· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 184 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Year Book released for HardBall Wars (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 PGA Tour Released for POTG Golf (Sep 27, 2017)
· Ultra Quick Wrestling 1960's Eastern Territory Available (Sep 22, 2017)
· Solheim Cup Year Books Released for POTG Golf (Aug 22, 2017)
· UQW 1965-1980 CWA and GCW Year Book Released (Aug 18, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: TV Pro Wrestling Returns!  PostPosted: Mar 13, 2015 - 02:30 PM
Site Admin

Downey Games is proud to announce that TV Pro Wrestling and TV Pro Wrestling 2: Presented in Color have returned home to Downey Games to stay. For now, all of the products we offered in the past are once again available. And you can be assured that more expansion sets and seasons are on the way!

The E-Books are available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_12

The Printed Games are available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_3

T.V. Pro Wrestling is the creation of Jeffrey "Bruiser" Costa and was sold in wrestling arenas during the 70ís and 80ís. The games that you see now were heavily modified by Jeff Downey, based upon the original concept, and rank as one of his favorite creations. For those that have not tried the games, we think you will find them to be one of the best on the market.

Reply with quote Back to top
rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2015 - 06:39 PM

Great to see these games back where they belong. I hope they have a long run and that you get a chance to update the wrestlers as well. Good luck with it.

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 15, 2015 - 08:04 PM
Site Admin

rickert wrote:
Great to see these games back where they belong. I hope they have a long run and that you get a chance to update the wrestlers as well. Good luck with it.

Thanks rickert!

CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2015 - 07:21 AM

What's the difference between the original and #2?

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2015 - 08:22 AM

I can answer a bit of that while you are waiting for a more complete and/or official answer. TV Pro 2 adds at least one additional rating on the wrestler card and makes it possible for there to be more than 2 finishers and more than one setup move. There are more wrestling styles that can be assigned to wrestlers.

The biggest change is color. There's color everywhere. It is on the wrestler cards and the charts. And it is used in the game play rather than just being for appearance. If you go for the ebook option and your printer isn't color friendly to your pocketbook, you might want TV Pro 1.

That's just what I recall. Others can likely fill in some gaps in the above. Hope this helps.

nolefan2Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2015 - 01:19 PM

rickert wrote:
I can answer a bit of that while you are waiting for a more complete and/or official answer. TV Pro 2 adds at least one additional rating on the wrestler card and makes it possible for there to be more than 2 finishers and more than one setup move. There are more wrestling styles that can be assigned to wrestlers.

The biggest change is color. There's color everywhere. It is on the wrestler cards and the charts. And it is used in the game play rather than just being for appearance. If you go for the ebook option and your printer isn't color friendly to your pocketbook, you might want TV Pro 1.

That's just what I recall. Others can likely fill in some gaps in the above. Hope this helps.

That color is part of the game play was disappointing, although it made the cards more interesting. I realize I am both aging and that games are designed to as big an audience as possible, but I am now finding the vivid background colors make the black print type hard to read. Sad

I think both are outstanding products in trying to capture professional wrestling as a sport. That alone is a difficult task, by the nature of the industry, but I think both Pro and Pro 2 do a top job at presenting the feel of it as sport/ sports entertainment. Personally, I like Pro 1 better because of the outstanding expansion sets of the historical era wrestlers/promotions.

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2015 - 01:53 PM
Site Admin

rickert wrote:

Thanks Rick! You did a great job.

The only thing that I will add, is that TV Pro 2 uses 6 sided dice exclusively. This was something that my Dad and Bruiser discovered was important with new players. Most of the gamers here are used to odd dice, like 10-sided and 20-sided dice. But, the casual gamer has not ever used them or seen them. The switch to 6-sided dice was huge with new players.

The color system also brought in much, much more variety. The matches have little to no repetition. And there are also many other base moves for the various wrestler types. The color system also makes it easier for us to add new match types and other types of expansion, as there is a much larger canvas to work with.

There is much more than just color to differentiate the two games.

CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2015 - 08:16 AM

I'm on the fence about the game. Would someone be willing to sim a random match for me?

CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2015 - 08:22 AM

Or better yet, can someone explain exactly how the game is played?

DavePOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2015 - 08:55 AM

I can run through a sample match with TV Pro #1 (I have #2 as well, but TV Pro #1 has sets for specific territories). Let's use the Minneapolis Territory (AWA) set--any particular wrestlers you'd like to see go at it?

Downey Games

CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 27, 2015 - 09:06 PM

Not picky. Just want to see how it plays out.

Sorry for late reply. Never got a notification. Smile

DavePOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 27, 2015 - 10:57 PM

Unfortunately, I'm not going to have access to my TV Pro stuff for the next week or so. If someone else wants to step in, feel free!

Downey Games

CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2015 - 10:53 AM

I can wait a week!

statfreakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2015 - 11:22 AM

I've been wanting to introduce TV Pro Wrestling to my sons and will try to get a couple matches in this weekend. I can post the results as well if no one else has been then.

I will say TV Pro Wrestling is my favorite hold by hold game on the tabletop. The action just feels real and isn't bogged down with numerous modifiers and extra dice rolls.

Just wish there was a 2014 / 2015 set available since my boys just started watching wrestling last year and want to play with wrestlers they know. The 2011 set has a fair amount of today's stars, but not all of them.

CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2015 - 05:36 PM

I'd really appreciate it. Easter Sale this weekend may allow me to pick it up, but I just want to make sure it will get play.

Jump to: