Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 170 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· UQ Baseball 2018 MLB Season Released (Nov 12, 2018)
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jdowneyadminOffline
1 Post subject: Announcing Classic Canadian Football  PostPosted: Aug 11, 2008 - 08:42 AM
Site Admin

Downey Games is proud to announce the release of Game Winning Drive Classic Canadian Football. The Classic Canadian version of the game keeps all of the elements of Game Winning Drive that you've come to know and love. However, we've added a slight wrinkle to the classic version that replicates each team's ability to play with a lead, or play from behind to further increase the realism of the Canadian game.

Today we announce the release of the 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980 and 1983 season year books for GWD Classic Canadian Football.

Game Winning Drive Football allows you to quickly play a game between two teams while capturing the entire ebb and flow of Canadian football. With Game Winning Drive, you’ll be able to “see” teams grind it out on the ground, or throw all over the field for scores. The defensive side of the football is not neglected in Game Winning Drive, as you’ll “see” great defenses in action, and directly impact the game.

As in real football, special teams play and turnovers have an impact in Game Winning Drive Football. You’ll “see” the impact of a short field for the opposing team after an interception or fumble. The dangerous Kick Returner’s and Punt Returner’s are a factor in Game Winning Drive. The kicking game which is such a key element in Canadian Football. No other quick-play game covers all of the elements of football like Game Winning Drive.

While other quick-play games give you a final result, Game Winning Drive tells the “story” of the game. You’ll know precisely why a team wins or loses a contest. Also, unlike other quick playing games, Game Winning Drive adds many strategy elements to add to the realism and excitement of the game.

Do you go for it on 3rd down? Do you go for the 2 pt conversion for the win, or kick the PAT for a tie? Do you try for an onside kick, or hope that your defense can shut down the offense for one final drive? With Game Winning Drive, the decisions are yours. There isn’t another quick-playing football game in the market that allows your coaching decisions to impact the game.

While your decisions may impact the game, your players on the field will ultimately determine the success of your team over the course of a season. Game Winning Drive Football factors each team’s offensive and defensive strengths and weaknesses. Each team is rated for scoring, Rushing, Passing, Kicking, Punting, Fumbles and Interceptions on the offensive side. On the defensive side of the ball, each team is rated for Overall Defense, Defensive Strength, 3rd Down Defense, Fumble recoveries, and Interceptions.

Rick, Phil, and I think you’ll find Game Winning Drive to be the most comprehensive quick-play football game on the market.

As with all of our Game Winning Drive editions, everything you need to play is included. (You'll need a pair of six-sided dice if you purchase the e-book version).

The printed versions feature full-color, die-cut team cards, full game rules, score sheets, dice and a sturdy game box.

You can purchase the E-Book versions here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_6_84

The printed versions can be purchased here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_2_85

Reply with quote Back to top
DesTroyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2008 - 04:43 PM

Woo-hoo!!!

I definitely need this one...

indianaiceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2008 - 08:23 PM

Game Winning Drive is a fun little game. I have the 66 CFL, 83 USFL and the 2007 Arena League. All three have given me quite a bit of pleasure and plays quick and can be exciting. No individual player ratings nor a way to do individual stats but with some research you can at least rate who scored for the teams. One wish list is the actual season's schedule (USFL had it), most you can find but for the older CFL its not easily available.

But for a quick play game with some ebb and flow, you can't go wrong with this game. The boys, including my good friend Rick, did well with this one. I own one other football game that is possession by possession but they are no longer in service, so this game is the top of the line and all by themselves!

The Classic CFL, I just bought 1975, has added a few wrinkles that I like to see with the rest of the other GWD sets. Big wrinkle being is team ratings when holding leads. That is something that no other football game has. I can't wait to try this version out.

Hope all is well, and if you purchase the Classic CFL or go with the previous CFL versions, you will have a blast!

Edward R. Meek

galarilOffline
Post subject: Re: Announcing Classic Canadian Football  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2018 - 11:41 AM

Any chance of seeing more CFL seasons both late70s early 80s and after 2010-2017? If this one is not a big seller I get it.

jdowneyadmin wrote:
Downey Games is proud to announce the release of Game Winning Drive Classic Canadian Football. The Classic Canadian version of the game keeps all of the elements of Game Winning Drive that you've come to know and love. However, we've added a slight wrinkle to the classic version that replicates each team's ability to play with a lead, or play from behind to further increase the realism of the Canadian game.

Today we announce the release of the 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980 and 1983 season year books for GWD Classic Canadian Football.

Game Winning Drive Football allows you to quickly play a game between two teams while capturing the entire ebb and flow of Canadian football. With Game Winning Drive, you’ll be able to “see” teams grind it out on the ground, or throw all over the field for scores. The defensive side of the football is not neglected in Game Winning Drive, as you’ll “see” great defenses in action, and directly impact the game.

As in real football, special teams play and turnovers have an impact in Game Winning Drive Football. You’ll “see” the impact of a short field for the opposing team after an interception or fumble. The dangerous Kick Returner’s and Punt Returner’s are a factor in Game Winning Drive. The kicking game which is such a key element in Canadian Football. No other quick-play game covers all of the elements of football like Game Winning Drive.

While other quick-play games give you a final result, Game Winning Drive tells the “story” of the game. You’ll know precisely why a team wins or loses a contest. Also, unlike other quick playing games, Game Winning Drive adds many strategy elements to add to the realism and excitement of the game.

Do you go for it on 3rd down? Do you go for the 2 pt conversion for the win, or kick the PAT for a tie? Do you try for an onside kick, or hope that your defense can shut down the offense for one final drive? With Game Winning Drive, the decisions are yours. There isn’t another quick-playing football game in the market that allows your coaching decisions to impact the game.

While your decisions may impact the game, your players on the field will ultimately determine the success of your team over the course of a season. Game Winning Drive Football factors each team’s offensive and defensive strengths and weaknesses. Each team is rated for scoring, Rushing, Passing, Kicking, Punting, Fumbles and Interceptions on the offensive side. On the defensive side of the ball, each team is rated for Overall Defense, Defensive Strength, 3rd Down Defense, Fumble recoveries, and Interceptions.

Rick, Phil, and I think you’ll find Game Winning Drive to be the most comprehensive quick-play football game on the market.

As with all of our Game Winning Drive editions, everything you need to play is included. (You'll need a pair of six-sided dice if you purchase the e-book version).

The printed versions feature full-color, die-cut team cards, full game rules, score sheets, dice and a sturdy game box.

You can purchase the E-Book versions here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_6_84

The printed versions can be purchased here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_2_85

G HladyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Announcing Classic Canadian Football  PostPosted: Jan 12, 2018 - 02:38 PM

Yes I agree would be nice if this game was updated

galarilOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Announcing Classic Canadian Football  PostPosted: Jan 20, 2018 - 12:09 AM

I guess not.

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Announcing Classic Canadian Football  PostPosted: Jan 20, 2018 - 03:22 AM
Site Admin

galaril wrote:
I guess not.

Sorry. We have a LOT going on at the moment. I'll look into this later. If we do it, it will be more of a labor of love than anything else. As you mentioned early it isn't a big seller.

G HladyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Announcing Classic Canadian Football  PostPosted: Jan 20, 2018 - 11:04 AM

Sorry. We have a LOT going on at the moment. I'll look into this later. If we do it, it will be more of a labor of love than anything else. As you mentioned early it isn't a big seller.
[/quote]

I sure hope you do the labor of love thing, would love to see the game continued

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Announcing Classic Canadian Football  PostPosted: Feb 09, 2018 - 11:47 PM
Site Admin

G Hlady wrote:

I sure hope you do the labor of love thing, would love to see the game continued

You have your wish. We released 4 seasons today. If there is any interest at all, we will do more. If not, well, at least you got 4 more seasons. Laughing

G HladyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Announcing Classic Canadian Football  PostPosted: Feb 10, 2018 - 12:45 AM

Thanks so much just bought them

Jump to: