· SGD and TSW Archives
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 164 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· HR Derby Original TV Show Set Released (Mar 20, 2017)
· 2017 POTG College Basketball Year Book Available (Mar 15, 2017)
· 2017 UQ College Hoops Available (Mar 13, 2017)
· FS College Basketball 2017 Season Available (Mar 13, 2017)
· Downey's Final Score College Basketball Released (Mar 12, 2017)
· Time Travel Baseball Word Series Match-Ups 3 Available (Feb 22, 2017)
· 2016 Drag Racing Available (Feb 10, 2017)
· Downey's Final Score Canadian Football Released (Feb 08, 2017)
· 2016 NASCAR and IndyCar Year Books Available (Feb 02, 2017)
· POTG Tennis 2016 WTA Year Books Released (Feb 01, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Holyfield-Ibragimov Preview Using Data Boxing 6.0  PostPosted: Oct 06, 2007 - 03:02 PM

Evander Holyfield-Sultan Ibragimov Preview

Using the Data Boxing 6.0 fight simulator, here is my preview of the October 13th Evander Holyfield-Sultan Ibragimov bout in multiple sets of 100 bout series. Holyfield was represented with his 2003 ratings. Holyfield has since had corrective surgery on his shoulder and has adopted a new training philosophy for someone his age. In Data Boxing, the boxers’ ratings can be fine-tuned for any stage of their careers using the automated reduced/enhanced efficiency feature to account for positive and/or negative factors going into a bout. Keeping in mind the factors mentioned above that have enhanced Holyfield's efficiency, I used the Data Boxing's enhanced efficiency adjustment feature to play out a number of possibilities and approximate realism in these computer-simulated fights (I played out some hypotheticals using the reduced efficiency feature as well). Ibrigamov was represented with his 2006 ratings and I utilized the above to fine-tune Ibragimov’s ratings too in playing out various hypothetical possibilities. I invoked the Data Boxing test at the 1% level, which means that if a significant result was achieved, the series was terminated early. (Note: Adjustments are indicated with minus and plus signs. Where there are none, no adjustment was made and the ratings are not altered.)

The first series had Holyfield altered +1 since he had corrective surgery and complete rehabilitation on his shoulder that had bothered him before his comeback. A significant result was not achieved and the series went the distance...

Ibragimov/+1 Holyfield 54-29-17; 4-5KOs, 2-0TKOs

What if Ibragimov enters the ring out of shape?….

+1 Holyfield/-1 Ibragimov 44-43-13; 5-5KOs, 18-0TKOs

Another positive factor at the present time for Holyfield is a new training philosophy for someone his age. Holyfield cut back on the amount of training he had done in the past to prevent overtraining….

Ibragimov/+2 Holyfield 46-40-14; 3-6KOs, 1-5TKOs

+2 Holyfield/-1 Ibragimov 39-16-15; 8-3KOs, 16-0TKOs (series terminated early due to significant result achieved set at the 1% level.)

What if "Father Time" catches up to Holyfield in this particular fight? This series has Holyfield reduced -1...

Ibragimov/-1 Holyfield 33-13-5; 7-2KOs, 3-2TKOs (series terminated early when statistically significant result was achieved which was set at the 1% level.)

What if Ibragimov fights the fight of his life?…

+1 Ibragimov/Holyfield 55-29-9; 2-6KOs, 1-0TKOs (series terminated early due to significant result achieved @ 1% level.)

What if Ibragimov and Holyfield both bring their A game to the ring….

+1 Inbagimov/+2 Holyfield 48-41-11; 5-9KOs, 0-3TKOs

Analysis: Ibragimov does not take want to take Holyfield for granted. As determined as Holyfield is to win the title again, anything can happen. I think this will be a competitive fight and Holyfield could win the fight.

P.S. Don Mankowski, analyst/programmer for Data Boxing 6.0, discusses the analysis of results and the series of bouts test option at a couple of Delphi sites...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/tabletopsports/messages?msg=10442.4

http://forums.delphiforums.com/seasonspast/messages?msg=4165.31

"So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I fight to win. I'm not just shadow-boxing or playing around." (I Cor. 9:26)

Reply with quote Back to top
Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Holyfield vs. Ibragimov  PostPosted: Oct 08, 2007 - 11:45 PM

I plan to run another preview for the upcoming October 13th Holyfield-Ibragimov fight using the new updated Data Boxing ratings from Dr. Compton for Holyfield and Ibragimov (they are now available in the downloads section.) Stay tuned.

"So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I fight to win. I'm not just shadow-boxing or playing around." (I Cor. 9:26)

Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Holyfield vs. Ibragimov (Revised Preplay)  PostPosted: Oct 09, 2007 - 10:50 PM

Big_City wrote:
I plan to run another preview for the upcoming October 13th Holyfield-Ibragimov fight using the new updated Data Boxing ratings from Dr. Compton for Holyfield and Ibragimov (they are now available in the downloads section.) Stay tuned.

REVISED PREPLAY FOR HOLYFIELD-IBRAGIMOV USING DATA BOXING 6.0

Using the brand-new updated cards issued by Dr. Compton for Evander Holyfield and Sultan Ibragimov, I ran another preplay for this heavyweight title bout between the Methuselah of boxing, Holyfield, and the new WBO champ from the Soviet Union, Ibragimov, which will take place this Saturday in Moscow. In this preview, I ran three 100 bout series and utilized Data Boxing's reduced/enhanced efficiency option to play out some possible "what ifs" (denoted by + for enhanced and - for reduced). All three series were set to terminate early at the 1% level if a significant result was achieved.

Series #1 (No adjustments/both at their best) - This series went the distance as a significant result was not achieved...

Ibragimov-Holyfield 45-39-16; 11-8 KOs, 8-9 TKOs

Note: Holyfield held the edge in knockdowns (Ns) 93-49.

Series #2 (Holyfield enhanced +1. Moscow brings out the very best in "The Real Deal" and Holyfield comes up big with an even better effort than the Lou Savarese bout. Ibragimov reduced -1 and comes out flat, similar to the Ray Austin bout). Holyfield won series which was terminated early due to significant result achieved....

+1 Holyfield/-1 Ibragimov 17-3-5; 5-2 KOs, 3-0 TKOs, Ns 19-8

Series #3 (Ibragimov enhanced +1. "The Sultan of Swing" goes after Holyfield and fights the fight of his life; Holyfield reduced -1 and slips badly). Ibragimov won series which was terminated early due to significant result achieved...

+1 Ibragimov/-1 Holyfield 11-1-2; 2-0 KOs, 4-0 TKOs, Ns 8-6

Comment: As you can see, this is a close match-up that could go either way. I look for Ibragimov to be hard-pressed to win this fight. Perhaps Holyfield can come up with a similar or better effort than he did against Savarese and beat Inbragimov.

P.S. I think that this fight will come down to which man desires to win it the most. Desire is one of the 13 steps to success that Napoleon Hill discussed in Think and Grow Rich, a book which Ken Norton attributed to changing his life and inspiring him when he beat Muhammad Ali. One short quote from the chapter entitled Desire in Think and Grow Rich gives insight as to why Holyfield, at age 44, could win the title back...

"...DESIRE BACKED BY FAITH knows no such word as impossible."

-Think and Grow Rich p. 54 (1937 edition)

Big_CityOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2007 - 10:03 AM

I ran across an article regarding today's title bout in Moscow between Holyfield and Ibragimov that I thought may be of interest to the readership. Although the oddsmakers have Ibragimov listed at about a 5-1 favorite, I think Holyfield has a good chance of winning the fight. The fight will start at 1 PM ET.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Ago4.S73ue8xBiLeZRYuUYOUxLYF?slug=ap-ibragimov-holyfield&prov=ap&type=lgns

Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Re: Holyfield vs. Ibragimov (Revised Preplay)  PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 - 01:13 AM

Big_City wrote:
Big_City wrote:

REVISED PREPLAY FOR HOLYFIELD-IBRAGIMOV USING DATA BOXING 6.0

Using the brand-new updated cards issued by Dr. Compton for Evander Holyfield and Sultan Ibragimov, I ran another preplay for this heavyweight title bout between the Methuselah of boxing, Holyfield, and the new WBO champ from the Soviet Union, Ibragimov, which will take place this Saturday in Moscow. In this preview, I ran three 100 bout series and utilized Data Boxing's reduced/enhanced efficiency option to play out some possible "what ifs" (denoted by + for enhanced and - for reduced). All three series were set to terminate early at the 1% level if a significant result was achieved.

Series #1 (No adjustments/both at their best) - This series went the distance as a significant result was not achieved...

Ibragimov-Holyfield 45-39-16; 11-8 KOs, 8-9 TKOs

Note: Holyfield held the edge in knockdowns (Ns) 93-49.

Series #2 (Holyfield enhanced +1. Moscow brings out the very best in "The Real Deal" and Holyfield comes up big with an even better effort than the Lou Savarese bout. Ibragimov reduced -1 and comes out flat, similar to the Ray Austin bout). Holyfield won series which was terminated early due to significant result achieved....

+1 Holyfield/-1 Ibragimov 17-3-5; 5-2 KOs, 3-0 TKOs, Ns 19-8

Series #3 (Ibragimov enhanced +1. "The Sultan of Swing" goes after Holyfield and fights the fight of his life; Holyfield reduced -1 and slips badly). Ibragimov won series which was terminated early due to significant result achieved...

+1 Ibragimov/-1 Holyfield 11-1-2; 2-0 KOs, 4-0 TKOs, Ns 8-6

Comment: As you can see, this is a close match-up that could go either way. I look for Ibragimov to be hard-pressed to win this fight. Perhaps Holyfield can come up with a similar or better effort than he did against Savarese and beat Inbragimov.

P.S. I think that this fight will come down to which man desires to win it the most. Desire is one of the 13 steps to success that Napoleon Hill discussed in Think and Grow Rich, a book which Ken Norton attributed to changing his life and inspiring him when he beat Muhammad Ali. One short quote from the chapter entitled Desire in Think and Grow Rich gives insight as to why Holyfield, at age 44, could win the title back...

"...DESIRE BACKED BY FAITH knows no such word as impossible."

-Think and Grow Rich p. 54 (1937 edition)

Ibragimov beat Holyfield by UD over 12 rounds. Holyfield, at age 44, was trying to become the second oldest HW champ in history. Here is a link to the fight page at BoxRec:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Sultan_Ibragimov_vs._Evander_Holyfield

Jump to: