· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 138 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2017 Ultra Quick College Football Available (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 College Football Universe Available for Final Score (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale Extended 24 hours (Nov 25, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale at Downey Games (Nov 21, 2017)
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Year Book released for HardBall Wars (Oct 02, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bookloverOffline
Post subject: Coach Solitaire for Paydirt  PostPosted: Jan 20, 2017 - 03:15 PM

After many years away from my several sports board games (Paydirt/Data Driven football/BLM baseball and a few golf games) I have gotten the urge to play them again.
BLM baseball is easy to pick up and I have always maintained it was/is the "Gold Standard" of baseball games if for no other reason that it is based on Pitcher vs. Batter ratings on separate player cards.
Would love to hear from any BLM players out there.
Picking back up any of the football games, especially at 70 years old, is a challenge.
The dilemma for me whether it was Avalon Hill's original version of the game or Red Zone or Paydirt was how to play it solitaire. I devised my own home grown method of solitaire but just before I stopped playing I had ordered from Owzat Games Production, a European company if I recall, the subject "Coach Solitaire for Paydirt" Rules etc. I also ordered "Fast Action Football" as, I had hoped, a quicker and less complicated game than Paydirt.
Well, I could not understand "Coach Solitaire" and was too impatient to completely read the rules for Fast Action and shortly after gave up playing.
Now that I have the "Bug" again I have forgotten the Solitaire method I had created and wonder if anyone out there plays Fast Action Football and/or uses "Coach Solitaire" and can help me understand either one.
If you are out there, please respond on this site whether you are willing to somehow exchange e-mail addresses or better yet phone numbers to discuss this issue further.
Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: