Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 170 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Downey GamesOffline
1 Post subject: Fast Action Racing Released  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2013 - 02:55 PM
Site Admin

Downey Games is proud to announce the release of Fast Action Racing. We have 23 different seasons available for the game at the release.

Fast Action Racing brings you all of the drama and excitement of motor racing to your tabletop. Do not let the name fool you. This is NOT a quick play game. However, it does play quickly. Our unique grid system allows you to play out an entire race in 20 minutes, once you have learned the rules.

Our grid system compresses each race into segments, making game play smooth, effortless and fast. Do not worry though; you will not miss any of the action. While you will not get all the action in minute detail, you will not miss out on lead changes, wrecks, great pit work, and mechanical problems that shape every race so uniquely. The game also lets you witness the challenges made to the race leader as well as the struggle of back markers to avoid being lapped or to rejoin the lead lap. All this action happens in a linear time span from green to checkered flag.

Fast Action Racing captures every important element of a race, produces very realistic results, and plays very quickly. And best of all, it feels like racing. No dice rolling exercises, no gimmicks, no math equations, or unrealistic tallying of numbers to determine a winner. Fast Action Racing is just that, racing, pure and simple.

The E-Book versions are available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_15_169

The Printed Game and Year Books are available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_16_170

The Base Game comes with everything needed to play. (Other than 4 six-sided dice for E-Book purchasers)

The Base Game also comes with the Short Track Legends Year Book, which is the perfect set to learn the game. It brings you 36 of the top short track drivers from all facets of the sport. From open wheel legends like AJ Foyt and Tony Stewart to Stock Car Legends like Ned Jarrett and Junior Johnson to Sprint Car Legends and Saturday Night drivers like Sammy Swindell, Steve Kinser and Frank Kimmel. The set also features individual track cards for 20 real-life short tracks.

The 36 drivers included in the Short Track Legends year book are:

Tony Stewart
Jeff Gordon
A.J. Foyt
Frank Kimmel
Herb Thomas
Junior Johnson
Ned Jarrett
Dick Hutcherson
Rex White
Tom Pistone
Rusty Wallace
Shorty Henshaw
Jimmy Spencer
Dick Trickle
Mark Martin
Mike Eddy
Butch Miller
Gary St. Amant
Ken Schrader
Tim Steele
Benny Parsons
Iggy Katona
Dave Dayton
Bob Dotter
Rich Bickle
Bill Venturini
Richie Evans
Mike Stefanik
Reggie Ruggiero
Brett Bodine
Greg Sacks
Rich Vogler
Pancho Carter
Steve Kinser
Donny Schatz
Sammy Swindell

The Tracks included in the Short Track Legends Year Book are:

Indianapolis Raceway Park
Bristol
Salem
Toledo
Richmond
Madison
Berlin
Milwaukee
Iowa
Eldora
Martinsville
Colorado
Albuquerque
Evergreen
Greenville
Hickory
Winchester
South Boston
Myrtle Beach
Rockingham

Reply with quote Back to top
rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2013 - 05:45 PM

This sounds great. I will be ordering. Can I ask what "assemble the grid" entails?

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2013 - 06:07 PM
Site Admin

rickert wrote:
This sounds great. I will be ordering. Can I ask what "assemble the grid" entails?

Combining 4 sheets of card stock, or paper if you wish, into one grid. It's a simple assembly.

ljean8080Offline
Post subject: Can this be played  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2013 - 08:53 PM

solo?

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: RE: Can this be played  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2013 - 11:23 AM
Site Admin

All of our games play solitaire. This game is not an exception to that.

pavelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2013 - 04:10 PM

Question about the Fast Action Race Game.

The grid system, is this where you move cars up to the finish line?

Is this game similar to your drag racing game?

Thanks for your time.

Pavel

Downey Games-ChrisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2013 - 05:08 PM

pavel wrote:
Question about the Fast Action Race Game.

The grid system, is this where you move cars up to the finish line?

Is this game similar to your drag racing game?

Thanks for your time.

Pavel

The grid is a way to easily reference the on the track action. You are not moving car pieces along a track. The grid keeps all of the action right in front of you.

The game is completely different than Championship Drag Racing. They do not share anything similar. Other than they both represent racing.

I got involved with this game late in the process. But I can tell you it is quite unique. Very brilliant design. It is simple, yet very deep, if that makes any sense. I have never been a big racing person, like Tony is. But, I certainly appreciate this game.

=CD13

GansfanOffline
Post subject: Open Wheel seasons  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2013 - 07:09 PM

I am very interested in this game. I did have one question.I'm not knowledgeable about open wheel racing. Does the open

wheel season not only have Indy drivers but Nascar drivers and races as well?

GansfanOffline
Post subject: Open Wheel seasons  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2013 - 07:10 PM

I am very interested in this game. I did have one question.I'm not knowledgeable about open wheel racing. Does the open

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: Open Wheel seasons  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2013 - 09:31 PM
Site Admin

Gansfan wrote:

We can not call the sets what they really are for trademark reasons.

But, I can make a forum post to help.

Stock Car= Sprint Cup
US Open Wheel= Indy Car
National Stock Car= Nationwide or Busch Series
Truck= Camping World Truck Series

and at sometime when we release them...

Modified will be he Whelen modified Series
American Stock Car Series will be ARCA

And some others I can't think of at the moment. If you are ever unsure, ask here in the forum. I can call it whatever it really is.

pavelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2013 - 09:31 PM

Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply to my questions. I really appreciate it.

The game looks really interesting.

Can you tell me a little bit more about the open wheel drivers?

Thanks again,

Pavel

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2013 - 09:36 PM
Site Admin

pavel wrote:
Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply to my questions. I really appreciate it.

The game looks really interesting.

Can you tell me a little bit more about the open wheel drivers?

Thanks again,

Pavel

Open Wheel is Indy Car, Cart or USAC. The guys that race at Indy every year.

pavelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Chris,

That's what I thought. I'm definitely interested in the Indy drivers of the '70's.

If I purchase the game and season, it's over $25. Which brings me to my next question, is there some way we can have a description of how the game plays or an example of a turn?

Can you explain more about the game then what is in the game description?

Purchasing the game and a season is an investment of some dollars and any further insight to the game would help the gaming community's decision making.

Thanks,

Pavel

ATASrulesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2013 - 03:36 PM

I would highly recommend that you go back through the instructions with a fine tooth comb and make the necessary corrections. Number one: The printed board does not look like the displayed board in the instructions. It took me awhile to figure out that the color coding of the numbers on the outside of the board are different than the board in the instructions.

There are a lot of references to things that YOU, as the developer know, because you've played the game and understand, but the brand new user doesn't. The instructions could be made to be more clear in my opinion.

In your defense though, you're not the first developer to make these kinds of mistakes. It happens a lot more than I would like to see it happen, but it does happen. This is a game that I WANT to like. I've read through the rules 3 times now and I'm still not sure about some things. And until I'm clear on it I'm NOT going to the expense of printing out everything. Too much color.

I would recommend to anyone contemplating buying the game to order the printed version. The extra 5 bucks is cheaper than printing out the PDF.

Edit: After posting this and reading it again, I think I may have come across as being too harsh on the game. It DOES look to have a lot of promise but the rules need to be addressed.

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2013 - 05:08 PM
Site Admin

ATASrules wrote:
I would highly recommend that you go back through the instructions with a fine tooth comb and make the necessary corrections. Number one: The printed board does not look like the displayed board in the instructions. It took me awhile to figure out that the color coding of the numbers on the outside of the board are different than the board in the instructions.

There are a lot of references to things that YOU, as the developer know, because you've played the game and understand, but the brand new user doesn't. The instructions could be made to be more clear in my opinion.

In your defense though, you're not the first developer to make these kinds of mistakes. It happens a lot more than I would like to see it happen, but it does happen. This is a game that I WANT to like. I've read through the rules 3 times now and I'm still not sure about some things. And until I'm clear on it I'm NOT going to the expense of printing out everything. Too much color.

I would recommend to anyone contemplating buying the game to order the printed version. The extra 5 bucks is cheaper than printing out the PDF.

Edit: After posting this and reading it again, I think I may have come across as being too harsh on the game. It DOES look to have a lot of promise but the rules need to be addressed.

In order to help, I need to know what is unclear to you.

The grid in the rules is of course, much smaller to illustrate things like the order of priority. But, it is the same grid.

Let me know what is unclear, and I will be glad to help.

Jump to: