· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 189 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
· POTG Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Hockey 2018 NHL Available (Apr 11, 2018)
· Final Score Hockey 2017-18 Universe Released (Apr 11, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Easter Sale Begins (Mar 26, 2018)
· RLB 2018 NCAA Tournament Year Book Available (Mar 14, 2018)
· Player of the Game 2018 NCAA Year Book Available (Mar 12, 2018)
· 2018 NCAA Available for UQ College Basketball (Mar 12, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ReinerOffline
Post subject: The Early Years  PostPosted: Dec 29, 2016 - 05:19 PM

Hi All :O)

Im quite new to the Game.I want to start a Early Years Fed.But i dont have much infomations about that Time.
Which Feds were active during that Period?
And how i divide the Wrestlers in the Set to that Promotions?
Hope that somebody can help me out with that

Thanks in advance,
Reiner

Reply with quote Back to top
Matt FortinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 30, 2016 - 09:33 AM

Hi,

I do not have a lot of knowledge about the early years, but from what I understand, back then all federations were part of NWA. You can go on Wikipedia and look at the list of National Wrestling Alliance Territories, and you will see a map that shows all the different feds based on their region. As far as which wrestlers were part of which territory, I believe that there was a lot of movement back then as wrestlers would go from territory to territory. You can assign wrestlers randomly to different territories and have them move around.

Good luck with your Early Years Fed!

FrankCOffline
Post subject: Early Years Federations  PostPosted: Dec 30, 2016 - 11:56 AM

This was a time of turmoil for the promoters who were constantly trying to invade other territories.

The NWA, The AWA East and the AWA Midwest and the Pacific Coast were all competing Federations.

Hornbaker's book National Wresling Alliance spends more time discussing the battles between promoters than the battles between wrestlers. In spite of the promoters battles many very good wrestlers competed. Contracts were not quite as binding as today so wrestlers would show up in the AWA and a week later in the NWA.

If you set your wrestlers in one of the four Federations you will be representing your Feds as they were in real life.

ReinerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 30, 2016 - 03:42 PM

Matt Fortin wrote:
Hi,

I do not have a lot of knowledge about the early years, but from what I understand, back then all federations were part of NWA. You can go on Wikipedia and look at the list of National Wrestling Alliance Territories, and you will see a map that shows all the different feds based on their region. As far as which wrestlers were part of which territory, I believe that there was a lot of movement back then as wrestlers would go from territory to territory. You can assign wrestlers randomly to different territories and have them move around.

Good luck with your Early Years Fed!

That sounds good.Thanks for your help Matt :O)

ReinerOffline
Post subject: Re: Early Years Federations  PostPosted: Dec 30, 2016 - 03:53 PM

FrankC wrote:
This was a time of turmoil for the promoters who were constantly trying to invade other territories.

The NWA, The AWA East and the AWA Midwest and the Pacific Coast were all competing Federations.

Hornbaker's book National Wresling Alliance spends more time discussing the battles between promoters than the battles between wrestlers. In spite of the promoters battles many very good wrestlers competed. Contracts were not quite as binding as today so wrestlers would show up in the AWA and a week later in the NWA.

If you set your wrestlers in one of the four Federations you will be representing your Feds as they were in real life.

Thank you for your help Frank :O)
This Set is a big Adventure for me.I started watching Wrestling in 1989.Before that time,we had no Wrestling at all here on German Television.I said that before:You can think about Hulk Hogan what you want.You have to give the man credit.Hulkamania did open the Doors wide for Wrestling in Countries all over the World.
Three years ago,is started playing Legends of Wrestling by Filsinger Games.So i at least find some familar Names in the Set.Wrestlers like Johnny Valentine,Buddy Rogers,Lou Thesz(i started reading "Hooker" a few days ago.That Book is very enjoyful so far.Also bought the NWA Book from Tim Hornbaker.And you are right,lof of Business and Politics sadly :O( )

ReinerOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Early Years Federations  PostPosted: Dec 30, 2016 - 03:58 PM

Which Promotions are included in the AWA East and AWA Midwest?
And are there also Promotions with own ´regional Belts,aside of the NWA Titles.
I would like to go with the Territories,that are named in the Broadcasting Section.
So Chicago(Fred Kohler?),Toronto(Maple Leaf Wrestling by Jack Tunney?),New York(?) and California(NWA Hollywood?)

FrankCOffline
Post subject: Federations  PostPosted: Dec 31, 2016 - 07:42 AM

The AWA and The AWA East were competitors. Actually the AWA East was slightly more popular because they had a longer range of TV Broadcasting.

Toronto was a neutral site and would include AWA, AWA East and NWA stars all on the same card. I think you shoud simply divide the cards into 4 piles and go with the wrestlers at random. Have fun without trying too hard to duplicate to a point of frustration.

Some early TV stations and commentators;

St. Nicholas Arena, NYC - Dennis James, Bill Malone,Morris Siegal on (Dumont WABD-TV.) Also Sunnyside Gardens and Jersey City Armory, Philadelphia Arena, Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ

Chicago Stadium - Jack Brickhouse, Russ Davis, Vince Lloyd also Midway Arena (WNR-TV).Minneapolis Auditorium

Grand Olympic Auditorium - Dick Lane, Jimmy Lennon

Barton St. Arena, Hamilton, Ontario - Vince Lloyd, Russ Davis

Edwards Hall, Miami, FL -

Most Shows were House Shows at schools, mills and any inddor area that a ring could be set up.

I agree about Hulk Hogan. He was the reason that wrestling came out of the closet and became popular so the millions. He tarnished his name in later life by not using his common sense. Still that should not take away the excitement that he generated when he enetered an arena.

ReinerOffline
Post subject: RE: Federations  PostPosted: Dec 31, 2016 - 02:57 PM

Like i said,this Set is a Big Adventure for me.I thought the AWA was founded in 1960.So AWA East refers to Tri State and Capitol Wrestlin
Currently im trying to do theExcel Sheet for all of my Sets.To sort them by name and Ratings.My first idea was to do a mixed era Promotion.Do you maybe already did such a List?

Matt FortinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 31, 2016 - 06:55 PM

I agree with you both on Hulk Hogan. I started watching wrestling in late 1990 and I am happy to have witnessed Hulkamania as it was bigger than everything else that ever happened in wrestling. I hear some people talk about how The Undertaker is the greatest ever because of the streak, and how important he is to WrestleMania. But I believe there would be no Wrestlemania today if not for Hogan...

Frank, I was under the impression that the Toronto territory also had wrestlers from WWWF... I tought the Tunneys and McMahon always got along well, from Frank Tunney and Vince Sr. to Jack Tunney and Vince Jr...

FrankCOffline
Post subject: Feds  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2017 - 09:13 AM

Matt, In the early 50's the WWWF was not a Federation. The early strength of what would become the WWWF in the 60's was in New England and New York. It was the AWA East. In the Buffalo-Rochester area they were often referred to as Steel Belt. Steel Belt expanded to Toronto-Hamilton, Ohio and Pennsylvia and was seen each week on TV.

rotorheadOffline
Post subject: This might help  PostPosted: Jan 02, 2017 - 06:20 AM

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=160&page=16

Matt FortinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2017 - 01:51 PM

I see I still lot to learn in wrestling history! I was under the impression that the WWWF/WWF/WWE had been around for as long as wrestling existed...

FrankCOffline
Post subject: WWWF  PostPosted: Jan 03, 2017 - 09:23 AM

The WWWF became a Federation in 1963 with Vince Senior in charge. In the early 50's Capitol Wrestling was operating in New England and never ventured out of that region. It was the the predecessor to the WWWF in a very limited scale.

Matt FortinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2017 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for sharing the info. I looked online to find more about Capitol and realize they became WWWF when they got out of NWA. That makes sense as NWA members usually sticked to their territory and wouldnt go outside of it.

Jump to: