Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 220 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wgaedeOffline
Post subject: 2015 WEC Replay using World of Motor Racing  PostPosted: Oct 09, 2016 - 12:29 PM

Round 4 - 2015 WEC - Nurburgring

This is my replay of the 2015 WEC using the WOMR Le Mans module. The Race Control Sheets, modifications to the rules, and car playing piece images are located in the download section.

The two factory Porsches jump out into the lead and hold it through the first hour with a Toyota and the Audis rounding out the field. In the LMGTE Pro class the #99 Aston Martin loses an engine early after a win at Silverstone and a 3rd at Le Mans.

The weather stays warm and sunny as the #18 Porsche stays out in front with Dumas at the wheel. At the end of hour 2, the Audis are now running 2nd & 4th with a Toyota and another Porsche still on the lead lap.

Shortly into the third hour the #7 Audi starts loosing power while running 2nd and must pit, going 2 laps down. The #17 Porsche, with Webber now at the wheel, moves into 2nd. The Team SARD Morgan has a slight lead over G-Drive Racing's #26 in LMP2 while the #71 Ferrari now leads LMGTE Pro by a lap. Clouds are starting to roll in with the track remaining dry.

The drivers all settle in during the 4th hour, but there is now a chance of rain in the forecast.

In the first part of hour 5 Jarvis spins his Audi off the track and looses 1 lap getting out of the sand trap and another 3 while pitting for repairs. The Porsches continue to run strong stretching their lead to a lap over the #2 Toyota and #8 Audi. The LMP2 leading G-Drive Ligier brakes start to fade and the team must pit for repairs. That leave the team car and the KCMG Oreca to battle for the lead. The AF Corse Ferrari continues to lead in LMGTE Pro. At the end of hour 5, the chance or rain turns into a heavy downpour for the final hour.

The #18 Porsche, now driven by Lieb, makes a quick spin in the rain but maintains over his teammate. As we approach the 5:30 mark, Hartley must pit the #17 Porsche for a puncture and falls back to 3rd, behind the #2 Toyota. The #13 Rebellion and #30 Ligier also spin in the rain with the Rebellion out of the race. As the rain continues to fall the #18 Porsche takes the checkered flag with the #2 Toyota finishing 2nd on the lead lap. The #28 G-Drive Ligier take the LMP2 title with the #36 Signatech Alpine getting pat the Oreca in the late stages. The #71 Ferrari leads the LMGTE Pro class by a lap at the day.

LMP 1
18 Porsche 197 laps
2 Toyota 197 laps
17 Porsche 196 laps
7 Audi 196 laps
1 Toyota 194 laps

LMP 2
28 Ligier 188 laps
36 Alpine 188 laps
47 Oreca 187 laps
26 Ligier 186 laps
43 Morgan 186 laps

LMGTE Pro
71 Ferrari 180 laps
95 Aston Martin 179 laps
51 Ferrari 177 laps

Porsche leads the championship with 193 points over Toyota with 120 points
G-Drive leads the LMP 2 championship
Ferrari now has a 17 point lead over Aston Martin in LMGTE Pro

Reply with quote Back to top
milwchampOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2016 - 09:13 PM

Interesting looking results. Is this game relatively quick to play ? I finished my Indycar season and am looking for something for the winter.

wgaedeOffline
Post subject: 2015 WEC Replay using World of Motor Racing  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2016 - 02:09 AM

It takes me about 1 1/2 - 2 hours for the 6 hour race. But I have my TV on and not in a hurry. You might be able to get down to 60 + minutes depending on how detailed your note taking is. I usually play the Le Mans race in two or three sittings. In a 24 hour race you are checking for weather and incidents 24 times versus 6 using my 6 hour rules. The game comes with over 20 years of 24 hour races to play. I like the WEC replay project because it's only 8 races. I can easily do that in a year while playing a few of the older 24 hour events.

I'm interested if anyone has played the Indy car module of WOMR. I would like to do a "History of the 500" replay project. I have Avalon Hill's game and MotorSport but I'm always looking for something else. As I said before I like moving the little cars around a track even if slows down the game.

milwchampOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2016 - 08:28 AM

I've been playing Dialed in Racing for Indycar , but also used to love moving the cars around the track on the Avalon Hill Indy game.

Jump to: