Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 167 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Downey's Final Score Hockey Released  PostPosted: Oct 04, 2013 - 08:37 AM
Site Admin

Downey Games is proud to announce the release of Downey's Final Score Hockey.

With our initial release, we offer the following sets:

Olympic Games- Every Olympic team from 1924 (played at the 1922 Summer Games) to the 2010 Olympics.

2013 College- Every Men's and Women's Division 1, 2 and 3 team.

History of the WHA- Every WHA team from 1973-1979.

History of the KHL- Every Kontinental Hockey League Team from 2009 to 2013

NHL Decades- Every team from the decade represented.

History of the NHL- Every NHL team from 1918 to 2013.

The E-Books are available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_25_178

The Printed Year Books are available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_24_177

As the name implies, this quick play game provides you with a final score for a hockey game. Allowing you to rapidly play games and watch standings unfold before your eyes. However, there is more to the game than just generating scores. There is plenty of excitement and drama along the way, keeping the game play exciting and compelling. You will have late in the game goals, equalizers and fantastic saves.

Each team is rated individually for Offense, Defense, Pressure situations, and Home Ice Advantage. And while there will surely be some surprises along the way, since this is a game, the accuracy of the game will astound you. We also have a normalization system for every team and league we rate, so you can play across seasons to determine the best team of all-time.

Take the ice with Downey’s Final Score Hockey!

Reply with quote Back to top
lonbagsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 04, 2013 - 09:01 AM

Could you explain how this game differs from Ultra Quick Hockey? I'm sure there must be differences, but they seem awfully similar from the description.

Downey Games-ChrisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 04, 2013 - 12:51 PM

lonbags wrote:
Could you explain how this game differs from Ultra Quick Hockey? I'm sure there must be differences, but they seem awfully similar from the description.

This one is my game, so I can do that.

Final Score Hockey is much like what I did with Final Score Soccer. It is a team only game. There are no individual stats. This allows me to create seasons and set like the Olympics and the women's NCAA which can't be done very easy with UQ Hockey.

The game has a much wider rating system, so the results can be fine tuned to each individual league. It also allows me to fine tune to normalization system for cross-era play.

Like my system with UQ Baseball and Final Score Soccer, there are pressure situations which provide drama even for a final score only game.

The Final Score line is really the type of game I enjoy the most. I like standings and finishing complete seasons. With full play games I don't have the time or the patience. With my games, I can knock out a season in a day or two and watch the teams rise and fall in the standings. And that is what this game does.

galarilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 04, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Downey Games-Chris wrote:
lonbags wrote:

Final Score Hockey is much like what I did with Final Score Soccer. It is a team only game. There are no individual stats. This allows me to create seasons and set like the Olympics and the women's NCAA which can't be done very easy with UQ Hockey.

The game has a much wider rating system, so the results can be fine tuned to each individual league. It also allows me to fine tune to normalization system for cross-era play.

Like my system with UQ Baseball and Final Score Soccer, there are pressure situations which provide drama even for a final score only game.

The Final Score line is really the type of game I enjoy the most. I like standings and finishing complete seasons. With full play games I don't have the time or the patience. With my games, I can knock out a season in a day or two and watch the teams rise and fall in the standings. And that is what this game does.

So, this would be like roll the dice per period to see some scoring progress thru the game or is it roll the dice once for Team A score and roll the dice once for Team Bs score then roll for close game situation rating of team behind to see if they tie it up?..................I would love to see more game like was done with Game Winning Drive Football which has been and still is my number 1 sports board game of alltime. The possession by possession action is great making it more tweener game than full play or the opposite quick play.

galarilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 04, 2013 - 02:09 PM

galaril wrote:
lonbags wrote:

So, this would be like roll the dice per period to see some scoring progress thru the game or is it roll the dice once for Team A score and roll the dice once for Team Bs score then roll for close game situation rating of team behind to see if they tie it up?..................I would love to see more game like was done with Game Winning Drive Football which has been and still is my number 1 sports board game of alltime. The possession by possession action is great making it more tweener game than full play or the opposite quick play.

I bought the game as I know I was one of those that has been hounding you for the KHL and Olympic sets:) and now I see the rules so that answers my own question. Thank you for doing these.

BillSOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 04, 2013 - 02:15 PM

galaril wrote:
galaril wrote:
lonbags wrote:

I bought the game as I know I was one of those that has been hounding you for the KHL and Olympic sets:) and now I see the rules so that answers my own question. Thank you for doing these.

I liked your questions. Can you answer them for us?

Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 04, 2013 - 02:31 PM

galaril wrote:
lonbags wrote:

I know you have the game. But, I will answer for everyone else.

It is not period by period. You may only roll once for each team. There may be more than one roll though in some cases. There are pressure situations, overtimes, and shootouts.

The variety is enough to keep it from just rolling dice. And the drama is there to keep things very entertaining and interesting.

deeceeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2013 - 02:44 PM

Any chances on creating the women Olympics hockey teams in the near future?
Thanks

Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2013 - 06:30 PM

Yes. We just got the data we need on Wednesday.

=CD13

galarilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2013 - 06:46 PM

=CD13

Chris,

FYI. I don't see the 1968 Men'S Olympic hockey tournament teams? Was the data not available so it is not rated or was it a miss on the zip file for the game?

Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2013 - 03:30 PM

galaril wrote:

=CD13

Chris,

FYI. I don't see the 1968 Men'S Olympic hockey tournament teams? Was the data not available so it is not rated or was it a miss on the zip file for the game?

John sent us the data for 1968. It is now included. I just emailed everyone that bought the set the file.

=CD13

Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2013 - 03:31 PM

deecee wrote:
Any chances on creating the women Olympics hockey teams in the near future?
Thanks

Got it all ready today.

=CD13

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2014 - 12:03 AM

So each set has everything needed for play? No separate game parts needed?

DavePOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2014 - 07:26 PM

You are correct. Everything is included, no additional game parts to buy.

Downey Games

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Do you know when 2014 will be out? Also, will it be only available by itself or packaged with another set of seasons? Thanks.

Jump to: