Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 213 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 Game Winning Drive College Football Available (Dec 10, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick College Football Available (Dec 09, 2018)
· 2018 College Available for Downey's FS Football (Dec 09, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 26, 2018)
· Thanksgiving Sale 2018 at Downey Games (Nov 16, 2018)
· UQ Baseball 2018 MLB Season Released (Nov 12, 2018)
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rickertOffline
Post subject: 2011 Sprint Cup with FAR  PostPosted: Sep 26, 2013 - 09:13 AM

2011 Daytona 500
Pole winner Greg Biffle 186.411
Lap Leaders: Biffle, Kyle Busch, Hamlin, Gilliland, Martin, Ambrose, Harvick, Kenseth, Newman, Montoya, Johnson
Led Most Laps: Harvick
19 Cautions for 66 Laps
Winning Speed 112.785

From the beginning Kyle Busch was nipping at Biffle's heels and eventually overhauled him. A great green flag pit stop earned Matt Kenseth the lead for a brief time. Ryan Newman and Kevin Harvick had strong cars during the middle portion of the race.

There were only three cars knocked out of the race permanently and two were from mechanical failures rather than by crashes. Kasey Kahne overheated and Casey Mears had his engine give out. Clint Boyer was collected in the race's most serious crash and his crew was unable to repair the damage. During the course of the race 10 different drivers went a lap down.

Harvick maintained the lead late into the race and through some hectic yellow flag pit stops late. But this is Daytona and the closing laps were brutal. Juan Pablo Montoya took the lead from Harvick and appeared to be n position for a season-opening win. But on the final lap, Jimmie Johnson, who hadn't been a factor the entire race, went around Montoya to capture the victory.

The top 10: 1. Johnson, 2. Montoya, 3. J. Gordon, 4. Reutimann, 5. Labonte, 6. Kyle Busch, 7. Cassill, 8. Conway, 9. Edwards, 10. Kurt Busch.

This was great fun and can't wait to get to the second race.

Reply with quote Back to top
philrivOffline
Post subject: RE: 2011 Sprint Cup with FAR  PostPosted: Sep 26, 2013 - 03:09 PM

Good race recap. Glad you had fun.

indianaiceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2013 - 01:50 AM

Great race Rick!!! How long did it take you to play it? I got the game the other day and want to give it a good go!

ED

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2013 - 08:51 AM

indianaice wrote:
Great race Rick!!! How long did it take you to play it? I got the game the other day and want to give it a good go!

ED

That one took me about 40 minutes because I was still going back to the rulebook occasionally to figure out how things were done. My second one that I am getting ready to post was down to about 30 minutes. I think 20-25 minutes will probably be where I end up.

Thanks Ed

Rick

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2013 - 09:06 AM

Race #2 at Phoenix
Pole winner: Kurt Busch at 138.109
6 cautions for 31 laps. Winner's speed: 104.260
11 lead changes amongst 9 drivers

Kurt Busch wasn't just the fastest qualifier but also the dominant car early, fending off challenges from Vickers, brother Kyle, Jeff Gordon and even Boris Said. Boyer finally got by him for the lead. During green flag pit stops, Kyle Busch and Earnhardt Jr. took stints at the front. Once the stops were over, Kahne powered to the front, but he eventually was overhauled by Bowyer. Dave Blaney dropped a lap behind due to speeding out of the pits. The race's only major accident came when Reutimann slammed into the wall and was unable to continue. Everyone else avoided his trouble. Bobby Labonte got a lap back by being the Lucky Dog. Coming out of the yellow flag stops, Kahne was again in front, but when the green came out Kenseth moved past him and then David Ragan surprised the field by passing Kenseth.

The closing laps were clean without incident and Logano managed to take the lead from Ragan. In the final green flag series of pit stops, Ragan came out in front. But in the final laps it was Jeff Gordon who got his car hooked up at the right time to take the lead and the win.

The top 10: J. Gordon, Ragan, Johnson, Vickers, Cook, Harvick, Kenseth, Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski and Bowyer.

Top 10 points after 2 races: Tie for 1st: Jeff Gordon and Johnson 88 pts, 3. Kyle Busch -12, 4. Montoya -16, 5. Ragan -20, 6. Keselowski -21, 7. Vickers -14, 8. Kurt Busch -26, 9. Edwards -30, 10. Kenseth -31.

indianaiceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2013 - 04:29 PM

rickert wrote:
indianaice wrote:

ED

That one took me about 40 minutes because I was still going back to the rulebook occasionally to figure out how things were done. My second one that I am getting ready to post was down to about 30 minutes. I think 20-25 minutes will probably be where I end up.

Thanks Ed

Rick

Nice to know. I have several seasons of the previous Downey racing game done by Chris Fry, and all the races took about 30 minutes but most of it was from initial positioning, then to the events chart. What would make the game even more fun is the rare events such as weather and the BIG ONE happening. But for now, this is pretty good. Can't wait til I get race number one in the books.

ED

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2013 - 11:55 AM

Las Vegas
Pole: Earnhardt Jr. 187.741
8 drivers lead a lap with 10 lead changes
7 Cautions for 35 laps. Winner's Speed 127.625

Ambrose claimed early lead for pole sitter. Kahne held it briefly but most of the early green belonged to Ambrose. Earnhardt Jr. and then Harvick used great green flag pit stops to lead. One major crash took out Johnson and Bobby Labonte. McMurray and Gilliland both went out with engine failure. During the yellow flag stops that followed, Bowyer moved into the commanding position.

As the final laps wound down, Harvick took over only to lose it back to Bowyer in the final round of green flag stops. In a spirited late flurry of activity on the track, Edwards moved in front only to be passed by Jeff Burton. But on the final lap, Denny Hamlin came from second to take the victory.

At the end, only 14 cars were on the lead lap and 17 were 1 down. There were 5 who were 2 laps down and 3 more who were 3 or more laps down. There were 4 not on the track at race's end.

Points after 3 races: 1. Jeff Grodon 113, 2. Kyle Busch -13, 3. Brian Vickers -16, 4. Denny Hamlin -20, 5. Jimmie Johnson -21, 6. Pablo Montoya -22, 7. Mark Martin -23, 7. Brad Keselowki -23, 9. Ryan Newman -24, 10. Jeff Burton -26.

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 15, 2013 - 03:41 PM

Race #4 at Bristol
Pole - Greg Biffle, his second of the season. Speed: 128.411 mph
Winner: Dale Earnhardt Jr., who passed Jimmie Johnson late. He is the fourth different winner in 4 races.
Leaders: Earnhardt Jr., Johnson, Bowyer, Kurt Busch, Martin, Brad Keselowski, Logano, Kahne, Newman, Reutimann, Biffle
11 cautions for 56 laps.
winner's avg. speed: 81.223
16 cars finish on lead lap
39 cars running at the end
Top 10 this race: 1. Earnhardt Jr., 2. Johnson, 3. Logano, 4. Ky. Busch, 5. Truex Jr., 6. Yeley, 7. Edwards, 8. Newman, 9. Kurt Busch, 10. Kahne
Top 10 points after 4 races: 1. Kyle Busch 140, 2. J. Gordon -2, 3. Johnson -5, 4. Newman -13, 5. Edwards -15, 6. Montoya -16, 7. Edwards and Martin -18, 9. Burton -21, 10. Kurt Busch -22.

Next up: Fontana

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2014 - 07:02 PM

Have completed Races 5 and 6 and will post a brief writeup soon. Had forgotten how much fun this is in a short amount of time spent. Will order 2013 Sunday and have my eye on some other past seasons.

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2014 - 09:23 AM

Race 5 at Fontana

Mark Martin on the pole with a speed of 183.972. He holds off fellow front row resident Ryan Newman at the start. Bliss, Logano, Ragan all drop out with mechanical issues. Race is relatively wreck free. Johnson falls off the lead lap after his crew has to fix some damage he suffered in a dustup with the wall. Vickers, Kyle Busch, Allmendinger and Burton each lead during long stretches of green. Great pit stop by Jeff Gordon get him to the front but Kurt Busch takes it away. Montoya is out of the pits first under yellow caused by Johnson, but Martin takes it away on the restart. He holds it until Harvick gets a late pass. He holds it until the final few laps when Paul Menard catches and passes and then holds off Jeff Gordon for the win.
There were 11 different leaders. Martin led the most laps. There were four cautions for 16 laps and the winner's average speed was 142.196. There were 15 cars on the lead lap at the end and eight did not finish.

Race 6 at Martinsville
Kurt Busch on the pole at 97.109 mph. Again Logano has engine issues and drops out. Ragan and Earnhardt Jr. involved in accidents and fail to finish. Bowyer the first to wrench the lead from Busch, but he soon gives way to Bobby Labonte who dominates the middle section of the race. Johnson and Brad Keselowski both benefit from great green flag stops and lead for a time. Darnell, Mears and Blaney each suffer pit violations and drop off the lead lap. After the Earnhardt accident, Harvick first out of the pits to take the lead. Kyle Busch and Bowyer tangle late and both are out. Suddenly some drivers not competitive early make presence felt late. Biffle gets out of the pits in front after the late yellow and holds it until Tony Stewart zooms past. Matt Kenseth is lurking and in the final laps he manages to overtake Stewart for the win.

13 different drivers led with Bobby Labonte leading the most. There were 11 cautions for 67 laps. The winning speed was 75.082 mph.

Top 5 after 6 races: 1. Jeff Gordon 206, 2. Kyle Busch -1, 3. Paul Menard -12, 4. Carl Edwards -21, 5. Jimmie Johnson -24. There have been six different winners with Kurt Busch and Greg Biffle each landing 2 poles.

Wayne2072Offline
Post subject: FAR Question  PostPosted: May 11, 2014 - 08:36 PM

rickert wrote:
Have completed Races 5 and 6 and will post a brief writeup soon. Had forgotten how much fun this is in a short amount of time spent. Will order 2013 Sunday and have my eye on some other past seasons.

I've been reading your posts. The game time sounds great! One question, please. How much table space does the game require? I don't have a huge amount of play space, but would like a fun racing game.

Wayne

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2014 - 08:44 PM

It is about an average amount of space. There is a 6 x 6 grid of driver cards so I wouldn't say it is small, but the only charts are on two track cards about 4 x 6 inches. Unless your space is really tiny, I think you'll find room for this.

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2015 - 05:01 PM

I have started this back up and have done races 5-8. I will post results soon.

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2015 - 09:41 AM

Race 6 at Martinsville

Kurt Busch sits on the pole with a speed of 97.109.

Busch was able to dominate early but it was Bobby Labonte who was the most impressive during the middle section of the race. David Ragan dropped out of the race from an accident. Joey Logano had engine failure and also was eliminated. Jimmy Johnson and Brad Keselowski spent some time in the lead through great work in the pits. Dale Earnhardt Jr. got caught up in an accident and it knocked him off the lead lap. Coming out of the yellow flag pit stops Kevin Harvick assumed the lead, but it was short lived. Late in the race Kurt Busch, Martin Truex Jr. and Greg Biffle each spent time in front. But it appeared that Tony Stewart would win following a strong surge past Biffle, but he was nipped in the closing laps by Matt Kenseth, who claimed the win.

There were 14 lead changes among 13 drivers.

Top 10 in points after 6 races: 1. Jeff Gordon 206, 2. Kyle Busch -1, 3. Menard -12, 4. Carl Edwards -21. 5. Jimmie Johnson -24, 6. Jeff Burton -26, 7. Tony Stewart -27, 8. Mark Martin -28, 9. Kevin Harvick -30, 10. Martin Truex Jr. -32.

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2016 - 01:57 PM

Race 7 at Fort Worth

Montoya is on the pole at 189.367

Keselowski takes over early. Riggs goes out with overheating and Mears with engine failure. Johnson leads the most laps. Stewart captures the lead during a late round of green flag pit stops. He holds off Bobby Labonte, Newman and Burton in the closing laps to claim his first win of the season. Nine different drivers led the race.

5 cautions for 24 laps.

Top 10: Stewart, Newman, Ambrose, Smith, Labonte, Kenseth, Edwards, Harvick, Bowyer, Khane.

Top 10 points: J. Gordon 239, Stewart -13, Edwards -16, Newman -23, Kyle Busch -24, Menard -26, Harvick -26, Kenseth -29, Kahne -32, Truex -35.

Jump to: