· SGD and TSW Archives
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 169 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2017 NBA Available for POTG Basketball (Apr 21, 2017)
· 2017 NHL Available for Ultra Quick Hockey (Apr 21, 2017)
· 2017 NBA Available for Real/Life Basketball Classic (Apr 20, 2017)
· Final Score Hockey 2017 Universe Available (Apr 19, 2017)
· 2017 Easter Sale Begins! (Apr 11, 2017)
· HR Derby Original TV Show Set Released (Mar 20, 2017)
· 2017 POTG College Basketball Year Book Available (Mar 15, 2017)
· 2017 UQ College Hoops Available (Mar 13, 2017)
· FS College Basketball 2017 Season Available (Mar 13, 2017)
· Downey's Final Score College Basketball Released (Mar 12, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rickertOffline
Post subject: new TBG games with new cards  PostPosted: Jan 16, 2013 - 02:13 PM

Now that I have all of the chance and half chance cards, I took out my 2006-07 Premier League teams and blindly put them together for some matches.

Portsmouth 3 1 - 4
Totenham Hotspur 0 0 - 0
19 - Paramot (P) - Silly free kick conceded from 25 yards. Headed past GK
26 - Taylor (P) - Ball in behind defense. Shot driven in bottom corner
35 - Pedro Mendes (P) - Cleverly controlled by attacker. Shot hammered into roof.
73 - Taylor (P) - After flare up of a series of heavy tackles, free kick from 25 yards chipped into top corner.
Also, in 30 min, goal by Totenham's Defoe disallowed by ref.
Portsmouth 2YC, 2INJ, 3Half, 2Full
Totenham 1INJ, 3Half

Manchester City 1 1 - 2
Aston Villa 1 1 - 2
19 - Angel (AV) - Miscommunication between defense and GK. Attack slipped neatly past GK
42 - Triabelsi (MC) - Mishit clearance collected just on the edge of the area. Deflected by GK but still hits underside of bar and goes in
80 - Distin (MC) - Acrobatic overhead from corner goes high into top corner - Great Goal
83 - Angel (AV) - Defense tricked and shot given fro 20 yards. Drilled into bottom corner after defensive challenge
MC 2Half, 2Full
AV 1YC, 3Full

Reading 1 0 - 1
Bolton Wanderers 1 1 - 2
13 - Speed (BW) - Attacker sent sprawling as he attempted shot. Penalty kick into top corner
45+ - Ingimarsson (R) - Bad marking to free kick gives attacker free header. Neatly put into goal
81 - Anelka (BW) - diagonal pass cleverly concealed. Shot on turn goes in off bar.
Also, in second half, Reading goal disallowed for offside.

Reply with quote Back to top
everhatOffline
Post subject: RE: new TBG games with new cards  PostPosted: Jan 16, 2013 - 07:42 PM

After these games, how did you find the additional cards impacted the game?
I love the game and was thinking about getting some of these extra cards.

Also - do you stack them all in six stacks of nine cards or use some other variation?
I usually have one large stack of Chance and a large stack of Half Chance cards and count down the rolled number into the proper stack and use that card; I then have a discard pile for each for all of the cards passed over and used if that makes sense. I read this method somewhere and I like it a lot....

schlossOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: new TBG games with new cards  PostPosted: Jan 16, 2013 - 09:10 PM

everhat wrote:
After these games, how did you find the additional cards impacted the game?
I love the game and was thinking about getting some of these extra cards.

Also - do you stack them all in six stacks of nine cards or use some other variation?
I usually have one large stack of Chance and a large stack of Half Chance cards and count down the rolled number into the proper stack and use that card; I then have a discard pile for each for all of the cards passed over and used if that makes sense. I read this method somewhere and I like it a lot....

I use one large stack of Chance and one of Half Chance cards too - I don't even bother counting down the stacks. The cards are shuffled so additional acts of randomisation seem unnecessary. I simply flip over the top card of whichever stack the dice roll directs me to. I like to keep the game flowing as effortlessly as possible.

The additional cards don't impact the results of games but add a lot more 'colour'. Even though the original set was quite large, over time I found the play descriptions started to feel a little too familiar. I highly recommend getting hold of some of the new ones if you play the game quite often.

I have to say TBG is my all time favourite sport replay game ... and I own an almost pathologically huge number of sport replay games!

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 16, 2013 - 09:14 PM

I really like the new cards. Now that there are over 200 each of the chance and half chance cards, they have been able to put some unusual things in them and not have them come up too often.

I take all of the cards and put them into more or less six equal piles. Then I make one discard pile for the half chance and one for the chance. I don't shuffle them back together until I have played 6 to 10 matches.

This is still one of the best games I ever played. It gives me snapshots of the match, realistic results with a quick enough play time that I can play an entire season if I'd like without it taking a year or more of my time.

indianaiceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2013 - 01:56 AM

What I do is I have one stack for the Half Chance and one stack for the Full Chance. When I complete a game (You HAVE to play more than one!), I slip the cards back into the decks OR I play two or three games and then slip them back in. I do mix them up because shuffling is very difficult (Thickest card stock I have ever seen). I still have the original cards and due to expenses (still unemployed), I have not been able to purchase the latest.

Ed

gridironOffline
Post subject: TBG  PostPosted: Jun 11, 2016 - 12:19 PM

TBG is a great game and I highly suggest purchasing the extra half chance/goal attemot cards. Like a previous poster commented, you can play half a week's fixtures before any need to reshuffle. The ability to simply rate teams is amazing.

Jump to: