· SGD and TSW Archives
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 159 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· tabletop-sports.com Update (Jun 21, 2017)
· 2017 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 08, 2017)
· 2017 Ultra Quick Wrestling Available (May 15, 2017)
· 2017 NBA Available for POTG Basketball (Apr 21, 2017)
· 2017 NHL Available for Ultra Quick Hockey (Apr 21, 2017)
· 2017 NBA Available for Real/Life Basketball Classic (Apr 20, 2017)
· Final Score Hockey 2017 Universe Available (Apr 19, 2017)
· 2017 Easter Sale Begins! (Apr 11, 2017)
· HR Derby Original TV Show Set Released (Mar 20, 2017)
· 2017 POTG College Basketball Year Book Available (Mar 15, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject: History Maker Golf Exhibition Tournaments  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2017 - 03:16 AM

Hidy, all! This will be a series of four one-off tournaments using History Maker Golf's Tournament Mode. I'll have the top 52 (with a little poetic license) All-Time Great Golfers, and then the top 52 of the 2000s Stars each play a tournament at Augusta (Masters), and then both sets of golfers will each play a tournament at TPC Sawgrass (Players' Championship).

...After the third round, there are ten contenders still in the hunt (within six strokes of the leader). Lee Trevino had a conflict with some other golfer, and is starting the day as STORMY. Lloyd Mangrum's intangibles are working for him, and he starts the day with EXTRA CONTROL. This being a simulated Masters, I am giving all golfers with a Tournament Rating of 1 LUCKY and EXTRA CONTROL.

Here is the leaderboard:

Lee Trevino -5
Lloyd Mangrum -5
Jim Furyk -4
Jack Nicklaus -3
Sam Snead -3
Arnold Palmer -3
Tiger Woods -3
Gary Player -3
Ben Hogan -3
Dutch Harrison -2 (He had an outstanding first couple of rounds, but not nearly as good a round on Saturday.)

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

Last edited by HoustonRules on Mar 23, 2017 - 04:28 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject: RE: History Maker Golf Exhibition Tournaments  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2017 - 03:25 AM

Quick update: The leaders have just reached the twelfth tee at Augusta in the final round, and it's been quite interesting so far.
I used the regular method from the Tournament Mode rules for the first three rounds, but I quick-simmed (using the Out-Of-Contention-Golfers chart) the fourth round up until the leaders reached the tenth tee, since SI and Golf Digest writer Dan Jenkins always says that a tournament doesn't start until the leaders reach the tenth tee in the final round.
Though it's only been a couple of holes since then, it's amazing to see how the hole's qualities and golfers qualities show themselves in this game, using Keith Avallone's excellent narrative. The golfers are playing as they should, and the holes are as well. The sixteenth hole at Augusta in particular is quite recognizable. This is pure fun!

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2017 - 04:38 AM

At the point that the leaders going into Sunday reached the tenth tee, Tiger Woods had taken over the lead, but he didn't hold it for long.
Sam Snead had been only down by a stroke, and he took over the lead by one when Tiger got a par on 14 and Snead got an eagle on 13.
Snead then increased his lead over Tiger and the field to three strokes as Tiger bogeyed 15 and Snead birdied 14.
After that, no one got closer than within two strokes of Snead, and Sam Snead wins my invitational Masters exhibition.

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2017 - 04:42 AM

Final leaderboard:

Sam Snead -9
Arnold Palmer -6
Lloyd Mangrum -5
Tiger Woods -4
Gary Player -4
Jack Nicklaus -3
Lee Trevino -3
Ben Hogan -1
Dutch Harrison E
Jim Furyk E

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2017 - 05:18 AM

Next event is another simulated Masters, this time with the 2000s Stars that came with the game.
Phil Mickelson and Jim Furyk both had a horrible first round, and would go on to miss the cut. Mark Calcavecchia had the lead after Thursday and Friday, but shot a 74 on Saturday, and going into Sunday found himself only on the fringe of contention in twelfth place.
Mike Weir's intangibles are working for him, and he is SUNNY. Kenny Perry is in a bad mood to start the day, and he is STORMY. I have all golfers with a Tournament Rating of 1 as LUCKY and having EXTRA CONTROL.
...and who has the lead as we begin the fourth round? It's the man who just won the real Masters, Sergio Garcia!

Sergio Garcia -5
Tiger Woods -4
Mike Weir -4
Davis Love III -4
Ernie Els -2
Padraig Harrington -2
Geoff Ogilvy -2
Kenny Perry -2

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

HoustonRulesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 17, 2017 - 08:18 AM

Well, Ernie Els ended up winning this one in a playoff over Mike Weir. Weir got a bogey on the playoff hole, and Els saved his par to win it.

Sorry that I don't have the full results, but I had password issues with this site. The site refused to acknowledge my password (I tried multiple times over a few weeks but to no avail), and I had to get a new one. My scoresheet with the full results is now buried in the game box and I can't dig it out at the moment.

Next Tournament will be a simulated Players' Championship with the All-Time Greats. Stay tuned.

Eat 'em up Coogs!

\ n / /

Jump to: