Main Menu
· Home

Contents
· Forums
· Downloads
· Our Reviews
· Search
· SGD and TSW Archives
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy


Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
Online
There are 146 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· TV Pro Wrestling Expansion 6 Released (Aug 12, 2017)
· TV Pro Wrestling Expansion 5 Released (Aug 12, 2017)
· Ultra Quick MMA 2017 Available (Jul 25, 2017)
· tabletop-sports.com Update (Jun 21, 2017)
· 2017 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 08, 2017)
· 2017 Ultra Quick Wrestling Available (May 15, 2017)
· 2017 NBA Available for POTG Basketball (Apr 21, 2017)
· 2017 NHL Available for Ultra Quick Hockey (Apr 21, 2017)
· 2017 NBA Available for Real/Life Basketball Classic (Apr 20, 2017)
· Final Score Hockey 2017 Universe Available (Apr 19, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject: Had to re-do password  PostPosted: May 17, 2017 - 08:09 AM



Joined: Sep 25, 2005
Posts: 436
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline
Hidy gang--

I just now had to get a new password on here because the system refused to acknowledge my old one. Has this happened to anyone else?
Could any moderator fill me in as to why this happened?
I tried multiple times over the last few weeks to get in using the old password, but to no avail.

Any response would be appreciated.

_________________
Marty Klestadt

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Jeff NicholsonOffline
Post subject: RE: Had to re-do password  PostPosted: May 17, 2017 - 01:47 PM



Joined: Aug 21, 2014
Posts: 363

Status: Offline
I haven't had to get a new password but just within the last couple of weeks or so my browser has started to give me messages that the login is not secure. That message had never appeared previously. I don't know if the message is related to the site, or maybe a browser upgrade that occurs periodically (Opera).

Jeff
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: Had to re-do password  PostPosted: May 18, 2017 - 12:22 AM
Site Admin


Joined: May 05, 2012
Posts: 968

Status: Offline
HoustonRules wrote:
Hidy gang--

I just now had to get a new password on here because the system refused to acknowledge my old one. Has this happened to anyone else?
Could any moderator fill me in as to why this happened?
I tried multiple times over the last few weeks to get in using the old password, but to no avail.

Any response would be appreciated.


No idea. We didn't do anything on this end.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Had to re-do password  PostPosted: May 18, 2017 - 12:26 AM
Site Admin


Joined: May 05, 2012
Posts: 968

Status: Offline
Jeff Nicholson wrote:
I haven't had to get a new password but just within the last couple of weeks or so my browser has started to give me messages that the login is not secure. That message had never appeared previously. I don't know if the message is related to the site, or maybe a browser upgrade that occurs periodically (Opera).

Jeff


The unsecure message is something that Google has implemented. Any of the browsers based on Chromium or Mozilla (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and many others) will display the message because we do not use SSL on this site. Google though, by the kindness of the hearts will sell you an SSL layer, and the email me at least 3 times a week stating such.

It's a message board, no financial information is taking place. So, there is no real need for SSL here.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Brian4444Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2017 - 04:31 AM



Joined: Apr 27, 2009
Posts: 306

Status: Offline
What exactly is a ssl? Thanks ----Brian.
 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2017 - 04:46 AM
Site Admin


Joined: May 05, 2012
Posts: 968

Status: Offline
Brian4444 wrote:
What exactly is a ssl? Thanks ----Brian.


Secure Socket Layer.

When you go to some sites it will show https://, rather than http://
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Jeff NicholsonOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Had to re-do password  PostPosted: May 19, 2017 - 07:50 PM



Joined: Aug 21, 2014
Posts: 363

Status: Offline
Downey Games wrote:
The unsecure message is something that Google has implemented. Any of the browsers based on Chromium or Mozilla (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and many others) will display the message because we do not use SSL on this site. Google though, by the kindness of the hearts will sell you an SSL layer, and the email me at least 3 times a week stating such.

It's a message board, no financial information is taking place. So, there is no real need for SSL here.


Thank you for the update. I couldn't figure out why it had started to happen.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Had to re-do password  PostPosted: May 21, 2017 - 06:56 AM



Joined: Sep 25, 2005
Posts: 436
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline
Thanks for the responses, guys. I still have no clue what happened to me, as I use Microsoft Edge for my browser.
But thanks to the system that is in place on the site, it was not as difficult as I had feared to get the new password. It's all good now.

_________________
Marty Klestadt

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Display posts from previous:     
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 The PNphpBB Group
Credits
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest (c) 1998-2012 by Jeff Downey and Tabletop-sports.com
theme © by narodniki.com