Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 170 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Thanksgiving Sale 2018 at Downey Games (Nov 16, 2018)
· UQ Baseball 2018 MLB Season Released (Nov 12, 2018)
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jdowneyadminOffline
1 Post subject: Mean Gene's Football E-Books Now Available  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2010 - 11:05 PM
Site Admin

Downey Games is proud to announce the release of the 1976 NFL, 1985 USFL, 2009 NFL and 2009 College Top 20 in E-Book form.

You can purchase any of the seasons above and the E-Book game parts by clicking the link that follows: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_6_129

Mean Gene's Football is a fast playing football game that factors in every player on the field.

The game features our all-new No Shuffle Fast Action Deck and Fast Results Deck which makes game play really quick.

And while the game plays great solitaire, it also has great head-to-head elements. With Mean Gene's Football, you can run right at a weak defender, or avoid the side of the field with a dominant player. Rushing plays behind an all-pro left tackle will gain more than a play behind a second stringer. Want to pick on a rookie corner? You can with Mean Gene's Match Up Football. This is a draft league gamer's dream!

Everything you see on the real field is represented in this game. And as I previously mentioned, the game plays quickly. A complete game with full stats in an hour is easily achieved.

Reply with quote Back to top
iringo63Offline
Post subject: 1976 Cowboys  PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hi Jeff,

I'm enjoying my Mean Gene Game. Very easy to learn. I do have a question though regarding the 1976 Cowboys. All the defensive players are rated 10 on pass rating. Is this correct? I checked all the 1976 & 2009 teams and no other team had every player rated the same in this manner. The closest was the 1976 Colts that had all but 1 player rated the same. Seems odd.

Thanks for your time.

Mike

jdowneyadminOffline
Post subject: Re: 1976 Cowboys  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2010 - 09:43 AM
Site Admin

iringo63 wrote:
Hi Jeff,

I'm enjoying my Mean Gene Game. Very easy to learn. I do have a question though regarding the 1976 Cowboys. All the defensive players are rated 10 on pass rating. Is this correct? I checked all the 1976 & 2009 teams and no other team had every player rated the same in this manner. The closest was the 1976 Colts that had all but 1 player rated the same. Seems odd.

Thanks for your time.

Mike

Hello Mike,

I also emailed this to you. But, wanted to respond here as well, to address this.

As for the 1976 Cowboys, that is not an error. We decided early on that we would use strict formulas for the ratings and let them fall where they may. This became increasingly important when I introduced the "Optional Rules" to the game. As the defensive and offensive modifications impact the ratings. The natural thinking process is to "fudge" a couple of ratings by lowering one and raising another just to make it "look" right. But, doing so can skew the results, especially with the play calling modifications.

This is a pretty rare occurrence, but it does happen. There is an even more extreme case with the 1985 USFL set and the Oakland team. But, I assure you it is as it should be.

One thing to keep in mind is that each player is still very individualized as they have different PREC and PR ratings. Plus, the frequency of the "match-ups" within the FACs also makes a 10 rated LE much different than a 10 rated LCB.

So, I know it looks odd. But, there is a LOT of thought behind the ratings. This game has been tested and refined over the span of about 30 years. You'll see that the results are spot-on.

-Jeff

Jump to: