Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 183 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Thanksgiving Sale 2018 at Downey Games (Nov 16, 2018)
· UQ Baseball 2018 MLB Season Released (Nov 12, 2018)
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DRDATABOXOffline
Post subject: forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/ -for ALL TIME HEAVIES  PostPosted: Oct 07, 2008 - 02:21 AM

Some of you may not know of this site. It is open to all to speculate or play hypothetical matchups, to try and determine who are the best heavyweight boxers of all time.
BigCity is a major contributor.
Just as I have great respect for the boxers of history, I also respect the historians who have covered them, and the replay contributors who tell us more than we previously knew.
Enlightened lovers of boxing keep us interested, and challenge us to continue to find out more.
The site is always open.

Reply with quote Back to top
Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Re: forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/ -for ALL TIME HEAVIES  PostPosted: Oct 19, 2008 - 02:55 PM

DRDATABOX wrote:
Some of you may not know of this site. It is open to all to speculate or play hypothetical matchups, to try and determine who are the best heavyweight boxers of all time.
Just as I have great respect for the boxers of history, I also respect the historians who have covered them, and the replay contributors who tell us more than we previously knew.
Enlightened lovers of boxing keep us interested, and challenge us to continue to find out more.
The site is always open.

Thanks DRDATABOX. I really enjoy discussing Data Boxing results with you and others at both the All Time Heavyweights site and here at Tabletop-Sports. It's fascinating to compare fighters from different eras and play out other hypothetical scenarios using Data Boxing. Thanks again for this great game.

"So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I fight to win. I'm not just shadow-boxing or playing around." (I Cor. 9:26)

Last edited by Big_City on Oct 19, 2008 - 07:50 PM; edited 1 time in total

Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Re: forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/ -for ALL TIME HEAVIES  PostPosted: Oct 19, 2008 - 03:33 PM

Big_City wrote:
DRDATABOX wrote:
The site is always open.

Thanks DRDATABOX. I really enjoy discussing Data Boxing results with you and others at both the All Time Heavyweights site and here at Tabletop-Sports. It's fascinating to compare fighters from different eras and play out other hypothetical scenarios using Data Boxing. Thanks again for this great game.

One of the greatest things about Data Boxing is using this scientific boxing simulation to play out what might have been. As DRDATABOX stated above, the All Time Heavyweights site at Delphi is "open to all to speculate and play hypothetical matchups" and "the site is always open". Stop by the site to discuss hypothetical scenarios and share your replay results.

P.S. I am providing some links to some of my replay projects using Data Boxing 6.0 at the All Time Heavyweights site:

"Back to the Future" in Data Boxing: http://forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/messages?msg=30.1

Data Boxing: Back to the 70s:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/messages/?msg=10.1

P.P.S. I am currently using Data Boxing 6.0 to determine my own all time rankings for the HW division. See:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/messages/?msg=73.1

"So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I fight to win. I'm not just shadow-boxing or playing around." (I Cor. 9:26)

Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Re: forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/ -for ALL TIME HEAVIES  PostPosted: Apr 27, 2014 - 05:20 PM

Big_City wrote:
Big_City wrote:
DRDATABOX wrote:
The site is always open.

One of the greatest things about Data Boxing is using this scientific boxing simulation to play out what might have been. As DRDATABOX stated above, the All Time Heavyweights site at Delphi is "open to all to speculate and play hypothetical matchups" and "the site is always open". Stop by the site to discuss hypothetical scenarios and share your replay results.

P.S. I am providing some links to some of my replay projects using Data Boxing 6.0 at the All Time Heavyweights site:

"Back to the Future" in Data Boxing: http://forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/messages?msg=30.1

P.P.S. I am currently using Data Boxing 6.0 to determine my own all time rankings for the HW division. See:

Here is the site for ALL TIME HEAVIES

Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Re: forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/ -for ALL TIME HEAVIES  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2014 - 09:34 PM

Big_City wrote:
Big_City wrote:
Big_City wrote:
DRDATABOX wrote:
The site is always open.

Here is the site for ALL TIME HEAVIES

KEN NORTON TRIBUTE

My all time top sports hero Ken Norton passed away at the age of 70 on September 18, 2013. Ken brought a touch of class and dignity to the sport of boxing and he was a great boxer. An editorial which appeared in the Jacksonville Journal-Courier discussed that the late former heavyweight champion attended Northeast Missouri State on a football scholarship and was a strong proponent of education and a positive role model. Norton, who was one of the few to beat Muhammad Ali, was also twice voted "Father of the Year".

In a new project paying tribute to Norton, I will stage replays of his bouts using Data Boxing on the actual date that they occurred and post my results. On April 30th, 1976 a heavyweight double feature was broadcast on ABC TV with Howard Cosell announcing. It was billed as the Bicentennial Boxing Spectacular. Ken faced Ron Stander on national TV as part of the Muhammad Ali-Jimmy Young telecast. The project is at All Time Heavyweights:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/messages/?msg=372.1

Big_CityOffline
Post subject: Re: forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/ -for ALL TIME HEAVIES  PostPosted: May 11, 2014 - 11:44 AM

DRDATABOX wrote:
The site is always open.

As noted on the main page at Delphi's All Time Heavyweights by the late Dr. Julian Compton aka DrDataBox, "This is a forum on the best heavyweight boxers, using data boxing, legends of boxing and title bout. Discussion will be on topics of research, replay and criteria for evaluation of the best boxers. It would be great if others shared their results at All Time Heavyweights.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/drdatabox/start

Jump to: