· SGD and TSW Archives
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 160 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2017 Ultra Quick Wrestling Available (May 15, 2017)
· 2017 NBA Available for POTG Basketball (Apr 21, 2017)
· 2017 NHL Available for Ultra Quick Hockey (Apr 21, 2017)
· 2017 NBA Available for Real/Life Basketball Classic (Apr 20, 2017)
· Final Score Hockey 2017 Universe Available (Apr 19, 2017)
· 2017 Easter Sale Begins! (Apr 11, 2017)
· HR Derby Original TV Show Set Released (Mar 20, 2017)
· 2017 POTG College Basketball Year Book Available (Mar 15, 2017)
· 2017 UQ College Hoops Available (Mar 13, 2017)
· FS College Basketball 2017 Season Available (Mar 13, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FrankCOffline
Post subject: Ultra Quick  PostPosted: Apr 27, 2010 - 07:02 AM

Like most of you I have altered or added my own charts to allow the game to flow easily for me. I add a wrestler here and there and I have managers work slightly different. Overall though, this is Ultra Quick with slight variations.

Savannah Civic Center -Savannah, GA/announcers; David Crockett Jr and Dusty Rhodes

1. Salvatore Sincere; Tilt-A-Whirl Bodyslam pin over Dusty Wolfe.
2. Dustin Rhodes; Lone-Star DDT pin over Disco Inferno.
3. Rip Morgan won by Count-Out over Jimmy Valiant. Jimmy was fighting with Sinister Minister.
4. Pretty Wonderful (Paul Orndorf/Paul Roma) beat Rock & Roll Express (Robert Gibson/Ricky Morton). Gibson took Brass Nucks from Roma but was then caught and DQ'd by referee Mike Chioda.
5. Giant Haystacks won by Count-Out over Arn Anderson after Arn was thrown through a ringside table.
6. Tommy Rich pinned Lord Steven Regal.

Reply with quote Back to top
FrankCOffline
Post subject: more  PostPosted: Apr 27, 2010 - 07:46 AM

I converted all the wrestlers I use to the larger scle using the Excel Card Template that is found at the free downloads. I was able to find a picture for every wrestler except 1, Steve Cox. When you figure the hundreds of wrestlers, that's pretty good. I have 4 Federations; WCCW, Hardcore, WCW, and WWF so I am talking about a lot of wrestlers.

WCW - Gaylord Center - Nashville, TN/announcers: Eric Bischoff and Lee Marshall

1. Kevin Sullivan won by Count-Out over Reno Riggins when Riggins chased Luna Vachon backstage.
2. Danny Boy Collins pinned Colonel DeBeers. Davey Boy Smith was the guest at the announcer's table and DeBeers called him out. Smith then gave him a concrete piledriver and threw the Colonel into the ring.
3. The Great Muta pinned Riki Chosyu.
4. The orient Express (Kato/Pat Tanaka) won by Count-Out over Top Gunns (John Paul/Ricky Rice). John Paul got caught in a melee and failed to make the count.
5. Abdullah the Butcher pinned Davey Boy Smith. Colonel DeBeers gave Abdullah a sharp object; Slash, Lots of blood to blind Davey.
6. Primetime Brian Lee won by Count-Out over Terry Taylor. Terry was chasing Tammy Lynn Sytch. Taylor retains the U.S.Title.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: more mayhem  PostPosted: Apr 27, 2010 - 10:31 AM

I have played sports board games all my life. In 2 days I will be 72 and I consider myself young. As long as I have an imagination, a game and dice, I will continue to play. I am a retired teacher. I always had a board game club in school. Students could come in after school and play APBA, Strat and even Dungeons and Dragons. When Pro Wrestling Superstar was introduced wrestling was just entering the Golden Age of Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan. It became big at the after school club. Then Champions of the Galaxy was released and it continued the wrestling trend. Ulta Quick Wrestling serves my purposes now because I am more interested in the pre and post extra activity that leads to a win at a match. My extra charts have added a new dimension for my game. I introduced my wife to the game. She is completely lost because the only wrestler she knows is Hulk Hogan. The game would better fit our grandchildren but I'll bet they wouldn't exceed our fun. It must be quite site to see a near 72 year old man and a 69 year old woman rolling the dice and living out a night of wrestling mayhem. I wonder if this is what Jeff had in mind when he released this game some years back. I doubt it.

ECW - Ironbound Rec Center - Newark, NJ/announcers; Joey Styles and Joel Gertner

1. Mr. Hughes won by Count-Out over 911 after 911 was slammed through a table and couldn't return.
2. Max Payne; Wallapalooza pin over Fallen Angel.
3. E.Z. Money pinned Dean Malenko by using a hidden money clip for the KO.
4. Bad St Boys (Joey Mathews/Christian York) beat The Gangstas (Matafa Saed/New Jack). New jack was Counted-Out.
5. Rob Van Dam won by DQ over C.W. Anderson after Sinister Minister hit referee Andrew Thomas with a Loaded Good Book.
6. Mike Awesome won by Count-Out over Steve Corino when Steve chased Paul Hayman to the locker room. Awesome retains the ECW Title.

ECW Arena - Philadelphia/ announcers; Joey Styles and Cyrus the Virus

1. Chris Hamrick pinned Big Dick Dudley. Dick was distracted by Balz Mahoney and Chris rolled him up.
2. Kid Kash pinned Simon Diamond after throwing sand in his eyes.
3. BRASS NUCKS MATCH - Roadkill KO's Balz Mahoney with Double Knucks to the guts and choppers. Dick Dudley constantly distracted Balz leading to the KO. Balz was carried out on a stretcher.
4. Bad Breed (Axl/Ian Rotten) won by DQ over Blue World Order (Stevie Richards/Blue Meanie) after Chastity called out The Sandman who beat The Rottens with his Kendo Stick. Mike Adanie DQ'd BWO.
5. Taz pinned Raven. Kimmona Wannalaya was talking strategies with Raven and Taz rolled him up.
6. BARBED WIRE MATCH - Terry Funk beat Cactus Jack. Jack fell from the top turnbuckle onto the Barbed Wire ropes and was unable to continue. Terry Funk wins the Hardcore Title.

MKABearOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 27, 2010 - 05:50 PM

Great stuff Frank. I love UQ wrestling also, and have adapted it to all kinds of games. Gladiators, you may be one and done if the King/Queen isn't impressed. I have tried to make a Celebrity Death Match, but I didn't watch the show when it was on, so I don't really know all the details to simulate it.

Thanks for the updates, and get Jimmy Valiant a rematch (he is a favorite of mine!) I watched Memphis wrestling growing up.

Turn down the volume on this, it was recorded very loud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TCEPETXlVo&feature=related

everhatOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 27, 2010 - 07:38 PM

Awesome session reports!!

Better than watching it on TV (no commercials!).

MKABearOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2010 - 05:03 AM

I don't know the Steve Cox fellow, but I did find this picture on the internet. I do hope it is of the fellow you are looking for.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/stevecox/05.jpg

FrankCOffline
Post subject: wrestling 4-28  PostPosted: Apr 28, 2010 - 07:27 AM

Thanks for the pic of Steve Cox. Jimmy Valiant was a fun performer. I first saw him at the Ridgewood Gardens in Brroklyn/Queens back in the 60's. He was using the name Jimmy Vallen. He became pretty popular wrestling against guys like Mr. TV Jackie Pallo and Chief Osley Saunooke. Jimmy's days at the lower level were numbered because he had simply too much talent. He signed up at the WWWF as a evil tag partner on the Valiant Brothers. The rest is history. Great video.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: wrestling 4-28  PostPosted: Apr 28, 2010 - 08:05 AM

WCW - Mobile Civic Center - Mobile, AL/announcers; Bob Caudle and Johnny Weaver

1. Frankie "Thumper" Lancaster pinned Highlander Drew McDonald after Pistol Pez Whatley crowned McDonald with a microphone. Pez was at the announcer's table and Drew slapped him.
2. Gorgeous Gary Young won by Count-Out over White Lightening Tim Hoerner. Playboy Gary Hart held Tim so he couldn't make the count.
3. Dr. Tom Pritchard won by DQ over Pistol Pez Whatley. Whatley, frustrated by the cheating of the Doctor and Brother Love, used a Chairshot. Referee Nick Patrick call for a DQ.
4. The Bruise Brothers (Don/Ron Harris) beat The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobs/Jerry Saggs). Ron Harris pinned Knobs. Downtown Bruno tossed Knobs Brass Nucks but Ron intercepted and used to KO.
5. Bruiser Brody; Jumping Knee Drop pin over Maniac Mark Lewin.
6. Ric Flair pinned Ricky Steamboat. Flair used hidden brass nucks while ref Mike Cioda was KO'd.
7. New Breed (Sean Royal/Chris Champion) beat Road Warriors (Hawk/Animal). Sean Royal pinned Animal after Dawn Marie viciously scratched his eyes. New Breed retains the WCW Tag Title.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: vintage wrestling  PostPosted: Apr 28, 2010 - 05:12 PM

When I was a kid in the early 50's wrestling became popular on the TV. It led to our going to the local arena (Ridgewood Grove) to see some of the cards. My grandfather loved wrestling as did most Italians and he wanted to see Antonio Rocca along with some others like Chief Don Eagle, Mr. Moto and Gypsie Chewaki (Lenny Montana), who you may remember as Luca Brazi in The Godfather. About 15 years later the matches at Ridgewood Grove were still going and that is where I 1st saw Jimmy Valiant who was the heel Big Jon Vallen and then the face Jimmy Vallen. I mentioned TV Jackie Pallo and Chief Osley Saunooke before. Pallo was a Gorgeous George "wannabe" and Saunooke was a test for all up and coming wrestlers. Saunooke was depicted in the movie "The One and the Only." Pallo was an itch while the Chief was a guy who would give a big war cry and chase the opponent around the arena. One match we were at, the Chief did his usual "yelp" and then chased Pallo. Pallo found a trash can and was able to stuff it over Saunooke's head. Jackie then found a baseball bat and crashed it to the trash can side ringing the Chief's bell several time. It was match that was way ahead of its time but shows that today's wrestling wasn't the only wrestling with unusual happenings. They were only in the ring for a moment and both were counted out but it was a joy of a match.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: wrestling 4-29  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2010 - 07:39 AM

WCW - L. Joel Coliseum - Winston-Salem, NC/announcers; Tony Schiavone and Gordie Solie

1. Roadblock pinned Hustler Rip Rogers.
2. Van Hammer pinned Jushin "Thunder" Liger after crashing a guitar over his head.
3. Irwin R. Shyster beat Brad Armstrong. Commission Jack Brisco made this a CAGE MATCH. Shyster escaped after performing a Running Power Slam against the cage and then his Write Off (Flying Clothesline).
4. The Steiners (Rick/Scott) beat PG-13 (J.C. Ice/Wolfie D). Scott pinned Wolfie D.
5. Barry Windham; Bulldog Pin over Rowdy Roddy Piper after Alexandra York hit Roddy with a briefcase.
6. Big Van Vader pinned Lex Luger. Jim Cornette crowned Luger with a Gong-Bell.
7. Kendo Nagasaki beat Sting. Jack Brisco ordered a BOOT CAMP Match. Referee Nick Patrick was KO'd and Sinister Minister got the rifle. Nagasaki held Sting down while Sin-Min beat him unmercifully with the rifle butt. The MASH unit was called to carry Sting away. Kendo Nagasaki won the WCW Title.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: wrestling 4-30  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2010 - 07:57 AM

WWF - Wachovia Center - Philadelphia, PA/announcers; Mean Gene Okerlund and Jerry Lawler

Pre-Show match - Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake; Running Kneedrop pin over Robbie Ellis. Ellis then got a haircut.
1. Tatanka; Renegade Drop pin over Bastian Booger.
2. Jim Powers pinned Skinner. Skinner bumped Big Bossman outside the ring and Bossman used his Billy Club before tossing Skinner back for the pin.
3. Big Bossman pinned Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett was bust trying to save Kimmona from Slick. Bossman hit him with a Spin Slam.
4. The Bushwhackers (Butch/Luke) beat Samoan Swat Team (Fatu/Samu). Butch over Fatu with the Bushwhacker Battering Ram after Mr. Fuji hit Fatu with a cane by mistake.
5. Papa Shango pinned Sam Houston after slashing him with a sharp object. Sam was blinded with blood.
6. Ravishing Rick Rude pinned Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Sensational Sherri sprayed perfume into jakes eyes.
7. Ultimate Warrior won by Count-Out over Hercules Hernandez. Hercules retains the Intercontinental Title.

MKABearOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2010 - 09:35 PM

I was at ringside for these matches, and they ought to check into Papa Shango. He should be at least suspended if not arrested for what he did. They have to have a camera that shows the glint of the blade. I was thinking it was a single sided construction razor taped between his middle and ring fingers on his right hand.

If these guys ever put a show on in your town, it is worth the price to see them live. Totally different that pay per view, plus you get the added bonus of seeing stuff like Brutus cutting the hair!!!

^^^^

Great stuff Frank!

FrankCOffline
Post subject: wrestling 5-1  PostPosted: May 01, 2010 - 07:56 AM

I don't disagree about Papa Shango. He is some piece of work. At this point in time no suspension or arrests have been made. Jake Roberts was the follow up match and he watched his brother get slashed. Maybe some in the ring revenge is in order. Papa Shango's voodoo against Jake's snake. It sounds inviting.

WWF - HSBC Center - Buffalo, NY/announcers; Todd Pettingill and Sean Mooney

Pre-show match - Razor Ramon won by DQ over Barry Horowitz. Horowitz took Brass Nucks from Razor but was caught by referee Earl Hebner.
1. The Bezerker pinned Duke "Dumpster" Droese after Sheik Adnan crashed a chair over Duke's head.
2. Iron Mike Sharp; Loaded forearm pin over Johnny B. Badd. Gangrel was at ringside and became interested in Sable. It distracted Johnny from the match.
3. Bob Holly pinned Gangrel. Sable came to ringside and used pepper spray in Gangrel's eyes.
4. Ludvig Borgia pinned Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
5. The Rocker (Marty Janetty/ShawnMichaels) beat The Headbangers (Thrasher/Mosh). Mosh was counted out during a chair swing melee.
6. Earthquake; Avalanche pin over Sgt. Slaughter after Sheik Adnan hit Slaughter with a bottle.
7. Hulk Hogan pinned Million Dollar Man. Sensational Sherri missed with perfume spray and got Ted DeBiase instead.

everhatOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 01, 2010 - 12:42 PM

These events are all awesome, FrankC!

I really enjoy reading them.
Sometimes I read them twice because they are so much fun.

FrankCOffline
Post subject: wrestling 5-2  PostPosted: May 02, 2010 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for the nice comments. As I stated, board games and wrestling games are not new to me. I just happen to be posting what I am doing now. Actually I have played Ultra Quick for years even converting Champions of the Galaxy to the game. I have added extra charts to allow the game to flow easy for me. It still requires very few die (dice) rolls. I wanted a chart to give me a direction on the more specific eventual ending to matches and I was able to create it. Let's face it most matches with 2 closely even wrestlers ends with the heel cheating to win or the face reversing the cheating and winning. It doesn't mean they can't use their finisher too. It simply means the bad guy cheats then uses his finisher and vice versa or uses a foreign object or outside help. I wanted that aspect. I also wanted to make it tougher for a jobber to win so I added a tougher % dice roll. Jobbers never have a 10% (90-100) chance of winning. If they do win it is because of another wrestler interferring to cause a feud with the jobber's opponent. Once I roll the dice the resuts are in stone so my charts and the fow of the matches are very important to me.

WWF - Conseco Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN/announcers; Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura

1. Duke of Dorchester, Pete Doherty pinned Nailz. Bam Bam Bigelow was at the announcers table and Nailz made a few remarks. Bam bam KO'd him and threw him into the ring.
2. Bam Bam Bigelow; Flying Headbutt pin over Brooklyn Brawler.
3. Playboy Buddy Rose pinned Stunning Steve Austin. Jim Cornette threw sand and hit Steve in the eyes by mistake. Playboy was thrilled with the win.
4. Tugboat; Tidal Wave pin over The Mountie.
5. Demolition (Smash/Ax) beat Smokin Gunns (Bart/Billy). Ax pinned Billy.
6. The Undertaker; Choke Slam pin over Junkyard Dog.
7. Acolytes Protection Agency (Farooq/Bradshaw) beat Hart Foundation (Jim Niedhart/Bret Hart). Farooq pinned Bret. A sneak attack by Jimmy Hart with Brass Nucks got reversed causing the pin. A.P.A. retains the WWF Tag Titles.

Jump to: