Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 163 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· Thanksgiving Sale 2018 at Downey Games (Nov 16, 2018)
· UQ Baseball 2018 MLB Season Released (Nov 12, 2018)
· Three New Ryder Cup Seasons Available (Oct 12, 2018)
· 2018 MLB Released for HardBall Wars (Oct 03, 2018)
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jdowneyadminOffline
Post subject: Re: Mean Gene's Match Up Football  PostPosted: Mar 16, 2010 - 10:04 AM
Site Admin

One final preview for today is a new football game titled, "Mean Gene's Match Up Football".

This is the final game that Gene Moore and I collaborated on before he passed away. The original plan was to release the game this coming fall, along with Goal! and Playmaker's Football. However, for a sense of closure for myself, I'll be releasing the game soon.

Mean Gene's Football is a fast playing football game that factors in every player on the field. The game is Fast Action Card driven which makes game play really quick. And while it plays great solitaire, it also has great head-to-head elements. With Mean Gene's Football, you can run right at a weak defender, or avoid the side of the field with a dominant player. Rushing plays behind an all-pro left tackle will gain more than a play behind a second stringer. Want to pick on a rookie corner? You can with Mean Gene's Match Up Football. This is a draft league gamer's dream!

Everything you see on the real field is represented in this game. And as I previously mentioned, the game plays quickly. A complete game with full stats in an hour is easily achieved.

Look for an announcement regarding the game soon.

Reply with quote Back to top
ClintOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Mean Gene  PostPosted: Mar 17, 2010 - 09:04 PM

Can not wait to see this one. If it is anything like your other football games it will be a winner. Any idea on when it will be available?

mickslaneOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Mean Gene  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2010 - 03:20 PM

Whats the latest news on this game? Really looking forward to it.

galarilOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Mean Gene  PostPosted: Jun 17, 2010 - 01:56 PM

mickslane wrote:
Whats the latest news on this game? Really looking forward to it.

Me too!

mickslaneOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mean Gene  PostPosted: Jul 20, 2010 - 09:08 PM

Football season is just around the corner, come on Jeff, how close are we to seeing this one? Smile

galarilOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mean Gene  PostPosted: Aug 03, 2010 - 06:27 PM

Chris Hawes wrote:
Hi Jeff I am a fan of your Gridiron Wars and was just wondering how this new game of yours stack up against that great game. Is it more fun?, more realistic?, is the "playability" as good? I guess I'm just wondering if I should go this route instead? Are there injuries and rare plays built in? I know I will probably end up buying this game and playing both, but I'm just wondering why? (I guesss) Please don't take this the wrong way Jeff, I am very excited and very interested about this new game but just curious which one is the most realistic I guess. Thanks,
Chris Hawes

Oh and many thanks to you for continuing to come up with new games, products and entertainment!

Chris,

Jeff has answered some of this (rare plays/injuries)over on the delphi table top sports forum. They are both in the game the rare plays are built into the results and cards themselves I guess. I too am big GIW player fan and also am wondering generally speaking how Mean Gene differs from GIW as far as it's target audience. Is it a more strategic game, tactical, quicker play or indepth etc?

Chris HawesOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mean Gene  PostPosted: Aug 04, 2010 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for replying, I could not find delphi table top sports forum but will keep searching. Yeah I agree with you on on all those questions, thnaks!

galarilOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mean Gene  PostPosted: Aug 04, 2010 - 11:07 PM

Chris Hawes wrote:
Thanks for replying, I could not find delphi table top sports forum but will keep searching. Yeah I agree with you on on all those questions, thnaks!

He is a link to the forum:http://forums.delphiforums.com/tabletopsports/start

jdowneyadminOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mean Gene  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2010 - 10:39 AM
Site Admin

galaril wrote:
Hi Jeff I am a fan of your Gridiron Wars and was just wondering how this new game of yours stack up against that great game. Is it more fun?, more realistic?, is the "playability" as good? I guess I'm just wondering if I should go this route instead? Are there injuries and rare plays built in? I know I will probably end up buying this game and playing both, but I'm just wondering why? (I guesss) Please don't take this the wrong way Jeff, I am very excited and very interested about this new game but just curious which one is the most realistic I guess. Thanks,

I wanted to address Chris' first question, before I answer his second in a separate thread.

I've never been one to tie myself to any one game as a gamer. I've also carried that philosophy over to my publishing and designing activities.

In truth, if you have a game that you already enjoy and are satisfied with, there is no need for another game.

As for realism, I think there are plenty of games that are equally realistic. Of course other games will always say they are the ultimate in realism, etc. to get you to buy. Mean Gene's Match-Up Football does incorporate rare plays and there are provisions for injuries.

In terms of game play, Mean Gene's has a different "take" on the game, I suppose is the best way to put it. It also utilizes a Fast Action Deck AND a Fast Results Deck. Overall, it probably plays slightly faster than GIW for most. Again, I say most, as I can play GIW quite quickly with or without the FACs.

But, to directly give you a "why" to buy, when you are satisfied with another game probably isn't the best course of action. And it wouldn't matter if the other game was mine or another.

As a publisher and designer, I know that every game won't appeal to every gamer. Otherwise we would all be playing the same game. As a gamer, I switch things up quite a bit as well. I have favorites, but I play a great many different games. So, I do the same with the games I offer.

I'll answer some more specifics about the game in the other thread where you asked the questions.

reviewboyOffline
Post subject: Re: Mean Gene's Match Up Football  PostPosted: Mar 06, 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hi All -

What is the 'Professional Yearbook' product? For example, does the '1999 Professional Year Book For Mean Gene Football' provide all of the 1999 NFL teams?

Thanks.

reviewboyOffline
Post subject: Re: Mean Gene's Match Up Football  PostPosted: Mar 19, 2011 - 11:41 AM

Thanks to Brian for answering my question.

I ordered the game and am playing my first quarter....

Jump to: