· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
There are 132 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2017 Game Winning Drive College Football Available (Dec 13, 2017)
· 2017 Ultra Quick College Football Available (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 College Football Universe Available for Final Score (Dec 12, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale Extended 24 hours (Nov 25, 2017)
· 2017 Thanksgiving Sale at Downey Games (Nov 21, 2017)
· History of Women's World Cup Soccer Released (Nov 04, 2017)
· 2016-17 Universe Released for Downey's Final Score Soccer (Nov 03, 2017)
· Momentum Football 1968 Season Available (Oct 29, 2017)
· 2013 and 2017 President's Cup for POTG Golf Available (Oct 08, 2017)
· 2017 MLB Available for UQ Baseball (Oct 02, 2017)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ebbetsmanOffline
Post subject: Baseball and general question  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2014 - 07:50 PM

has anyone played any of the Inside Pitch games? I looked at the baseball game and it seems there is an inordinate amount of dice rolls to complete an at bat. It did get good ratings from some of the sports board game reviewers, even one of the top three new games. Any information about this game or the others from this company would be helpful.

Dave

Reply with quote Back to top
BillSOffline
Post subject: RE: Baseball and general question  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hi Dave - I have played Inside Pitch, Inside the Crease, and Inside the Paint. I am a big fan of all of them. Inside Pitch is a very sophisticated game that is a lot of fun to play. What I like about it is how pitchers affect every at bat and are very individualized; that is, a ground ball pitcher will cause a lot of ground balls, a strike out pitcher will get a lot of strikeouts, etc. I know that is not unique to this game, but IP seems to do it better. My favorite aspect of the game, though, is fielding. There is a lot of drama when there is a range check that can take away or result in a hit. These are woven neatly into the game play.

On the downside, there is a lot of dice rolling. I probably would not play it if I didn't use the Ballroller program on my PC or a dice roller app.

Inside the Crease is my favorite hockey game. Each player receives ratings in a multitude of categories and game play is very smooth. Same for Inside the Paint. The double-sided FAC design is genius for both games.

On the downside, card sets are expensive. PDFs are available, but only in secure ebook format, which I find a little annoying (as compared to a straight pdf from the company). I have lost my key codes and could not reprint sets I have ordered. The company has resent codes to me, but I find it a little annoying that I have to do that. I understand why they have it set up that way, but I just don't like it.

gazniakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2014 - 12:37 PM

how long after playing it a few times does the hockey game take bill???

BillSOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2014 - 02:37 PM

I would say a little over an hour - say 65 minutes. It does take some concentration, as you are flipping FACs and referring to the player cards constantly. But once you get a good flow going, the game flies by. It may take me 65-70 minutes for a game, but it never feels like it is too long. For comparison purposes, I play SOM hockey in 40-45 minutes and Hockey Blast in about that same time (although sometime quicker). Inside the Crease takes a little longer, but you expect that from a more detailed game.

Jump to: