Main Menu
· Home

Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy


Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
Online
There are 145 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2017 Ultra Quick College Football Available (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 College Football Universe Available for Final Score (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale Extended 24 hours (Nov 25, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale at Downey Games (Nov 21, 2017)
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Year Book released for HardBall Wars (Oct 02, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject: UQ MMA 2014 Year Book Released  PostPosted: Jul 09, 2014 - 03:05 AM
Site Admin


Joined: May 05, 2012
Posts: 1000

Status: Offline
Downey Games is proud to announce the release of the 2014 Year Book for Ultra Quick MMA.

New to the 2014 Edition are female fighters. We have also included a new set of result charts based upon the round of the fight. The new charts will provide more accuracy in terms of the length of your fights.

The E-Book version is available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_140&products_id=3450

The Printed Year Book is available here: http://www.downeygames.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_139&products_id=3449

The 2014 Year Book features completely updated fighter ratings for all weight classes, an updated Main Chart by Round and an updated Scoring Chart. As stated above, everything needed to play, other than dice is included in this E-book. The 2014 Year Book features over 2800 fighters, both male and female.

UQ MMA allows you to quickly stage a bout between two fighters. Everything you see in the real sport is represented in UQ MMA from submissions to KO's and TKO's.

As with all of the Ultra Quick games, we spare no detail when it comes to rating fighters. The game features well over 2,800 fighters spanning all weight classes.

Order your copy today!
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2015 - 11:41 AM



Joined: Aug 06, 2008
Posts: 285

Status: Offline
Why do underdogs have a slight advantage in rounds 3-5 when there is less than 10 points between the two fighters?
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2015 - 12:58 PM
Site Admin


Joined: May 05, 2012
Posts: 1000

Status: Offline
Carparama wrote:
Why do underdogs have a slight advantage in rounds 3-5 when there is less than 10 points between the two fighters?


This is definitely intentional. As we get more consistent data with MMA fighting, we adjust things to keep with the historical trends. The chart in the 2014 is to keep consistent with historical trends. We also made sure that fights are matching historical round distance.

Our goal is to always provide the most accurate representation of the sport possible. And the 2014 ratings and adjusted chart are part of that philosophy.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
nolefan2Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2015 - 02:25 PM



Joined: Jan 02, 2010
Posts: 250

Status: Offline
Are all fighters listed together, or are male and female competitors listed separately?
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2015 - 03:07 PM



Joined: Aug 06, 2008
Posts: 285

Status: Offline
Downey Games wrote:
This is definitely intentional. As we get more consistent data with MMA fighting, we adjust things to keep with the historical trends. The chart in the 2014 is to keep consistent with historical trends. We also made sure that fights are matching historical round distance.

Our goal is to always provide the most accurate representation of the sport possible. And the 2014 ratings and adjusted chart are part of that philosophy.


Sounds good. I noticed it in the other MMA chart as well, and I was questioning it. Really appreciate the quick response.

Also, I have a question regarding pre/post ratings in the all-time MMA set. In some cases peak is higher than the regular rating. Can you explain the logic behind that? Or, should prime/post be switched in those cases?

Thanks!

(Currently building a fantasy-based UQ Wrestling/Boxing/MMA fed.)
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Downey GamesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2015 - 08:46 PM
Site Admin


Joined: May 05, 2012
Posts: 1000

Status: Offline
Carparama wrote:
Downey Games wrote:
This is definitely intentional. As we get more consistent data with MMA fighting, we adjust things to keep with the historical trends. The chart in the 2014 is to keep consistent with historical trends. We also made sure that fights are matching historical round distance.

Our goal is to always provide the most accurate representation of the sport possible. And the 2014 ratings and adjusted chart are part of that philosophy.


Sounds good. I noticed it in the other MMA chart as well, and I was questioning it. Really appreciate the quick response.

Also, I have a question regarding pre/post ratings in the all-time MMA set. In some cases peak is higher than the regular rating. Can you explain the logic behind that? Or, should prime/post be switched in those cases?

Thanks!

(Currently building a fantasy-based UQ Wrestling/Boxing/MMA fed.)


Peak is the fighter's highest point. In some cases, the Post Prime is higher than Pre-Prime, as the fighter was just better at the end of his career.

Hopefully, I have understood your question correctly.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
CarparamaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2015 - 10:41 PM



Joined: Aug 06, 2008
Posts: 285

Status: Offline
You have, but in some ratings, post-prime is rated higher than peak-prime, which I don't understand.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Display posts from previous:     
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 The PNphpBB Group
Credits
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest (c) 1998-2012 by Jeff Downey and Tabletop-sports.com
theme © by narodniki.com