Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 208 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
· POTG Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Hockey 2018 NHL Available (Apr 11, 2018)
· Final Score Hockey 2017-18 Universe Released (Apr 11, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Easter Sale Begins (Mar 26, 2018)
· RLB 2018 NCAA Tournament Year Book Available (Mar 14, 2018)
· Player of the Game 2018 NCAA Year Book Available (Mar 12, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rickertOffline
Post subject: interesting game  PostPosted: Jul 05, 2007 - 09:00 PM

I put the 55 Dodgers against the 2007 Dodgers using the cards for this game that I posted earlier today. It proved to be a good battle.

Brooklyn 000 101 010 - 3 10 2
Los Angeles 000 000 010 - 1 4 1
WP - Carl Erskine. Save - Bob Milliken. LP - Brad Penny.

Brooklyn scored in the fourth when Junior Gilliam singled and Jackie Robinson walked. One out later Duke Snider singled them home. They made it 2-0 in the sixth on a walk to Gilliam and singles by Robinson and Carl Furillo. The Bums took a 3-0 lead in the eighth and chased Penny on singles by Gilliam, Robinson and Snider. Penny pitched well though, giving up eight singles and no extra base hits in 7 innings. He walked four and fanned four.

L.A. got on the board and chased Erskine in the eighth. Matt Kemp walked. Two outs later a run scored on Erskine's two-base throwing error. Erskine, obviously rattled, walked Jeff Kent so he was replaced by Bob Milliken, who retired Nomar Garciaparra on a ground out. L.A. rallied briefly in the ninth when James Loney tripled against Brooklyn closer Clem Labine. But Labine retired pinch-hitter Wilson Betemit and Kemp to end the game. Erskine gave up three hits, walked four, hit a batter and fanned six in 7.2.

This was a lot of fun.

Reply with quote Back to top
Dave_BartonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 06, 2007 - 06:59 AM

How long (real-time) does it take to play a full game?

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Retro_Wrestling_Games/

bozine1947Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 06, 2007 - 02:23 PM

rick

excellant cards
you do good work

rickertOffline
Post subject: thank you and...  PostPosted: Jul 06, 2007 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for the kind words. The cards are fun to make and even more to play. This is such a great concept with players rated for abilities instead of stats. My only wish is that pitching played a somewhat bigger role. But I grew up playing Cadaco All-Star where there was no pitching so this is far better than that in one respect. I will have more teams that I'll post. I'm about done with the 71 Pirates.

As for game length, to answer another question, it takes less than 30 minutes to play. I'd love to get more peoplew interested in the game so more teams could be rated and shared.

rickertOffline
Post subject: an offensive explosion  PostPosted: Jul 07, 2007 - 03:47 PM

The 83 Braves visited the 71 Pirates.

Braves 000 013 100 - 5 8 3
Pirates 000 200 63x - 11 11 2
WP- Briles. LP - Perez.

The Pirates had two homers, Roberto Clemente with a two-run shot and Manny Sanguillen with a three-run blast. Pittsburgh had just one hit through six innings before the roof caved in on Braves starter Pascual Perez and three relievers.

Claudell Washington had a three-run homer for the Braves and Dale Murphy had three hits, all singles. Nellie Briles relieved after six innings down 4-2 but gave up just one run in pitching the final three innings.

jdowneyadminOffline
Post subject: Re: thank you and...  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2007 - 03:46 PM
Site Admin

rickert wrote:
This is such a great concept with players rated for abilities instead of stats. My only wish is that pitching played a somewhat bigger role. But I grew up playing Cadaco All-Star where there was no pitching so this is far better than that in one respect.

I think that my original "advertising" for this game probably sold it short in some areas. I think the gaming population read the description and wrote this game off as a simple kids game. There is a LOT going on under the hood with the game. It is simple enough for a child to play. But, it's also deep enough for any hard core baseball fan.

As for the pitching aspect of the game, I think the batter-pitcher interface is well done. A pitcher can have a big impact on the game. And every at-bat starts with the pitcher. The difference between a STAR pitcher with good control is quite noticeable compared to an AVG pitcher with Average control after playing a few games.

And while the players are rated upon ability, with the correct ratings, you can "nail down" any player fairly close.

I'm glad to hear that some do enjoy the game. And I love seeing the created teams. I've had contact through email with another player who plans to share some of his team creations, and they sound fantastic.

jdowneyadminOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: thank you and...  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2007 - 04:24 PM
Site Admin

I just uploaded Rick's 1971 Pirates with the picture of Bob Johnson added.

Again, this is Rick's work. I only added a picture. Smile

Jump to: