· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 196 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
· POTG Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Hockey 2018 NHL Available (Apr 11, 2018)
· Final Score Hockey 2017-18 Universe Released (Apr 11, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Easter Sale Begins (Mar 26, 2018)
· RLB 2018 NCAA Tournament Year Book Available (Mar 14, 2018)
· Player of the Game 2018 NCAA Year Book Available (Mar 12, 2018)
· 2018 NCAA Available for UQ College Basketball (Mar 12, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kgrrothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 25, 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thank you Ed and Rick for the kind words!! I am glad that ppl are having some fun with it. Just remember that you can pretty much customize it to your own liking. Change pics, change stats, add wrestlers, etc etc.

Reply with quote Back to top
jjergOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2012 - 01:21 PM

This game has compelled me to write.
I downloaded the tabletop version a few years ago to introduce dice & chart games to my young boy. I figured wrestling would be a nice start. I not only was not a fan of wrestling, I honestly hated it. I perceived it as a soap opera pretending to be a pseudo sport, something that kids would watch like a bad cartoon.
Well, I really enjoyed playing with my son. Whenever a finishing move was rolled, we would 'play it out' in the ring we made on the living room floor.
When the excel version became available, I wasn't going to download it but then my boy wanted to see the pictures of the wrestlers. I downloaded and took a look. I was amazed at the number of Federations and how many wrestlers were from my home city. I began looking up 'minor league' wrestlers and was even more amazed how small many of these wrestlers are.
I began playing the game by myself. Ive played a bunch with wrestlers that are from my home state and a few with my favorite names(Paredyse, Ophidian, Necro Butcher & Grizzly Redwood to list a few) and have begun a D4 tournament with 32 D4 rated wrestlers.
Best of all, I discovered a new respect for wrestling. The local scene reminds me of local music scenes when live shows drove the industry. A group of ambitious, eccentric, and a little crazy entertainers doing their thing for rabbid die hard lovers of their trade.
Thanks Markus for creating a game that gave me something to share with my little guy, play on my own sitting in bed, and opened a door of enjoyment I never would have gone through without Brainbuster!

Jj

statfreakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2012 - 09:54 PM

jjerg wrote:
I downloaded the tabletop version a few years ago to introduce dice & chart games to my young boy. I figured wrestling would be a nice start. I not only was not a fan of wrestling, I honestly hated it. I perceived it as a soap opera pretending to be a pseudo sport, something that kids would watch like a bad cartoon.
Well, I really enjoyed playing with my son. Whenever a finishing move was rolled, we would 'play it out' in the ring we made on the living room floor.
When the excel version became available, I wasn't going to download it but then my boy wanted to see the pictures of the wrestlers. I downloaded and took a look. I was amazed at the number of Federations and how many wrestlers were from my home city. I began looking up 'minor league' wrestlers and was even more amazed how small many of these wrestlers are.
I began playing the game by myself. Ive played a bunch with wrestlers that are from my home state and a few with my favorite names(Paredyse, Ophidian, Necro Butcher & Grizzly Redwood to list a few) and have begun a D4 tournament with 32 D4 rated wrestlers.
Best of all, I discovered a new respect for wrestling. The local scene reminds me of local music scenes when live shows drove the industry. A group of ambitious, eccentric, and a little crazy entertainers doing their thing for rabbid die hard lovers of their trade.
Thanks Markus for creating a game that gave me something to share with my little guy, play on my own sitting in bed, and opened a door of enjoyment I never would have gone through without Brainbuster!

Jj
I read this a few times today. Great story and glad to hear you have become something of a fan.

I've downloaded Brainbuster a few times over the years, but never really got into it. I'm going to give the Excel version a chance, but I don't usually stick with any one game / project long.

kgrrothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2012 - 12:44 PM

jjerg wrote:

Jj

Wow. This really sort of blew me away and I had to read it a couple times. I humbly thank you for your words. I am glad I was able to create something that has impacted you and your son. That alone has made the work worthwhile. Honestly I stumbled upon indy wrestling myself about ten years ago now (heard of a small show that was going on at a local bar) and was immediately enthralled. I still watch the big guys, but my heart really is in the indies. I have since gone to many shows of ROH, Chikara, Shimmer, IWA Mid-South as well as countless smaller local indies. I travelled seven hours to Eastern PA to see a three-night Chikara tournament and also spent four days travelling throughout Indiana as IWA Mid-South ran a four day tour in a bunch of small towns there. Being able to talk to such wrestlers as Ken Anderson, CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Ace Steel, Austin Aries, Shawn Daivari, Samoa Joe, Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne) and the like before they showed up on national TV was amazing.
And you are right about the way they wrestle their hearts out for you, despite there may only be 30 fans in attendance!!

I hope you and your son continue to have a lot of fun playing the game (and catching a couple more indy shows as well).

Take Care,

Markus V

Jump to: