· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 246 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Hockey 2018 NHL Available (Apr 11, 2018)
· Final Score Hockey 2017-18 Universe Released (Apr 11, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Easter Sale Begins (Mar 26, 2018)
· RLB 2018 NCAA Tournament Year Book Available (Mar 14, 2018)
· Player of the Game 2018 NCAA Year Book Available (Mar 12, 2018)
· 2018 NCAA Available for UQ College Basketball (Mar 12, 2018)
· Final Score College Basketball 2018 Available (Mar 11, 2018)
· Two New Sets for Ultra Quick Baseball (Mar 10, 2018)
· 4 Canadian Football Seasons Released (Feb 09, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rickertOffline
Post subject: Home field question for UQ Baseball  PostPosted: May 24, 2012 - 04:02 PM

Forget it.

Last edited by rickert on Jun 27, 2012 - 08:23 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
jdowneyadminOffline
Post subject: Re: Home field question for UQ Baseball  PostPosted: May 25, 2012 - 03:54 AM
Site Admin

rickert wrote:
I want to make sure I understand this rule. The home team adds the number to the left of the slash to its rating and adds the number to the right of the rating to the visiting team. Is that right?

I ask because in the 63 season, only 3 teams played better at home and four teams played worse. While on the road, 15 visiting teams got a boost. It seemed like it might be reversed on the teams chart or in the game rules.

Rick T.

My rules could probably be a bit more clear for this, as I can now see the confusion.

Also, keep in mind that the home field rating works in conjunction with the other ratings. So, at times a team may look stronger or weaker than you might think at first glance.

Having said that, you have the process right, in terms of the number to the left modifies the home team and is added to their rating. The number to the right is applied to the visiting team and is subtracted from their rating.

So, a 0/1 will add nothing to the Home team, and subtract 1 from the visitors. A rating of 1/0 will add one to the home team and subtract nothing from the visitors..etc.

I should have chosen a 0/1 team for the example, rather than a 1/0 team, and it would have been very clear.

I apologize for any confusion I caused.

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 25, 2012 - 08:36 AM

That is much better and more clear. When the number to the right of the slash was a positive number, I added it instead of subtracting it. Thanks for clearing that up and creating this game. I am ready for week 2 of my 63 replay.

Rick

wurfOffline
Post subject: schedules  PostPosted: Jun 13, 2012 - 04:19 PM

Rick

Did you find the '63 schedule on a website ? Or perhaps from a computer game.

Len

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2012 - 06:02 PM

I found it on baseball-reference.com

wurfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2012 - 04:34 PM

rickert wrote:
I found it on baseball-reference.com
Rick,

Thanks.

wurfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 21, 2012 - 11:13 AM

Rick,

Do the scoresheets that you received look like the sample that comes with the rules? I seem to be missing a couple and have to put ratings outside
of the box.

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 21, 2012 - 05:46 PM

I don't recall if I ever compared the scoresheets with those in the rulebook. But I don't have to write outside the boxes except to note when I make pressure rolls and things like that.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: Scoring Chart  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2012 - 02:36 PM

In Ultra Quick Baseball, I noticed on the scoring chart that column Q has some numbers that are better than column R. If a team with a letter Q was playing a team with a letter R and both rolled a 41 or 42 the Q team would win. The same happens if they roll a 31 on those columns. Has anyone made adjustments to this or do you let it stand? Just Curious.

wurfOffline
Post subject: RE: Scoring Chart  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2012 - 05:21 PM

Frank,

To tell you the truth I never noticed that.I'm in football mode now.Perhaps an adjustment could be made.

DavePOffline
Post subject: RE: Scoring Chart  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2012 - 08:37 PM

I believe this came up with another Ultra Quick game, I don't have UQ Baseball yet. In that case, even though one or more individual results were better for the weaker team, if you looked at the column as a whole, the higher-rated team had better overall results for that column.

Downey Games

Wayne2072Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Scoring Chart  PostPosted: Sep 15, 2012 - 11:30 PM

DaveP wrote:
I believe this came up with another Ultra Quick game, I don't have UQ Baseball yet. In that case, even though one or more individual results were better for the weaker team, if you looked at the column as a whole, the higher-rated team had better overall results for that column.

I second that recommendation - average each of the columns in question to see what the average is. It could be that the lower grade that has a couple of higher results, has enough lower results overall to make it work out right.

ReinerOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Scoring Chart  PostPosted: Apr 11, 2018 - 11:36 AM

Im still not sure about the Home Field Ratings.I saw in the Rules of UQ Pro Basketball,that a home team with a -1/1 Rating plays real bad at Home Games.If im right,this Rating subtracts one from the Home Team,and also one from the Guest Team?
Shouldnt it be a Plus one for the Guest Team?To show how bad the Home Team plays

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Scoring Chart  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2018 - 12:59 AM
Site Admin

Reiner wrote:
Im still not sure about the Home Field Ratings.I saw in the Rules of UQ Pro Basketball,that a home team with a -1/1 Rating plays real bad at Home Games.If im right,this Rating subtracts one from the Home Team,and also one from the Guest Team?
Shouldnt it be a Plus one for the Guest Team?To show how bad the Home Team plays

I sent you an email on this. But, in case anyone else has a similar question.

The number to the left is the modifier for the home team. The number to the right is the modifier for the visitors.

So, your question is about -1/1.

We modify the home team by -1. And modify the visitors by 1.

So, for a simple example. Both teams have a modified rating of C after factoring the BAT and PIT ratings.

The visiting team gets a modifier of 1. So, they become a "D". The home team has a modifier of -1, so they become a "B".

ReinerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2018 - 06:39 AM

My rules could probably be a bit more clear for this, as I can now see the confusion.

Also, keep in mind that the home field rating works in conjunction with the other ratings. So, at times a team may look stronger or weaker than you might think at first glance.

Having said that, you have the process right, in terms of the number to the left modifies the home team and is added to their rating. The number to the right is applied to the visiting team and is subtracted from their rating.

So, a 0/1 will add nothing to the Home team, and subtract 1 from the visitors. A rating of 1/0 will add one to the home team and subtract nothing from the visitors..etc.

I should have chosen a 0/1 team for the example, rather than a 1/0 team, and it would have been very clear.

I apologize for any confusion I caused.

Sorry for the Trouble i caused.But the Explanation in the UQ Baseball Rules was a bit confusing.With this Post have above it is the same Problem

Jump to: