -1
......Rich now at 0 end, pin 5, sub 4.....Hayes -3 end, pin 4, sub 3 (Rich reaches 0 endurance and adds his pin / sub modifiers)
...........7 on d20 is higher than Rich's (modified) pin rating of 5. Match continues.

19. Hayes, 2PT Move Reverse Automic drop -2
......Rich now at -2 end, pin 5, sub 4.....Hayes -3 end, pin 4, sub 3

20. Hayes, foreign object (DQ) (cut) -2
......Rich now at -4 end, pin 5, sub 4.....Hayes -3 end, pin 4, sub 3
..........check Hayes DQ rating by rolling d20. Die result of 6 is less than Hayes' DQ rating of 8 so Hayes receives a DQ point. If he accumulates 3 DQ points, he will be disqualified. Check to see if Rich was cut. A roll of 3 is less than Rich's cut rating of 7. He receives an additional point of damage.
......Rich now at -5 end, pin 6, sub 5.....Hayes -3 end, pin 4, sub 3 (Once a wrestler reaches 0, he adds his pin / sub modifiers for every additional 5 points of damage he receives).

21. Hayes, 2PT Move Slingshot suplex -2
......Rich now at -7 end, pin 6, sub 5.....Hayes -3 end, pin 4, sub 3

22. Hayes, 2PT Move Slingshot suplex -2
......Rich now at -9 end, pin 6, sub 5.....Hayes -3 end, pin 4, sub 3 Rich is now at -9 which is double his starting endurance. Hayes will now consult the high spot move chart whenever the d6 is 1 or 6. Hayes can also attempt a pin after any 2 point move. Rich has a savvy rating of +1 (which allows him one automatic kick out / reaches ropes) and I used it to kick out of the pin attempt.

23. Rich, flying shoulder tackle -1
......Rich now at -9 end, pin 6, sub 5.....Hayes -4 end, pin 4, sub 3

24. Rich, suplex -1
......Rich now at -9 end, pin 6, sub 5.....Hayes -5 end, pin 5, sub 4

25. Rich, full nelson -1
......Rich now at -9 end, pin 6, sub 5.....Hayes -6 end, pin 5, sub 4

26. Hayes, arm drag -1
......Rich now at -10 end, pin 7, sub 6.....Hayes -6 end, pin 5, sub 4

27. Rich, hit with chair (DQ) (cut) -2
......Rich now at -10 end, pin 7, sub 6.....Hayes -8 end, pin 5, sub 4

28. Rich, body slam -1
......Rich now at -10 end, pin 7, sub 6.....Hayes -9 end, pin 5, sub 4

29. Hayes, finisher B from High Spot (tired) chart. Hayes B finisher is Figure 4 (E) -2. Hayes slaps on the figure 4 and goes for the sub.
......Rich now at -12 end, pin 7, sub 6.....Hayes -9 end, pin 5, sub 4
..........d20 roll of 4 is less Rich's (modified) Sub rating and Hayes wins a hard fought match by submission.

I suppose I could have done a more narrative recap to describe the action, but hope the above highlights how to play the game.

The rules state each move represents 30 seconds so the match time would be 14 minutes and 30 seconds. There are pre-match checks and chances to have in-match, wild and post-match events. The rules also describe how to run a federation and include Heat and Reputation rules.

Tag teams are rated as a team and there are instructions for putting single wrestlers together to form teams that do not have a tag team card. I'm partial to TV Pro Wrestling 1 as I prefer the d20 over using 2d6 to determine each move, but TV Pro Wrestling 2 has more wrestler styles and game play features. If TV Pro 2 used the d20, I would put TV Pro 1 away and always use TV Pro 2.

Hope that helps.

CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2015 - 10:22 AM

Is there an easy way to create wrestlers?

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2015 - 10:59 AM

I can answer this. Not really. There are a lot of ratings, maneuvers and styles. Intricate knowledge of the wrestler is needed.

statfreakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2015 - 03:39 PM

Carparama wrote:
Is there an easy way to create wrestlers?
there are no instructions included to rate wrestlers. There are a large number rated and it would not be difficult to use them as a guide to create your own. Time-consuming, but not complicated as long as you have a good knowledge of the wrestler.

CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2015 - 08:59 AM

What about fictional wrestlers?

statfreakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2015 - 10:43 AM

Carparama wrote:
What about fictional wrestlers?
There are none rated that I'm aware of. It should be relatively easy to create fictional wrestlers using the real wrestlers as a guide.

CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2015 - 07:15 AM

I ended up gambling and picked up TV Pro Wrestling 2 before the sale ended, and I'm looking forward to giving it a try later this week. Hoping I don't regret the purchase.

In hindsight, I probably should have picked up TV Pro 1 with the AWA set.

CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2015 - 11:04 PM

Ended up picking up TV Pro 1 + AWA and this set looks awesome. Confused though, why is there a Ric Flair and a Rick Flair? Is the latter a super early version of him?

nolefan2Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2015 - 09:15 AM

That is what I understood.

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2015 - 10:25 AM
Site Admin

Carparama wrote:
Ended up picking up TV Pro 1 + AWA and this set looks awesome. Confused though, why is there a Ric Flair and a Rick Flair? Is the latter a super early version of him?

Rick Flair is the chubby teen that first appeared in the AWA. He was not the Nature Boy at this point, in fact, far from it.

Ric Flair is the NWA Champion that appeared on the Super Cards.

Derek KraftOffline
Post subject: couple of questions  PostPosted: Jul 15, 2015 - 12:59 PM

I have TV Pro Wrestling and love it! I have the Minneapolis and Early 80's Georgia territories. My only issue is with wrestlers such as Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, who are not the Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair who dominated the WWF and NWA. They also appear in the Original Game Tribute. My first question is whether in that product they are the superior wrestlers or again the inferior versions?

I also am wondering about when the action is outside the ring. The rules say that you should of course use the outside the ring chart rather than the brawler or technical, etc chart. Is this for every roll or just when you would normally use those charts. In other words, if you are outside the ring and you roll a 2 or 6 (or a 1 when opponent is exhausted) do you use the wrestler's 2 pt moves or high spot (or high spot tired) or always the outside the ring? I have been playing the latter (always just use outside the ring) but that seems wrong as wrestlers do their patented moves and jump from the top ropes (superfly anyone?) outside the ring. But seems like might be too many countouts. Thanks!

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: couple of questions  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2015 - 09:47 AM
Site Admin

Derek Kraft wrote:
I have TV Pro Wrestling and love it! I have the Minneapolis and Early 80's Georgia territories. My only issue is with wrestlers such as Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, who are not the Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair who dominated the WWF and NWA. They also appear in the Original Game Tribute. My first question is whether in that product they are the superior wrestlers or again the inferior versions?

Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair in the Tribute set are indeed the champion ratings which you are expressing above. However, I want to explain things a bit, regarding the "inferior" ratings you mention above. The ratings in each set represent the wrestlers for the time period. In the AWA set, for example, there is a rating for "Rick Flair", which is the very green Flair, when he first started. There is also a "Ric Flair", which represents the NWA champion Flair that appeared on the AWA super cards.

The Hogan in the AWA set is the Hogan that was starting to get a push and was battling Nick Bockwinkle for the AWA title. This was not "Hulkamania" Hulk Hogan, and the ratings are as such. We strive to match the ratings with the time period.

Derek Kraft wrote:
I also am wondering about when the action is outside the ring. The rules say that you should of course use the outside the ring chart rather than the brawler or technical, etc chart. Is this for every roll or just when you would normally use those charts. In other words, if you are outside the ring and you roll a 2 or 6 (or a 1 when opponent is exhausted) do you use the wrestler's 2 pt moves or high spot (or high spot tired) or always the outside the ring? I have been playing the latter (always just use outside the ring) but that seems wrong as wrestlers do their patented moves and jump from the top ropes (superfly anyone?) outside the ring. But seems like might be too many countouts. Thanks!

As with the ratings, it is important to understand the time period of wrestling being represented. With the 1970's and 80's style of wrestling, count outs were fairly common. Big high spot moves outside of the ring also just did not happen. You mention Superfly Snuka. How many times did you see Jimmy do a Superfly leap on someone outside the ring?

As far as count outs go, there are over 50% of the results that bring the action back into the ring. Each referee also has a count out rating that is key when it comes to a DQ due to count out. If you look at the modern referees, their CO rating is very low. With the 70s and 80s referees the CO ratings are higher to represent the higher frequency of count outs. Overall, you should find the number of count outs to match with time period in which you are wrestling with pretty good frequency.

To directly answer your question, you use the outside of the ring chart until the action moves back into the ring.

Derek KraftOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: couple of questions  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2015 - 10:26 AM

Got it, thanks! Ordered the Tribute set

Jump to: