Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 171 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· UQ Baseball 2018 MLB Season Released (Nov 12, 2018)
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DavePOffline
Post subject: Fast Action Racing mech check question  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2018 - 09:42 AM

Trying to get back up to speed with FAR, and I ran into something last night I'm unsure about. When spots open up on the display board during the Mech segment, the drivers off the board fill the empty slots, provided they can pass a Mech check. Do you keep cycling through drivers until the spot is filled? I had a driver get a red Mech lapped marker on his first try, the drivers behind him all failed the check, and he ended up being the only driver left off the board, with the empty slot on the board still unfilled. Does he try again? Or does he wait and fill the slot during the Green flag segment?

Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: Fast Action Racing mech check question  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2018 - 05:00 PM
Site Admin

DaveP wrote:
Trying to get back up to speed with FAR, and I ran into something last night I'm unsure about. When spots open up on the display board during the Mech segment, the drivers off the board fill the empty slots, provided they can pass a Mech check. Do you keep cycling through drivers until the spot is filled? I had a driver get a red Mech lapped marker on his first try, the drivers behind him all failed the check, and he ended up being the only driver left off the board, with the empty slot on the board still unfilled. Does he try again? Or does he wait and fill the slot during the Green flag segment?

If all of the drivers 37-43 fail the check, then the space is going to be occupied by the first car that is "lapped". In this scenario, it will probably be the car that was removed from the board initially. Unless he was retired.

DavePOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2018 - 06:10 PM

I think my question was less then clear, so I'll just lay out the specific scenario:

--41 drivers at the start of the race, so 5 are off the track display.

--During the Mech segment, the first driver selected failed the check and retired, so one empty spot opened up on the board.

--Checking the five off-display drivers to fill the open spot, the first driver's roll equals his Mech rating, so he gets a red Lapped marker. The remaining four drivers fail the check and have to retire.

--So there is one open spot and one off-display driver with a red Lapped marker. This driver fills the open spot, because (obviously) there isn't anyone with a higher priority off the board. Correct?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2018 - 07:41 PM
Site Admin

DaveP wrote:
I think my question was less then clear, so I'll just lay out the specific scenario:

--41 drivers at the start of the race, so 5 are off the track display.

--During the Mech segment, the first driver selected failed the check and retired, so one empty spot opened up on the board.

--Checking the five off-display drivers to fill the open spot, the first driver's roll equals his Mech rating, so he gets a red Lapped marker. The remaining four drivers fail the check and have to retire.

--So there is one open spot and one off-display driver with a red Lapped marker. This driver fills the open spot, because (obviously) there isn't anyone with a higher priority off the board. Correct?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

Yes, the driver with the red lapped marker fills the spot. He's the only one left off the board.

Jump to: