Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 144 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jeff NicholsonOffline
Post subject: POTG Basketball - Louisville v Michigan State pre-play  PostPosted: Mar 29, 2015 - 11:33 AM

Pre-playing today's East Regional Final between Louisville and Michigan State using the 2014-15 NCAA Yearbook for POTG Basketball.

The players for each team are those that seemingly have a chance to actually play in today's game. Both Louisville and Michigan State have 10 players.

The game is in Syracuse so there's no Home Court Advantage. Conference Scoring Normalization is equal for both teams. Louisville got a very slight bump from the Strength of Schedule Ratings. The Cardinals also had the edge in initial Team Defense. In pregame Defense and SoS adjustments the dice gave Louisville an additional bump when the Cardinals had 3 of Michigan State's negative Defensive Point Adjustments erased when they were assigned to Louisville players with 0 Scoring Rolls and no positive adjustments, while the Spartans only had 2 of Louisville's negative Defensive Point Adjustments erased.

Pregame adjustments left Louisville with a 6 point advantage, but Michigan State had 2 additional Scoring Rolls giving them a slight statistical edge.

In the end the dice sided with the Cardinals as Louisville topped Michigan State, 86-81. The Cardinals were led by Montrezl Harrell with 24 points, Terry Rozier with 18, and Quentin Snider with 14. The Spartan were paced by Travis Trice with 22, Matt Costello with 15, and Branden Dawson with 14.

Reply with quote Back to top
rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2015 - 11:51 AM

Good report. Does this game allow the option of getting the score by halves? This should be a good game. Do you roll for rebounds and assists too or just points?

Jeff NicholsonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2015 - 01:43 PM

Thank you. There is no option to get scores by each half. It's my understanding that the 2013-14 NBA set introduced a procedure to get scores quarter by quarter that I believe can be used for all pro seasons. I don't have the 2013-14 set so I don't know if that procedure could be adapted for college.

Right now I'm just rolling for points as I'm looking at some numbers regarding rebounds and assists.

I'm having a tremendous amount of fun with POTG. It's the type of Basketball Game that I've been looking for. I've only had it a short while but since getting it I've been neglecting my POTG Golf 2014 Euro Cup project. I didn't think any game could cause me to do that. <G>

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2015 - 02:08 PM

I find I have more fun with the game if I only do points. The rebounds and assists are just window dressing and not tied to helping the team win or lose.

Jump to: