Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 135 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
· POTG Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Hockey 2018 NHL Available (Apr 11, 2018)
· Final Score Hockey 2017-18 Universe Released (Apr 11, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Easter Sale Begins (Mar 26, 2018)
· RLB 2018 NCAA Tournament Year Book Available (Mar 14, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NEmersonOffline
Post subject: Jim Crockett Promotions at Downey Games?  PostPosted: Dec 29, 2014 - 02:37 PM

Am I crazy or was there a game based on Jim Crockett Promotions for sale at Downey Sports Games at one point? I don't remember if it was UQ or what, but I could have sworn there was a set.

Does anybody else have any info on this?

Reply with quote Back to top
statfreakOffline
Post subject: Re: Jim Crockett Promotions at Downey Games?  PostPosted: Dec 29, 2014 - 02:46 PM

NEmerson wrote:
Am I crazy or was there a game based on Jim Crockett Promotions for sale at Downey Sports Games at one point? I don't remember if it was UQ or what, but I could have sworn there was a set.

Does anybody else have any info on this?
It might have been for TV Pro Wrestling and/or TV Pro Wrestling 2. From what I understand, the designer of the game those two games were based on asked for the games to be pulled from the catalog. Neither the games nor sets for it are available for sale.

nolefan2Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 29, 2014 - 03:16 PM

There was a Georgia Championship Wrestling set for the TV Pro Wrestling game.

I had heard on one of the table gaming forums (maybe this one, even) that it was pulled from Downey Games distribution, but would be re-released for free. I have not, however, seen any public, available for download versions anywhere, and I was looking for awhile.

Brian4444Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 29, 2014 - 03:29 PM

nolefan2 wrote:

I had heard on one of the table gaming forums (maybe this one, even) that it was pulled from Downey Games distribution, but would be re-released for free. I have not, however, seen any public, available for download versions anywhere, and I was looking for awhile.
Try Brien Martins site Hotstove games on Delphi. I think he can help you. -----Brian

statfreakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 29, 2014 - 04:36 PM

nolefan2 wrote:

The original game was re-released for free; however, the Downey version has not been released. Jeff put a lot of work into improving the game and rating wrestlers for it. I doubt his versions of the game or wrestler ratings would ever be freely available.

statfreakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 29, 2014 - 04:40 PM

To be honest, Downey Games should remove the original game and sell their updated version. That should be okay based on the comments I've seen by the original designer. The Downey Games version of the games, especially TV Pro 2, have little resemblance to the original game anyway.

Jump to: