Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 202 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
· POTG Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chub9Offline
Post subject: gridiron wars vs. Mean gene's  PostPosted: Oct 14, 2015 - 05:48 PM

Hi,

I was looking for a football game that is fast playing, but still can give me the stats like rushing, passing, receiving etc. Which game is better for individual stats? I like quick play games, but enjoy more if there is some type of substance in them!

Walter

Reply with quote Back to top
milwchampOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 14, 2015 - 10:04 PM

Both games are pretty much equal as far as stats and time of play. The reason I lean towards Mean Genes just a bit is the "no shuffle" FAC.
Mean Gene takes about an hour with all the stats you want.

Chub9Offline
Post subject: Gridiron wars vs. Mean gene's  PostPosted: Oct 14, 2015 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the feedback. So there is really no difference between the two? I guess I am looking for pros and cons of both.

Thanks

Walter

milwchampOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 15, 2015 - 08:30 AM

Pro's for Mean Genes are the No Shuffle FAC , there are no pre-game calculations and the fact that every player on the field is rated.Mean Gene also plays a bit faster with no shortage of stats.

If you don't mind pre-game calculations for each player , then the fact that there are new passing changes which made passing more accurate is pretty cool. You can either adjust the player ratings play by play or pre-game.
Defenses are rated by unit not by player.

Hopefully others will chime in for you because I know GIW is very popular.

Chub9Offline
Post subject: gridiron wars vs. Mean gene's  PostPosted: Oct 15, 2015 - 01:52 PM

Thanks Milwchamp,

For your feedback.

Walter

BillSOffline
Post subject: RE: gridiron wars vs. Mean gene  PostPosted: Oct 15, 2015 - 02:10 PM

Walter, I can't help you with Mean Gene's, as I have not played it. I play GridIron Wars - a lot. For stats, you can get all of the offensive player stats you might want (rushing yards, passing yards, receiving yards, etc.). For defensive players, individual players are only rated for sacks and interceptions, as the defense in the game is more of a team concept. My understanding is that Mean Gene's rates individual defensive players as well, so you might be able to get tackle stats. Also, in GridIron Wars, you can produce individual special teams stats, such as punt and kickoff return yards, punting yardage, field goal percentage, etc. I assume you can do the same in Mean Gene's.

I have been tempted many times to buy Mean Gene's and give it a try. A lot of people speak highly of it. I never really pull the trigger on the purchase, though, because I like the team defense concept in GridIron Wars and am otherwise more than satisfied with game play.

Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: Re: Gridiron wars vs. Mean gene's  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2015 - 11:03 AM
Site Admin

Chub9 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. So there is really no difference between the two? I guess I am looking for pros and cons of both.

Thanks

Walter

I do not want there to be an impression that both games are similar, as they are not. There is a huge difference in the mechanics of both games. They could not be more different.

Where they are similar is that they both play rather quickly for a full play football game. And if you follow the replays that have been posted, both yield very good stats.

I tend to believe that GridIron Wars plays just a bit faster with the Fast Action Deck. But, that may also just be my own personal playing style. Mean Gene does offer more individuality in terms of the offensive lineman being rated, and individual defensive players. But, I also do not mind the team defense concept that is used in GridIron Wars.

You did not mention it, but Fast Action Football plays fastest for me. It also uses a team defense concept and a Fast Action Deck. I really like it a lot, especially when I want to play a couple of one off college games. I think it captures the game as if you are watching it, as good as any game I've played. The simplicity and not having to make calculations or adjustments, since they are built in, really appeals to me.

I am a biased source, so I will let others add to the pros and cons of each game. But, you really can not go wrong either way. They all play a solid game of football.

Jump to: