Main Menu
· Home

Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy


Hosted Sites
· Gary's Saddle Racing
· Legends of Boxing
· Decisive Action Sports
· Downey Games
Online
There are 194 unregistered users and 1 registered user on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
· POTG Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Basketball 2018 NBA Available (Apr 19, 2018)
· UQ Hockey 2018 NHL Available (Apr 11, 2018)
· Final Score Hockey 2017-18 Universe Released (Apr 11, 2018)
· Downey Games 2018 Easter Sale Begins (Mar 26, 2018)
· RLB 2018 NCAA Tournament Year Book Available (Mar 14, 2018)
· Player of the Game 2018 NCAA Year Book Available (Mar 12, 2018)
· 2018 NCAA Available for UQ College Basketball (Mar 12, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
ChesapeakejetOffline
26 Post subject: DICE Boxing  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2010 - 11:34 AM



Joined: Mar 22, 2010
Posts: 10

Status: Offline
Has anyone tried DICE boxing? I used Georgeís free demo and got hooked on it. I ended up buying the game (only $15), although with this generous demo, you have 8 heavyweight greats to give you a few hours of enjoyment without having to spend a dime! Itís very accurate and detailed and thus takes about an hour to play a bout. So if youíre in it for a quick tourney, then this isnít the game.
The owner, George, is also very responsive to questions and has other dice based games to play as well. Also as new fighters become available, he will send them to you at no cost! If anyone is interested, hereís his link:

http://www.gen1400.com/demos.php

Enjoy!

Tim
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Huron725Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2010 - 11:46 AM



Joined: Jan 24, 2008
Posts: 150
Location: Flint, MI.
Status: Offline
Hey Tim,
I also downloaded the free demo. I haven't given it a try yet. But with what you say about it I might have to move this game up the list. Too many games, too little time...

John
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
ChesapeakejetOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2010 - 01:45 PM



Joined: Mar 22, 2010
Posts: 10

Status: Offline
Huron725 wrote:
Hey Tim,
I also downloaded the free demo. I haven't given it a try yet. But with what you say about it I might have to move this game up the list. Too many games, too little time...

John

I have fought a total of 3 bouts thus far.

Liston vs. Lennox Lewis - Liston won on a 2nd round KO, can you believe that?

Floyd Patterson vs. Mike Tyson - Tyson, who was warned for excessive head butting, then warned for biting (pretty real huh?), knocked out Patterson in the 2nd round too!

Julio Caesar Chavez vs. Marvelous Marvin Hagler - This fight went the full 10 rounds with Hagler winning a unanimous decision. He knocked down Chavez twice in the bout!

This game is so much fun, I just had to make my own dice tower to play it! It's "Mighty Mick's Boxing" which was in the movie Rocky.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4402069623_5ce8224502_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4402069599_a078702a78_o.jpg
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
MikeOrTaraOffline
Post subject: Hagler- Chavez?  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2010 - 09:59 PM



Joined: Dec 29, 2006
Posts: 16
Location: Greensboro, NC
Status: Offline
Chesapeakejet wrote:
Huron725 wrote:
Hey Tim,
I also downloaded the free demo. I haven't given it a try yet. But with what you say about it I might have to move this game up the list. Too many games, too little time...

John

I have fought a total of 3 bouts thus far.

Liston vs. Lennox Lewis - Liston won on a 2nd round KO, can you believe that?

Floyd Patterson vs. Mike Tyson - Tyson, who was warned for excessive head butting, then warned for biting (pretty real huh?), knocked out Patterson in the 2nd round too!

Julio Caesar Chavez vs. Marvelous Marvin Hagler - This fight went the full 10 rounds with Hagler winning a unanimous decision. He knocked down Chavez twice in the bout!

This game is so much fun, I just had to make my own dice tower to play it! It's "Mighty Mick's Boxing" which was in the movie Rocky.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4402069623_5ce8224502_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4402069599_a078702a78_o.jpg


Did you make any adjustments for the weight disparity in the Chavez-Hagler bout? The heaviest JCC fought at in his career was 147 and Hagler was a career 160 lb'er. That being said I don't think Chavez would last more than 4 rounds with Marv.

Mike C
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
ChesapeakejetOffline
Post subject: Re: Hagler- Chavez?  PostPosted: Mar 23, 2010 - 10:43 PM



Joined: Mar 22, 2010
Posts: 10

Status: Offline
MikeOrTara wrote:
Chesapeakejet wrote:
Huron725 wrote:
Hey Tim,
I also downloaded the free demo. I haven't given it a try yet. But with what you say about it I might have to move this game up the list. Too many games, too little time...

John

I have fought a total of 3 bouts thus far.

Liston vs. Lennox Lewis - Liston won on a 2nd round KO, can you believe that?

Floyd Patterson vs. Mike Tyson - Tyson, who was warned for excessive head butting, then warned for biting (pretty real huh?), knocked out Patterson in the 2nd round too!

Julio Caesar Chavez vs. Marvelous Marvin Hagler - This fight went the full 10 rounds with Hagler winning a unanimous decision. He knocked down Chavez twice in the bout!

This game is so much fun, I just had to make my own dice tower to play it! It's "Mighty Mick's Boxing" which was in the movie Rocky.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4402069623_5ce8224502_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4402069599_a078702a78_o.jpg


Did you make any adjustments for the weight disparity in the Chavez-Hagler bout? The heaviest JCC fought at in his career was 147 and Hagler was a career 160 lb'er. That being said I don't think Chavez would last more than 4 rounds with Marv.

Mike C
No I didn't and I agree. George does have a adjustments you can make if the fighter moves up in a weight class where he never fought. I was just having some fun and didn't make the adjustment to see how he would do.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Display posts from previous:     
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 The PNphpBB Group
Credits
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest (c) 1998-2012 by Jeff Downey and Tabletop-sports.com
theme © by narodniki.com