Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 153 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 Game Winning Drive College Football Available (Dec 10, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick College Football Available (Dec 09, 2018)
· 2018 College Available for Downey's FS Football (Dec 09, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 26, 2018)
· Thanksgiving Sale 2018 at Downey Games (Nov 16, 2018)
· UQ Baseball 2018 MLB Season Released (Nov 12, 2018)
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
galarilOffline
Post subject: Int and fumble rule clarification  PostPosted: Nov 25, 2011 - 08:16 PM

On Interception and Fumble Returns, what does: *[3]=TD in the LG column mean?

As per the rules, are Fumbles only checked for the Away team during Punts and Punt Returns and not the Home team?

I do not completely understand the Fair Catch rule.

What does the * next to some of the return yardages in the Interception and Fumble Return columns mean? Has the play ended Out of Bounds?

Thank you for your help.

Mark

Reply with quote Back to top
PadresfanModsOffline
Post subject: Re: Int and fumble rule clarification  PostPosted: Nov 26, 2011 - 02:03 PM

galaril wrote:

As per the rules, are Fumbles only checked for the Away team during Punts and Punt Returns and not the Home team?

What does the * next to some of the return yardages in the Interception and Fumble Return columns mean? Has the play ended Out of Bounds?

Thank you for your help.

Mark

Mark or Dan -

I think I figured out some answers.

1) My guess is *[3] means that you should flip another 2-12 number, and if its a 2 or a 3, it's an automatic TD. If not, the return goes for the yards denoted in the "2" column.

2) Fumbles can't only apply to the Away team. That must be a typo in the rules...

3) For fair catches, each punter has a "Rtnd" rating. Flip a card and check the BK/RET value. If it's greater than the rating, the punt is returnable. If it's equal to or less than the rating, it's an automatic fair catch.

4) See my first answer above. The * is just telling you to check for the automatic TD in the LG column.

Al

galarilOffline
Post subject: Re: Int and fumble rule clarification  PostPosted: Nov 26, 2011 - 06:13 PM

PadresfanMods wrote:
galaril wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Mark

Mark or Dan -

I think I figured out some answers.

1) My guess is *[3] means that you should flip another 2-12 number, and if its a 2 or a 3, it's an automatic TD. If not, the return goes for the yards denoted in the "2" column.

2) Fumbles can't only apply to the Away team. That must be a typo in the rules...

3) For fair catches, each punter has a "Rtnd" rating. Flip a card and check the BK/RET value. If it's greater than the rating, the punt is returnable. If it's equal to or less than the rating, it's an automatic fair catch.

4) See my first answer above. The * is just telling you to check for the automatic TD in the LG column.

Al

Phil responded to it on the deplhi forum table tops sports:

Hi Mark,

Your question really brings homew the fact that we can get too familiar with a game a the concept stage and take for granted that everyone new to the game will automatically understand the symbols used.

The rulebook should have been clearer. point taken.

postal08 says:

This is to indicate that, in this instance, the return could go all the way for a TD from anywhere on the field. You need to flip a new FAC and consult the return number. 1, 2 or 3 will mean touchdown. Otherwise, the return length is as indicated.

postal08 says:

Correct. I chose this in a way to build home field advantage. You can modify this to your liking by all means.

postal08 says:

Each punter is assigned a Returned rating, based on the numbers of his punts that were returned.
Once you have flip an FAC and assessed the length of the punt, you must flip a new FAC and check the BK/RET section. If the number is with the punter's rating, the punt is eligible to be returned. Otherwise, it is fair caught or considered out of bound.

postal08 says:

This signifies that these returns are potential Long Gains (TD?). See the first answer.

Lets hope that these explanations help.
Sorry for any confusion caused

ostal08 says:
I still need help with the Fair Catch rule: *(0),

I do not think that any punter is rated (0) for Returned? The *(0) value is more commonly found next to the Punter block rating (BLK).

During a Punt, everytime the Punt result 12 is activated by a FAC, there is a potential for a blocked punt. You must refer to the punter BLK rating. If it is *(0), no block punt takes place and the yardage result corresponding to 12 is applied.

If the punter is rated for blocked punts, you must draw a new FAC and check the BLK entry. If the number form the FAC is within the punter's range, the punt has been block. A fumble ensues 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Phil.

PadresfanModsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 26, 2011 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. Totally missed it. Glad I learned the right way to treat punt fumbles!

Jump to: