· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 204 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Year Book released for HardBall Wars (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 PGA Tour Released for POTG Golf (Sep 27, 2017)
· Ultra Quick Wrestling 1960's Eastern Territory Available (Sep 22, 2017)
· Solheim Cup Year Books Released for POTG Golf (Aug 22, 2017)
· UQW 1965-1980 CWA and GCW Year Book Released (Aug 18, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Matt FortinOffline
Post subject: Fast Action Racing Feedback  PostPosted: Jan 08, 2017 - 05:02 PM

Here is my feedback for Fast Action Racing

I love:

-The excitement every single race brings from start to finish
-The possibility of underdogs winning
-The high number of cards included (2015 stock car)
-The different rating categories
-The track impact on mechanical and contact racing
-The race segments
-The realistic ratings
-The challenges

I would suggest adding :

-Ratings for drivers based on tracks. For example, some drivers are better on road courses, restrictor plates, short track... I think this could be done like in Ultra Quick Wrestling where you have modifiers. Each drivers could have track modifiers and you would add or substract from their rating at specific tracks.

-Add crew chiefs and owners. I believe stock car is a team effort. Owners and crew chiefs can do as much impact as a driver. If you have crew chief and owners in the game, you can add that aspect and bring the game to what would be basically 100% real. (It is still 99% real right now!)

My opinion on the game:

Addictive. Once you start playing, you always think about your next game. I could even suggest you decide on a specific amount of time you will limit yourself to playing otherwise it can take over the rest of your activities as much as it is fun. Every aspect of racing is included in the game, from driver ratings on racetrack, mechanical and contact avoidance, as well as pit crew. This goes further with the green flags and yellow flags, which give you the impression the race you are simulating is as real as the real ones.

Reply with quote Back to top
rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2017 - 06:00 PM

I agree with most of your opinions. I don't think that owners have a place in the game. Their impact has generally ended by the time the season begins and certainly they have very little impact on a race by race basis. Also, I think adding performance bonus and penalties for certain types of tracks would be a math nightmare and make the game not nearly as much fun. I am glad you enjoy the game though.

milwchampOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2017 - 12:24 PM

I am a life long Indycar fan and have been going back and forth for over a year on whether or not to try this game. I have a race game which rates drivers in four different type tracks that I can play in 30 minutes max.
Having full play baseball ,football and hockey games already in my rotation keeps me from pulling the trigger on a longer playing game.
I am retired , but time can still be limited....lol

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2017 - 12:37 PM

You might want to stick with your game depending o how many season are offered and if it gives you the level of detail you seek. FAR is very highlights oriented. Plays in no more than 30 minutes and often less. There are a ton of ways to play it with open wheel and stock car. My next purchase wil be the Indy greats set. I live less than 60 minutes from Indianapolis Motor Speedway and running races with the greats I have seen on that track since I was 8 years old is too good to pass up.

Jump to: