Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 144 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DocSavageOffline
26 Post subject: 2006 NASCAR GRANDSTAND file now available  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2007 - 11:36 PM

It's been a long time coming, but the 2006 NASCAR Grandstand file has finally been posted in the Downloads section.

NASCAR Grandstand is the totally FREE NASCAR simulation that includes every single driver who drove in the 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup, each with their own individual playing card.

Also included is every track, each track individually rated for propensity for mechanical troubles or crashes and accidents.

This file can be played as a board game OR on your computer with the NASCAR GRANDSTAND autoplay file.

Enjoy!

Dave

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
sonerichOffline
Post subject: RE: 2006 NASCAR GRANDSTAND file now available  PostPosted: May 10, 2008 - 09:56 PM

I have been playing this game and it is real fun. I just recently took the local track and tours from my area and rated the drivers. Not making indivdual cards but listing their rating on the card stock sheet. I use your formula ( minus a couple things as short track and nascar racing is different.) Anyways i want to thank you.

daytondaveOffline
Post subject: Grandstand and Vista  PostPosted: Jun 11, 2008 - 10:43 PM

Is it a known issue, or just me?

I haven't been able to get the computer game to load a season file since moving to Vista.

alextuesdayOffline
Post subject: RE: Grandstand and Vista  PostPosted: Feb 16, 2010 - 11:47 PM

Dave,

Any plans for additional seasons of Grandstand in the near future? Or is it possible to get the formulas to create the cards for the game?

nolefan2Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2010 - 04:19 PM

There is a driver and ratings formula excel sheet provided in one of the downloads. I am working my way through the 2009 results, but would love someone to collaborate on the driver cards' colors (doesn't interest me), and on the historical starting grids, which looks like a lot of work!

After that is finished, then I'd like to do 2008 and 2007.

alextuesdayOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2010 - 11:01 PM

Thanks, I missed it earlier. If you would like help with the 09' set just let me know. You can reach me at marvbren@netcommander.com

vwm85341Offline
Post subject: Drivers Ratings Nascar Grandstand  PostPosted: Feb 17, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Any chance of getting a spreadsheet uploaded that we could use to make drivers cards.
I would like to have the 1999 and 2000 seasons.

cyoakam1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 22, 2014 - 11:09 PM

nolefan2 wrote:
There is a driver and ratings formula excel sheet provided in one of the downloads.

Nolefan2, I found the excel sheets, but I don't see any written instructions with them. Do you have them, that you could email me a copy. Thanks, .....Cy (cyoakam1@comcast.net)

nolefan2Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2014 - 02:37 PM

No instructions were available. Here's my take on the sheet:

On the Driver Rating sheet:
In the middle of the sheet, you will see 4 little tables with columns for the race name. For each applicable race, you enter the place finished in the finish column, the place the driver started the race in the start column, and a "1" in the column for mechanical or crash if they ended the race not running. This should cause the little chart on the left side of the Driver rating sheet to recalculate automatically. If not, I think F9 will manually recalculate the sheet. When you are done entering all the races for a driver. the left side table will be done and you can "clip and paste" that to the drivers "card," making sure you use "paste values" or the ratings will go all funk

The Track rating is a bit harder. You will have to compare the established sheet versus the more recent schedules, as some races are new and others have been removed from the schedule. Still, each category has the same number of races in it, so you substitute out one and replace it with the newer and the tables still work. You enter the number of races at the track (except for Daytona and Charlotte, I think, which have 2 races but different lengths), and then the number of races that end the race with mechanical problems or due to a crash. Use the table on the right, and the ratings again auto-calculate, or at least should. You then clip and paste the track info into the Excel file for the season you are working on.

I think that is what I figured out from looking at it. Let me know if I am either wrong or if you have more questions.

Jump to: