Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 143 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ReinerOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Scoring Chart  PostPosted: Apr 11, 2018 - 11:36 AM

Im still not sure about the Home Field Ratings.I saw in the Rules of UQ Pro Basketball,that a home team with a -1/1 Rating plays real bad at Home Games.If im right,this Rating subtracts one from the Home Team,and also one from the Guest Team?
Shouldnt it be a Plus one for the Guest Team?To show how bad the Home Team plays

Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Scoring Chart  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2018 - 12:59 AM
Site Admin

Reiner wrote:
Im still not sure about the Home Field Ratings.I saw in the Rules of UQ Pro Basketball,that a home team with a -1/1 Rating plays real bad at Home Games.If im right,this Rating subtracts one from the Home Team,and also one from the Guest Team?
Shouldnt it be a Plus one for the Guest Team?To show how bad the Home Team plays

I sent you an email on this. But, in case anyone else has a similar question.

The number to the left is the modifier for the home team. The number to the right is the modifier for the visitors.

So, your question is about -1/1.

We modify the home team by -1. And modify the visitors by 1.

So, for a simple example. Both teams have a modified rating of C after factoring the BAT and PIT ratings.

The visiting team gets a modifier of 1. So, they become a "D". The home team has a modifier of -1, so they become a "B".

DavePOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2018 - 01:31 AM

I think some of the confusion (I've had it myself) comes from playing the other UQ games. There isn't one set of rules for all the games. Ignore the other games and just apply the rules in UQ Baseball exactly as written. Don't overthink it.

So for home field advantage in UQ Baseball, you're modifying the home/visitor ratings by whatever the number is. A 1 adds to the rating, -1 subtracts from the rating, regardless if it's for the home team or the visitors. That's all there's to it.

Examples from a college baseball set, going from best to worst:

--Randolph Macon had a 32-6-1 record. They have a home field advantage rating of 1/0--adding one their rating, the visitor's rating stays the same.

--Neumann had a 19-19 record. Their rating is 0/0, no advantage or disadvantage for them playing at home.

--Coe had a 18-25 record. They are 0/1. No change for them, the visiting team has 1 added to their rating.

--Emerson, 4-31 record. Their rating is -1/1. Subtract one from their rating, add one to the visitor's rating.

Hopefully I'm explaining this right--if someone knows better please jump in and correct me.

ReinerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 14, 2018 - 03:14 PM

You are right.I also play a lot of the other UQ Gamrs.So it gets a bit confusing with different rules.I want to thank Jeff and Dave for the help Smile

Tom HeilmanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 24, 2018 - 05:37 PM

But I am still confused. Jeff posted the following:

"The number to the right is applied to the visiting team and is subtracted from their rating. "

So shouldn't that 1 to the right of the slash be subtracted, not added? And if the 1 on the right side of a slash is a -1, and it is subtracted, does it then become a +1?

Tom Heilman

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 24, 2018 - 06:02 PM
Site Admin

Tom Heilman wrote:
But I am still confused. Jeff posted the following:

"The number to the right is applied to the visiting team and is subtracted from their rating. "

So shouldn't that 1 to the right of the slash be subtracted, not added? And if the 1 on the right side of a slash is a -1, and it is subtracted, does it then become a +1?

Tom Heilman

I split this from the original thread, so there is no longer any confusion.

This is how it is played out:

The number to the left is the modifier for the home team. The number to the right is the modifier for the visitors.

So, your question is about -1/1.

We modify the home team by -1. And modify the visitors by 1.

So, for a simple example. Both teams have a modified rating of C after factoring the BAT and PIT ratings.

The visiting team gets a modifier of 1. So, they become a "D". The home team has a modifier of -1, so they become a "B".

Tom HeilmanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 27, 2018 - 07:29 AM

Ok. While I do understand your posting, I'm still curious as to why the method operates differently for UQ Baseball.
UQ Baseball uses the same system as Final Score Hockey and Final Score Football, I believe, and in those games the rules clearly state that the number to the right of the slash is ALWAYS subtracted from the Visitor's rating, the caps included in the rules to emphasize the point.
So, why in UQ Baseball, do we add the number to the right of the slash to modify the Visitor's rating?

In your example:

--Emerson, 4-31 record. Their rating is -1/1. Subtract one from their rating, add one to the visitor's rating.

...using the same method as in Final Score Hockey and Football, you would not add 1 to the Visitor's rating but would subtract 1. I understand that they are different games, but they have the exact same setup.

Tom H.

Jump to: