· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 157 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale Extended 24 hours (Nov 25, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale at Downey Games (Nov 21, 2017)
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Year Book released for HardBall Wars (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 PGA Tour Released for POTG Golf (Sep 27, 2017)
· Ultra Quick Wrestling 1960's Eastern Territory Available (Sep 22, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
carlosbOffline
Post subject: Dice Baseball Two  PostPosted: Jun 12, 2014 - 04:19 PM

I just posted two files in the baseball download section. Both have to do with my revision of a baseball game called Dice Baseball that was published in the "Second Fireside Book of Baseball". The original game was invented by one D.J. Michael. I tried to make a little more accurate while keeping the speed of the original game. I view my game as The Universal Baseball Association with real names.
Carlos

Reply with quote Back to top
rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 12, 2014 - 04:41 PM

Not showing up yet, but I will be watching. Can you tell any more about how it plays, whether you can rate your own teams, etc.?

carlosbOffline
Post subject: Dice Baseball Two  PostPosted: Jun 12, 2014 - 06:57 PM

Yes, you can rate players. But as I explain in the intro, they are very general rating. But I go through that thoroughly. Once posted, everything will be explained in detail.
Carlos

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 12, 2014 - 09:44 PM

Downloaded the two files and was very impressed at the ratings and the system. Started to rate one of my favorite teams, the 77 Dodgters. I was fine rating my first hitter but then when I tried to do a pitcher and started with Burt Hooton I had a big problem. I have to question the strikeout ratings. Hooton had much fewer than a strikeout an inning and yet he received the highest strikeout rating a pitcher can get. That seems wrong even for a game that has some broad rating categories.

carlosbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 12, 2014 - 10:24 PM

Hooton struck out 153 in 223 innings, giving him the highest rating I listed. Koufax in 1966 had 317 K in 323 innings, which would give him a 9 for strikeouts. When you have a real power pitcher like a Koufax, you have to add K places. Most pitcher fit in the One to six rating area, but there are some that you just must adjust. I should have said somewhere that the rating could be expanded. Because I'm primarily dealing with the 1950s, I haven't run across any players that need addition numbers for strike out. But the 1960s and 1970s might need 7s, 8s, and 9s for strike outs. I probably wouldn't go any higher than that, though. Just like I didn't go above AVG 12 for hitters.

Carlos

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 12, 2014 - 11:27 PM

When you get time, could you explain in a bit more detail how to expand strikeout or walk ratings for pitchers and maybe even for .400 hitters like Williams. I am very interested again in this game. Thanks.

carlosbOffline
Post subject: Revised Chart for Dice Baseball Two  PostPosted: Jun 13, 2014 - 11:30 AM

To answer most questions about expanding the ranges of batter and pitchers, I decided to post a new Bat&Pitch Chart with expanded ranges for batting, and for pitchers Hits Allowed ratings and Strike Out Ratings.

I wouldn't expand the ratings any more than I have done with this, but anyone can experiment with the game in any way.

That said, if one wants precise statistical ratings, then there are a ton of BB games that do that. What I wanted to do was create a simple game with simple ratings that are not very precise.

What I said in the introduction is what I wanted: I want to see a Norm Cash hit .361 every once in a while.

Carlos

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2014 - 12:57 PM

I will watch for that file. Thanks.

statfreakOffline
Post subject: Re: Dice Baseball Two  PostPosted: Jun 13, 2014 - 01:53 PM

carlosb wrote:
I just posted two files in the baseball download section. Both have to do with my revision of a baseball game called Dice Baseball that was published in the "Second Fireside Book of Baseball". The original game was invented by one D.J. Michael. I tried to make a little more accurate while keeping the speed of the original game. I view my game as The Universal Baseball Association with real names.
Carlos
Thank you for the contribution. I enjoyed reading the introduction and learning about game included in the Second Fireside Book of Baseball.

carlosbOffline
Post subject: Thanks  PostPosted: Jun 13, 2014 - 09:02 PM

Glad you enjoyed it!
Carlos

Jump to: