Contents
· Forums
· Our Reviews
· Search
· Web Links
· Privacy Policy

Hosted Sites
· Downey Games
There are 168 unregistered users and 0 registered users on-line.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Other Stories
· 2018 IndyCar Racing Year Book Available (Sep 26, 2018)
· 2018 PGA Tour Released (Sep 25, 2018)
· 2004 and 2007 Bull Riding Available (Sep 06, 2018)
· New Bull Riding Seasons Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· UQ Boxing 2018 Year Book Released (Aug 24, 2018)
· 2017 Drag Racing Available (Aug 01, 2018)
· 2018 World Cup Available (Jul 17, 2018)
· 2018 College Baseball and Softball Released (Jun 20, 2018)
· 2018 Ultra Quick Wrestling Released (Apr 24, 2018)
· RLB Classic 2018 NBA Released (Apr 19, 2018)
tabletop-sports.com Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WadeDeadpoolOffline
28 Post subject: New Fire PowerPro Wrestling Expansion now in the works!  PostPosted: Aug 09, 2009 - 03:31 AM

The oft-eluded to first expansion to Fire PowerPro Wrestling is now officially in the works! Fifty new wrestlers! Fifty new cards! New game elements! All-new, all-original artwork! All this adds up to a package that will more than double the content of the original game file! Best of all, much like the original game file, the expansion will be absolutely free to print out, cut out, and play, with absolutely no strings attached!

And with that, I move on to the part of this post in which not every sentence will end with an exclamation mark. Rolling Eyes

First things first: A plea for feedback on the base game. I've seen that it's up to two hundred twenty-six downloads, which I don't know if that's high or low. However, I haven't gotten one response via e-mail, on this board, or from a creepy stalker who has somehow found out my home address. I'm not trying to sound haughty, I assure you. I'm truly trying to make this game enjoyable not just for me and my friends, but also for anyone out there in internet-land who takes the time to print and play. However, I can't make the game better for you if you don't tell me what you like, and more importantly, what you DON'T like about the game! Simply put, if you don't tell me it's broke, I'm not going to fix it. I've got some pretty thick skin, so if you think there's a problem with the game, lay it on.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of people on these boards prefer games with solo-play rules for whatever reason. I'll admit that I myself find great enjoyment in solo-play games, both sport and otherwise. Thus, if you're waiting for solo-play rules, please post here and say so. They ARE in the works, but I don't want to rush them and have them half-arsed. However, if even one or two people post here saying that solo-play rules would be of great interest to them, even if they already have tried out the game, I'd be more than happy to put an extra focus on them, trying to speed up their completion without sacrificing quality.

Alright, now that I'm done with a verbal quasi-passive-aggressive-berating, here's what's going to be in the expansion, and what YOU can do to help!

NEW GAME MECHANIC

Remember in the FAQ where I said that the territory tokens were just placeholders for something much better to come? Well here it comes! Rather than being in charge of a territory that is described in the highly-specific and greatly-defined as "Mexico," you will be in charge of your own wrestling promotion. The decision will actually affect your style of play. Will you focus on straight-up wrestling as the head of Ring of Honor? Or will you try to buy out the smaller companies with the WWF? The choice is now yours to further customize the way you play!

NEW WRESTLERS

A wrestling game wouldn't be complete without a bevy of wrestlers to go along with it, and this expansion will double the amount of wrestlers available by adding another fifty grapplers to the talent pool! A portion of the new additions to the roster will focus on the companies that will be added, but also this is where you come in! As I'm making this game for the community, you can put wrestlers you want in the game! I'm easily classified as a wrestling nerd, and the term "obsessed" wouldn't be out of place describing my love for the sport, so feel free to drop anybody from Two Rivers Jack (bonus points to anybody who knows what nationally-known star started out under that persona) to Max Moon on me. Even if I somehow don't know them, that's what Google is there for. Even with the roster already half set, there's a good chance that if you ask for them, you'll get them, if not in this expansion, then definitely in the next.

NEW CARDS

That means new match types, new managers, and more new and classic promos. Again, this is where you (yes YOU) can put your stamp on this game. Do you want to re-live the "Piņata-On-A-Pole" Match for some reason yet unknown to man? Remember a classic promo that's stayed with you for years? Want me to tool on Russo for the abomination known as Road Wild? Post here or e-mail and tell me! Much like the new wrestlers, about half of the new cards being added are set in stone, with a focus on the companies being introduced. However, that still leaves a large portion for you, the end user, to customize and make your own!

Also, it should be noted for suggestions of BOTH wrestlers and cards that the earlier, the better. If you request something a week before the release date, chances are it won't make it into this expansion. However, don't let that discourage you, as you can rest assured there will be a high probability that your suggestion will be near the top of the list for the second expansion.

Mentioning release dates, you're probably wondering when this expansion is coming out. Well here you go: The expansion will be posted here and on my MediaFire page with enough time for you to print and cut it out for Survivor Series. While yes, that's a bit of a way off, I value a quality product over instant gratification.

So go at it! Questions, comments, suggestions and other such ilk, let it flow out here! All are welcome!

Reply with quote Back to top
Dave_BartonOffline
Post subject: Re: New Fire PowerPro Wrestling Expansion now in the works!  PostPosted: Aug 10, 2009 - 09:39 AM

WadeDeadpool wrote:
First things first: A plea for feedback on the base game.

I'll open my mouth. First, you seem like you've got a good sense of humor & are a really decent guy, so that's good.

As far as presentation, the cards look very professional. While some may or may not like the style of hand-drawn wrestlers in contrast to the rest of the cards, I think it gives them a very distinct charm.

As far as the game mechanics, I skimmed through & it seems too complicated to me. I just don't have the attention span I used to for reading lengthy rules, especially with so many different wrestling games currently available. These days, I want simplicity over great detail.

But remember, this is all just *my* opinion. I haven't spoken to anyone else who has tried your game, so I have no idea how anyone else feels about it...although I'd encourage others to post & leave feedback! With so many downloads, I think asking for even 3 or 4 feedbacks isn't much...but also remember, not everyone visits T-S.com every day. I just happened to wander in for the first time in weeks.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Retro_Wrestling_Games/

WadeDeadpoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 12, 2009 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for the feedback! As you took the time to write up some comments, I'll take the time to address them point-by-point.

First, if you're going to open your mouth, I have one word for you: Listerine.

Okay, okay, sorry. Most of my supposed "humor" is just off-the-cuff and usually untrue sarcastic wit. I'm sure your dental hygiene is superb.

As far as having a good sense of humor and being a good guy, one of my jobs, and once the economy turns around what I hope to turn into a full-blown career, is in the criminal justice and forensics field. Also, I used to do stand up and improvisational comedy shows. I pretty much just like making people laugh, and I keep that line of thinking close to my chest to keep me sane when dealing with pedophiles, Nigerian scammers, and other such scum. Also, while many people such as my soon-to-be wife, my family, my friends, and the members of my congressional district would agree with you that I'm a really decent guy, I have to admit that there are a few people who are now in prison who would disagree with you. Twisted Evil

And yes, before you ask, I did spend that much time on that subject just to inflate my ego a bit. Sorry, I've had a rough day, the woman is asleep, and I just felt like pumping myself up a bit so I don't cry while rocking back and forth in a corner curled up in the fetal position.

...no, I don't have personal issues, why do you ask? Surprised

As far as the layout of the cards go, the two things you picked up on are actually two of the things that I thought the longest and hardest on when developing this game. As far as the layout and template of the cards go, if I was creating a game that required a large number of those cards to be used, I focused on the appearance of them as the most critical visual aspect to the game. It makes me happy to see that I've succeeded in that. As far as the hand-drawn goes, that really came down to a two-part set of reasoning. One, finding non-copy written good pictures of wrestlers is a WHOLE lot harder than you might imagine. Two, I just really, really like to draw. Once a year I actually draw and write a three-month series of comic books for an initiative to help promote reading in local schools. Give me a pen or pencil, a pad of paper, and I can amuse myself for hours on end. I'm glad to see that you like the fruits of my labors in that regard.

As far as the rules coming off as overly complicated, I blame my ADD. Laughing When I write, things tend to get very, VERY wordy. (You never woulda guessed, huh? Razz ) The game itself is quite simple. Check out the original Blitzmatch rules, the link for them is thrown all over the FAQ's and rulebook. They're only four pages long, and most of that is explanatory charts. My game is pretty much those rules with cards. It's one of those things that seems imposing at first, but is really simple once you get than hang of it. Still, if it's not your cup of tea, I'm not going to hold it against you.

As far as the last paragraph, I don't want to come off like I'm demanding YOU HAVE TO COMMENT ABOUT THIS GAME. It's just that over a couple months there seem to have been a good amount of downloads, so I just wanted to know if people liked it or not.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback!

Dave_BartonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2009 - 11:41 AM

WadeDeadpool wrote:
When I write, things tend to get very, VERY wordy. (You never woulda guessed, huh? Razz ) The game itself is quite simple.

Could you put together a QuickRef sheet, with just the actual steps involved in rolling the dice? Sans explanations for why? It could be the only thing holding back more feedback. Its what I did with my (now-defunct) RWG...wrote up everything with its explanation & then put a QuickRef at the end.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Retro_Wrestling_Games/

WadeDeadpoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2009 - 11:41 AM

I'm a bit tired, I work a third shift so I'm waaaaaay past my bed time. However, I threw together a little baseball-card sized quick reference card. Once JD approves the upload, it should show up. Hopefully it helps.

HARPfromHELLOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 - 10:38 AM

where can i get this game from? any help is appreciated,THANKS!!

statfreakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 - 12:16 PM

HARPfromHELL wrote:
where can i get this game from? any help is appreciated,THANKS!!

In the Wrestling Games download section... http://www.tabletop-sports.com/modules.php?name=UpDownload&req=viewdownload&cid=8

Direct link to game:

http://www.tabletop-sports.com/modules.php?name=UpDownload&req=getit&lid=2309

indianaiceOffline
Post subject: Re: New Fire PowerPro Wrestling Expansion now in the works!  PostPosted: Feb 24, 2010 - 08:31 PM

WadeDeadpool wrote:

Also, I've noticed that a lot of people on these boards prefer games with solo-play rules for whatever reason. I'll admit that I myself find great enjoyment in solo-play games, both sport and otherwise. Thus, if you're waiting for solo-play rules, please post here and say so. They ARE in the works, but I don't want to rush them and have them half-arsed. However, if even one or two people post here saying that solo-play rules would be of great interest to them, even if they already have tried out the game, I'd be more than happy to put an extra focus on them, trying to speed up their completion without sacrificing quality.

I downloaded the rules and skimmed through them and I like the game engine. This is a wrestling game I thought about putting together a long time ago but never did. I would be interested in the solo version of the game since I am a solo type of guy.....lol

Edward R. Meek

rickertOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2010 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, I'm the same way. I have no interest in any wrestling game that I can't play solo.

Jump to: