Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 137 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mark61Offline
Post subject: Vintage Pro vs. Ultra Quick  PostPosted: May 01, 2018 - 12:11 AM

I ask this here because there is no Vintage Pro forum. I was just curious, from those who have played both, your opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of each... and which you have more fun playing?

Thanks,
Mark

Reply with quote Back to top
Derek KraftOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 01, 2018 - 05:15 PM

If you want a longer hold by hold game, I highly recommend TV Pro 1. Interesting question though because I never see anyone posting about Vintage Pro. I have played neither Vintage Pro nor Ultra Quick. Enjoy!

gord69Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2018 - 08:56 PM

My first purchase was Vintage Pro Wrestling only played it once, can not remember anything about the game other then the fact I did not care for it. My next purchase was UQW and it was a regular on my tabletop for years and yes TV Pro Wrestling is also a fun game.

Gordon

DavePOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2018 - 10:19 PM

Vintage Pro is a bit more detailed version of Ultra Quick. The upside is that each wrestler is on an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet with a photo, bio, titles won, etc. Vintage Pro wrestlers have a wider variety of finishing moves, with different results depending on the type of match (TV, PPV, No DQ).

The downside of Vintage Pro is that there are far fewer wrestlers rated than in Ultra Quick. There's three All-Time Great sets and one "Tribute to the Gimmick" set. Ultra Quick is definitely the fan favorite, and it's the game that's supported the most. The last Vintage Pro set released was in 2006.

Here's a sample card from each game (the Vintage Pro sheet is larger than shown):

Derek KraftOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 04, 2018 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the pics, Dave! I think Vintage looks pretty cool.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: Vintage/Ultra  PostPosted: May 07, 2018 - 11:09 AM

Vintage Pro's cards looks like a combination of Ultra Quick and Superstar Pro Wrestling. Of course Vintage and Superstar Pro are move based cards while Ultra is quick comparison.

The advantage for Ultra Quick is the number of wrestlers that come with the sets. You can virtually run an entire evenings card in 30 or so minutes choosing from almost every wrestler who entered the ring for that Federation. The extra charts will help give an overall true feel to the matches. The advantage for Vintage and Superstar Pro is that it move based but much more limited in numbers of wrestlers.

Vintage Pro looks good and allows you the longer version of the match as does Superstar Pro. The limited amount of wrestlers is probably an expense issue. Also the Wrestlers that come with the game are rated for a career. The Billy Graham card shown is a one shot deal so his best years are included in this card. Those years would be the later 70's because it is those years that we remember when thinking back.

Ultra Quick is offered at an inexpensive price and each year a new set is released for the current TV wrestling (Raw, Smackdown, ROH and Impact). The nostalgia UQ sets are made for a particular group of years.

This is my opinion. I was a big fan of Superstar Pro Wrestling and spent a lot of time making up the mid-card wrestlers that were not included with the sets. I am not familiar with Vintage Pro but it does look interesting.

Frank

Derek KraftOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2018 - 03:50 PM

Great comparison, Frank! I'm so deep into TV Pro 1 that I couldn't change unless I was forced to. As you may have noticed, I've made up my own rules for Triple Threat Matches and charts for Streetfights and No DQ bouts. I've also adapted a few things from TV Pro 2 and made some of my own modifications (e.g., the rules say you have to use your "savvy" before you get exhausted, I did away with that)

FrankCOffline
Post subject: TV Pro  PostPosted: May 12, 2018 - 07:39 AM

Derek, I don't think it matters which wrestling game you play. If you get excited looking forward to playing, that is the bottom line. You have combined your game and your imagination. You are getting the full bang for your buck.

Keep it up,

Frank

Jump to: